my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Voivod supporting Judas Priest. (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3

Author Topic: Voivod supporting Judas Priest.
NightSod
VoivodFan
Member # 133

posted June 23, 2008 09:43     Profile for NightSod   Email NightSod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
homepage news, at the top.

Well, I could just fucking weep. That's my two favourite bands of the whole metal kaboodle right there....

Congrats those of you who are close to this one!

|  IP: Logged
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted June 23, 2008 10:12     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
WOW!!!! that's great news. And the Testament Voivod Forbidden show is also a pretty fuckin kickass bill!!!!

--------------------

yawn

tsawyerfam
VoivodFan
Member # 992

posted June 23, 2008 11:51     Profile for tsawyerfam   Email tsawyerfam     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well it looked like I am going back up in AUGUST! However Aug 12 is a Tuesday.

Maybe I'll Fly?

tsawyerfam
VoivodFan
Member # 992

posted June 27, 2008 14:27     Profile for tsawyerfam   Email tsawyerfam     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Tickets go on sale Sat for the show......

Mmmmmmmm......

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted June 27, 2008 14:31     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
^^ hey, maybe i will meet you this time.
Syl Disjonk
VoivodFan
Member # 148

posted June 27, 2008 15:32     Profile for Syl Disjonk   Email Syl Disjonk     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I got my ticket on the FLOOR!

There's is a special back door to order the ticket before saturday it work only before 6PM.

HERE

One more cool thing is that there is no seats on the floor!

To the death !

--------------------

Remembered in space....
to the DEATH...... et ā l'INFINI
www.disjonk.com
Ethereal Chrysalis

VOIVOD tribute video We Are Connected

VOIVOD: Kluskap O' Kom music video

ETHEREAL CHRYSALIS - Lovecraftian fantastic short film directed by Syl Disjonk

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted June 27, 2008 19:51     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Japan one looks amazing.

Forbidden were supposed to play over here around now but they've cancelled.

Anyone know Kawasaki? Hotels anywhere near the venue, or is this another camping jobby??

--------------------

String em up

shargraves
VoivodFan
Member # 575

posted June 28, 2008 04:55     Profile for shargraves   Email shargraves     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Tokyo is an amazing place!

Food is spectacular - i love those revolving sushi bars. And if any one is going, while you're in Tokyo - go the ninja restaurant!! Its hilarious!!!

--------------------

Steven Hargraves
Rhythm Guitar in Monstrance
https://www.facebook.com/monstranceofficial

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted June 28, 2008 07:04     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanx Hex!

I may well go to this if anyone else is going. Might have trouble persuading anyone to come with me though, & I'll be nervous going over there on my own.
Are Voivod on before or after Forbidden? Anyone know? How long will they play for??

I'm having surgery on 12th August, so any lucky bastids going to that gig, think of me! .. I should be ok to travel by September provided it doesn't all go horribly wrong.

And I'd still rather fork out to sleep in a hotel than a tent.

--------------------

String em up

tsawyerfam
VoivodFan
Member # 992

posted June 28, 2008 13:48     Profile for tsawyerfam   Email tsawyerfam     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nia:
^^ hey, maybe i will meet you this time.

Yes, with the drive, and the excitment of the moment, I did not get to meet half of the people I wanted to.

I am trying to figure out how I can get up there for the Aug 12 show. It is going to be very difficult to pull that one off.

I will be in Repetingy / Lassumption at xmas this year for sure. I know it's far off maybe there will be a show around then? That would be a nice present, VV for Xmas featuring Blacky Claus.

royvis
VoivodFan
Member # 102

posted July 15, 2008 20:39     Profile for royvis   Email royvis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Me and the wife are taking a short vacation to see Voivod play with Priest. We'll be taking a 9 hour train from New Jersey and spending a few days in Montreal before and after the show. The excitement from the MTL festival, all those great photos, stories, and videos really got the blood pumpin!

And thanks to tsawyerfam for inspiring me to get outta Jersey for a few days...

Anyone have any recommendations on cool stuff to see/do in Montreal and immediate area?
Last I read, the metal sculpture pictured in the Nothingface CD insert is still standing in Old Port, Montreal. Can anyone confirm this. That is high on the list of things to see.

Here ends my first post in years.

Cheers,
Roy

--------------------

The artist formally known as Shiva23

The wider is the comprehension, the deeper and stonger is the illusion.

TWIN DUMMY
Junior VoivodFan
Member # 1036

posted July 16, 2008 23:00     Profile for TWIN DUMMY   Email TWIN DUMMY     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Im in NYC,and Im doing the same thing. we are driving up to montreal on the 12th to tha vod/priest show. I cant freaking wait!!!! Do you have seats or Gen Admiss tickets??
Ive been to Montreal a few times. Its a nice town. This will be the first time I will be in canada in the summer...Im usually there when its freezing!!!

tsawyerfam
VoivodFan
Member # 992

posted July 17, 2008 10:13     Profile for tsawyerfam   Email tsawyerfam     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I am strongly considering driving up again.

It is going to be near impossible to pull it off however.

I am going on Sunday, 7/20/08 Cavalera Conspiracy with Dillinger Escape Plan, Throwdown, Bury Your Dead, Incite at Irving Plaza.

I am really trying to make that Canada trip work.

Why cant they play on a Sat night for fucks sake.

Simen
VoivodFan
Member # 1028

posted July 17, 2008 13:58     Profile for Simen   Email Simen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tsawyerfam:
Why cant they play on a Sat night for fucks sake.

Why canīt they play at some different places for fucks sake?

--------------------

A star - even if extinct thousands of years ago - still sends his light through the universe

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted July 17, 2008 14:58     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I can't wait!!
royvis
VoivodFan
Member # 102

posted July 18, 2008 18:35     Profile for royvis   Email royvis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I got floor seats, here's hoping I can get pretty close to the stage. This'll be my first visit to Canada and I'm totally psyched. Voivod and vacation!

Follow the link for a picture of me, Away and some other guys who went to see Voivod in New Jersey, 2003.
Maybe you'll see yourself!?
http://www.geocities.com/royvis.geo/FAvoivod.html

Cavalera Conspiracy will be awesome... Igor rocks.

--------------------

The artist formally known as Shiva23

The wider is the comprehension, the deeper and stonger is the illusion.

TWIN DUMMY
Junior VoivodFan
Member # 1036

posted July 19, 2008 00:29     Profile for TWIN DUMMY   Email TWIN DUMMY     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
WOW, I WAS AT THAT BIRCHILL SHOW. THAT IS AN AWESOME PHOTO!!!
WHAT OTHER VV SHOWS HAVE YOU BEEN TO OVER THE YEARS? ANY NY AREA SHOWS?? MY FAV SHOW WAS 1990 LAMOURS NOTHINGFACE TOUR!!! WITH FNM & SOUNDGARDEN.

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted July 19, 2008 02:59     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Head Villain:
I'm having surgery on 12th August, so any lucky bastids going to that gig, think of me!

Hey! (as the newly re-crowned "Warrior" would say himself!) Are you gonna be alright? (like the kids?) Seriously though, what's going on cool chic?

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted July 20, 2008 16:45     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Haha nothing serious, just cosmetic.
Bollocks to trying to rearrange it though, I've waited long enough already eh!

--------------------

String em up

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted July 20, 2008 23:36     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cosmetic? You're not getting your Voivod tat removed, are you?

I revisited this thread today and was thinking how great it would be if Voivod could do the entire Canadian leg with Priest.

tsawyerfam
VoivodFan
Member # 992

posted July 21, 2008 07:02     Profile for tsawyerfam   Email tsawyerfam     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Voivod at Old Bridge on May 16 2003?

Here was my post on this board after the show.
http://www.voivodfan.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=001469

Strange and Ironic.

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted July 21, 2008 13:47     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nuclear Vampire:
Cosmetic? You're not getting your Voivod tat removed, are you?

Hahahaaa! Don't be daft.

--------------------

String em up

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted July 25, 2008 08:11     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skulhed:
I can't wait!!

me neither!!

tsawyerfam
VoivodFan
Member # 992

posted August 12, 2008 09:53     Profile for tsawyerfam   Email tsawyerfam     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Is there a set list yet?

I cannot make it tonight, I will be thinking of you fortunate ones who will be there.

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted August 12, 2008 10:15     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'll be somewhere in the audience. Say hi if you see me.

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan