my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » UEFA Football ! (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: UEFA Football !
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted June 12, 2008 14:24     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Why, oh why is there not a thread on here about this already?

What is wrong with you Football fans?

Well now here is the thread.

I am happy because Croatia just beat Germany! Wooooooo!
Next up is Poland!

Can't wait for the World Championships to come around.
Anyone who remembers knows that i will be cheering for TOGO! lol!

|  IP: Logged
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted June 12, 2008 18:25     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
there's a small thread about holland somewhere here...

I need to find some austrians. Gotta love those english refs, wh?

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted June 13, 2008 04:29     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I was rooting for the Pens but Detroit simply had too much playoff experience compared to their young team.

Yes, I've been watching the Uropian Championships even tho I'm a hockey fan. I've even developed a serious mental disorder, the most visible symptom of which is me actually playing footie (real, not a fucking video game) with a bunch of other retards 2-3 times a week and actually enjoying it very much.

Did you guys watch the Turkey-Switzerland game? Nice going in the first half, haha...

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted June 13, 2008 05:39     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
heh heh, if it had been a winters day, that match would have turned into a hockey game.

I've played in conditions as bad as that, and it's funny as fuck. Don't think the Turks would agree though.

shargraves
VoivodFan
Member # 575

posted June 13, 2008 15:27     Profile for shargraves   Email shargraves     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sticking up for spain - there's a four-man scouse contingent there!

And Kuyt & Babel for Holland too!

--------------------

Steven Hargraves
Rhythm Guitar in Monstrance
https://www.facebook.com/monstranceofficial

KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted June 14, 2008 07:47     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm not too bothered. With all the home nations (England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales) not taking part I'm pretty disinterested to be honest.

From the little I have seen though I have to say Holland and Spain look on fire and will prove diffcult to beat.

That would make a nice final, although I don't know whether their respective routes to it mean this is possible.

--------------------

Hail Santa...

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted June 14, 2008 08:32     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What the fuck are you all bazzling about! There is only ONE team that is going to win the championchip. I will not say the name outloud but if you watched closely you must have seen them playing in lightblue socks defeating Italy (3-0) and France (4-1) stunningly.

(Don't forget italy = former worldchampion & France = 2nd after Italy)

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted June 14, 2008 09:35     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Väinämöinen:
I was rooting for the Pens but Detroit simply had too much playoff experience compared to their young team.

Yes, I've been watching the Uropian Championships even tho I'm a hockey fan. I've even developed a serious mental disorder, the most visible symptom of which is me actually playing footie (real, not a fucking video game) with a bunch of other retards 2-3 times a week and actually enjoying it very much.

Did you guys watch the Turkey-Switzerland game? Nice going in the first half, haha...

After the Rangers were out, i hoped Detroit would win it. Hell, they are practically a Swedish team anyway

The football is at least a valid excuse to have a beer.

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!
- Excellent, then we can attack in any direction!"

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted June 14, 2008 12:31     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
We need "valid" excuses to have beer now?

Here are a few others (for future reference):

- finished the last beer, time for a new one!
- a toast to the gigantic spider outside my window completing its web (again)
- another toast because the gigantic spider is OUTSIDE
- finished **insert random chore here** and deserve a reward
- dinnertime!
- dessert!
- it's hot (speaking of weather)
- it's cold (speaking of beer)
- just because

--------------------

ummm.....I got nothin' today :-(

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted June 14, 2008 13:52     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm gonna have a beer because of your post about Beer!

Oh...and another one for Detroit.
Poor Stars were just too weak this year.

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted June 14, 2008 15:09     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Megz:
We need "valid" excuses to have beer now?

Here are a few others (for future reference):

- finished the last beer, time for a new one!
- a toast to the gigantic spider outside my window completing its web (again)
- another toast because the gigantic spider is OUTSIDE
- finished **insert random chore here** and deserve a reward
- dinnertime!
- dessert!
- it's hot (speaking of weather)
- it's cold (speaking of beer)
- just because

Yay!
I can soon ask my wife for a good reason as soon as i'm thirsty! She's knows em all

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted June 15, 2008 16:51     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Classic quote from the English TV commentator in the last minute of the Czech v Turkey game:

"If a spaceship landed, right now, in the centre circle direct from mars, I wouldn't be surprised"

I want what he's smoking!

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted June 16, 2008 04:15     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hahaha! That was great...but it was an incredible comeback, especially considering the Turks had never beaten the Czechs before last night. Good game!

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted June 16, 2008 11:39     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well bummer. I was cheering for Czech.

Tonight...Croatia vs Poland.
Just got my Croatia checker #18 Olić jersey on right now.

What the hell has happened to me?
From Dallas Cowboys and Stars to wearing the red and white checker-board Olić shirt.

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted June 16, 2008 11:46     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by h:
Classic quote from the English TV commentator in the last minute of the Czech v Turkey game:

"If a spaceship landed, right now, in the centre circle direct from mars, I wouldn't be surprised"

I want what he's smoking!

Probly the only xciting thing to happen at a football game IMO.

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted June 17, 2008 09:20     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hexonutz:
We owned Greeks the other day.
Now let's beat Swedes today.
РОССИЯ - ВПЕРЕД!!!!

Hihi

Så fan heller :-)
Heja Sverige!

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!

KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted June 17, 2008 17:22     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
*sits in front of PC with a pint of Guinness, pays homage to the fridge full of his favourite tipple...*

YUMMMYYY!!!

--------------------

Hail Santa...

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted June 17, 2008 17:52     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
WTF??? Kula starting a FOOTBALL thread?

What else, will I need to start a hockey one?

P.S.: please, don't get me started on that pack of human garbage, aka Brasilian National Team. What a bunch of (literally!) losers, hope Argentina beats them mercilessly tomorrow. Probably the only way to get rid of Dunga before it's too late!

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted June 17, 2008 17:54     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh, about the UEFA cup, don't waste your time, Portugal is gonna win for sure. Greece is on a bad season after all...

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

nunoPT
VoivodFan
Member # 379

posted June 18, 2008 08:18     Profile for nunoPT   Email nunoPT     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Slaytanic:
Oh, about the UEFA cup, don't waste your time, Portugal is gonna win for sure. Greece is on a bad season after all...

LOL now i want what the english commentator is smoking and our friend Slaytanic as well not in a zillion years in a square world with everything upside down in the 5th dimension and even without the Greeks.

ps: congrats to Boston

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted June 18, 2008 09:24     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hexonutz:
C'mon. We beat you in hockey - how many times this year? - so no big deal in footy either.

Hurmff!

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted June 18, 2008 17:06     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
We sucked for over 90 minutes. Is there a medal to be won in the fine art of suck?

Russia owned us.

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted June 19, 2008 10:32     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't want Portugal to win.

Booooo Portugal! (Sorry Nuno)

Croatia or Netherlands!

Yes, Slaytanic...you will need to start the Hockey thread next season.

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted June 19, 2008 21:54     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Surprise surprise, huh?

Oh well... Go Croatia, go!

--------------------

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted June 20, 2008 04:56     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by vroomfondel:
We sucked for over 90 minutes. Is there a medal to be won in the fine art of suck?

If there is, the Finnish national football team is sure to win it every year! Would be nice to see a game between your "loser" team and our finest, who have never gotten even close to qualifying for the championships...Heja Sverige!

Oh yeah, det är midsommar nu. Skål!

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan