my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » UEFA Football ! (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 

Author Topic: UEFA Football !
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted June 20, 2008 18:55     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Croatia lost to Turkey.
We are out.

This was one hell of a game.
A game of pure inability to CONTROL THE GODDAMN BALL on Croatia's part.
We were a better team...but in the end simply lost.

I am depressed.
Now all those 100,000 Croats will be coming back from Beč (Vienna Austria) in a bad mood.
This means that Monday...they will be worse because they lost...and must go back to work too.

Pretty much it's back to the same old corrupt Croatia again.
At least the Football united the country for a short while.

|  IP: Logged
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted June 22, 2008 21:43     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Surprise surprise... Again?!?!

Bye bye to both Holland and Italy! Looks like Russia is gonna win after all...

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted June 23, 2008 04:03     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yep. Russia FTW!
Easily the most entertaining team to watch. Grinding every team they play down to the ground, and they smile doing it.

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!
- Excellent, then we can attack in any direction!"

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted June 27, 2008 05:50     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Spain v Germany it is then. After watching both semi-finals, I gotta say Spain are looking the better side. But I have a lot of German friends, so I'll probably be cheering them on (I can hear my ancestors spinning in their graves as I type!)
Simen
VoivodFan
Member # 1028

posted June 27, 2008 07:03     Profile for Simen   Email Simen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I still can´t believe, that Russia played so bad yesterday. What happend to them??? At least I´m in no trouble now for whom I keep my fingers crossed in the final...

--------------------

A star - even if extinct thousands of years ago - still sends his light through the universe

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted June 27, 2008 11:20     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Surprise surprise... Aw, nevermind.

Go winner, go!

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted June 27, 2008 11:47     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Väinämöinen:
If there is, the Finnish national football team is sure to win it every year! Would be nice to see a game between your "loser" team and our finest, who have never gotten even close to qualifying for the championships...Heja Sverige!

Oh yeah, det är midsommar nu. Skål!

Well at least you have a fine heritage of F1 drivers

Spain for the win I hope.

And I can proudly proclaim I have not watched a single match in it's entirety. I saw a couple of snippets and that is all.

I doubt I'll watch the final either to be honest.

--------------------

Hail Santa...

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted June 28, 2008 12:53     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Is anyone even interested in this anymore?

Go Germans!

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted June 28, 2008 15:32     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Spain for the win! The teutonic forces are tough to beat but it would be nice to see the spaniards get gold for a change. Anyway, Deutschland will probably win as usual...

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

Simen
VoivodFan
Member # 1028

posted June 29, 2008 01:31     Profile for Simen   Email Simen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey, exactly what I would´ve said!

But you know, there´s a world championship in two years. Maybe the Russians will beat them all then!

--------------------

A star - even if extinct thousands of years ago - still sends his light through the universe

shargraves
VoivodFan
Member # 575

posted June 29, 2008 14:41     Profile for shargraves   Email shargraves     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My team is still in with a good shout - come on Espana!!!

I hope Torres bangs in a few goals tonight - he's been unlucky so far - and with David Villa injured, spain are gonna need someone to step up and fire them to victory!

Although the Germans have been patchy so far, not particularly impressive - they do have a habit of grinding out dreary wins - as they are such a difficult side to break down. Podolski (though polish) is a very dangerous player.

Though I remember Liverpool 5 - 1 Germany very well!!

(it was technically England - but the liverpool contingent bagged all 5 goals!)

--------------------

Steven Hargraves
Rhythm Guitar in Monstrance
https://www.facebook.com/monstranceofficial

shargraves
VoivodFan
Member # 575

posted June 29, 2008 16:38     Profile for shargraves   Email shargraves     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Germany 0 - 1 Spain (Torres '33)

Think I called that one just about right!!!

--------------------

Steven Hargraves
Rhythm Guitar in Monstrance
https://www.facebook.com/monstranceofficial

Simen
VoivodFan
Member # 1028

posted June 29, 2008 17:31     Profile for Simen   Email Simen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Congrats to you and all the Spain supporting Voivodians!

The better team won tonight. But we´ll meet you again in two years!

--------------------

KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted June 29, 2008 18:31     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well Spain won and deservedly so. Germany were largely terrible - I am left wondering how they made it to the final on form like that? How it stayed 1-0 is a mystery, Spain should have had a cricket score it was that embarrassingly one sided.

This was the only euro 2008 game I watched. I wanted the Germans to lose and, for once, it went the way I wanted.

Congrats to Spain on a richly deserved win!

--------------------

Hail Santa...

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted June 30, 2008 02:57     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh well.

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan