my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » hello/Dimension Hatröss

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: hello/Dimension Hatröss
Rev. Joel
VoivodFan
Member # 1024

posted June 03, 2008 23:34     Profile for Rev. Joel   Email Rev. Joel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hello all...I'm new around here, and relatively new to Voivod, but Dimension Hatröss has recently taken over my life. I look forward to getting into to my recently-purchased copies of War and Pain and The Outer Limits, just as soon as I can pull myself away from DH.

And speaking of tangents, does anyone know the exact US release date of Dimension Hatröss?

|  IP: Logged
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted June 04, 2008 06:00     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rev. Joel:
Hello all...I'm new around here, and relatively new to Voivod, but Dimension Hatröss has recently taken over my life. I look forward to getting into to my recently-purchased copies of War and Pain and The Outer Limits, just as soon as I can pull myself away from DH.

And speaking of tangents, does anyone know the exact US release date of Dimension Hatröss?

Heey, Welcome here on this board. We are all friendly people! After the purchase you could go on with RRRROOOAAARRR, Killing Technology, Nothingface, AngleRat, Negatron, Phobos, Kronik, Lives, Voivod s/t, Katorz and DVOD-1.

When you have'em all. Try to get away from Voivod in general!! Most of us didn't manage to.....

My personal fav's are: killing Technology, Negatron, Phobos, RRROOOAAARRR, let's say the more loud ones. But I give AngelRat a regular spin also.

Where do you live? I am from Holland.....

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted June 04, 2008 08:24     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Paul, speak for yourself... Okay, I'll play nice...hello and welcome from the Land of Enchantment!

Dimension Hatross....think I'll bring that one along to school this morning.

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted June 04, 2008 08:27     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh, I forgot one thing....JACK LUMINOUS
Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted June 04, 2008 11:39     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Hello all...I'm new around here, and relatively new to Voivod, but Dimension Hatröss has recently taken over my life.

Lucky you! Once you start getting into Voivod, you don't hear other music in the same way.

WELCOME ABOARD!!!

Oh, and go get NOTHINGfuckingFACE already, k?

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted June 04, 2008 14:43     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Welcome aboard

--------------------

String em up

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted June 04, 2008 16:46     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Welcome!

Quite glad to know that DH took over your life... it does that alot.

As far as exact release date, I'm not quite sure. A wild guess would be sometime in May of 1988.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted June 04, 2008 18:29     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Welcome to the coolest fukin board on the net. almost everyone here is a great person (except me, I'm a jerk) and we have a few excellent musicians here and a every now and then we are blessed with some posts from past and present members of the band.

Stick around, read, live, learn, post, eat, breathe, sleep, dream, and puke VOIVOD.

Yes, NOTHINGFACE must be purchased as soon as possible, especially if you're into Hatross so much.

--------------------

yawn

Cthon
Member # 156

posted June 04, 2008 20:16     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i listened to Hatross three times in a row last week, haha. you would think it would get old eventually, but nope. never does.

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

Thanos
VoivodFan
Member # 174

posted June 04, 2008 21:18     Profile for Thanos   Email Thanos     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hatross is always near or at the top of my all-time favorite album lists.

Also, I can't recommend Killing Technology enough.

And welcome.

Rev. Joel
VoivodFan
Member # 1024

posted June 04, 2008 21:51     Profile for Rev. Joel   Email Rev. Joel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks for the warm welcome, y'all. First time I've felt this welcome on a board in a very long time.

Speaking of that - Cthon, is it safe to assume that you're the same Cthon from allcentral back in the day? I definitely remember that some Voivod fans posted there when I was around.

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted June 05, 2008 08:01     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh, and let's not forget all the celebrities that are regularly posting on this forum, like Blackie from WASP (who goes by the name "Blacky"!), Tom Araya from Slayer (he posts under the name "Slaytanic", and will make you believe he's brazilian) and even Robert Trujillo!
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted June 05, 2008 17:53     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Maldororz:
Oh, and let's not forget all the celebrities that are regularly posting on this forum, like Blackie from WASP (who goes by the name "Blacky"!), Tom Araya from Slayer (he posts under the name "Slaytanic", and will make you believe he's brazilian) and even Robert Trujillo!

Vai contar essa história de Tom Araya pra outro, Pinóquio.

And welcome aboard, Joel. And don't forget to put your hands on Nothingface as soon as you can. Like, now, go, what's taking you so long???

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Cthon
Member # 156

posted June 05, 2008 20:34     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Thanks for the warm welcome, y'all. First time I've felt this welcome on a board in a very long time.

Speaking of that - Cthon, is it safe to assume that you're the same Cthon from allcentral back in the day? I definitely remember that some Voivod fans posted there when I was around.

ha! thats me... i was wondering if you posted as "korgull" over there, but you just said you got into Voivod relatively recently, so that didnt quite make sense. what was your board name over there?

--------------------

Rev. Joel
VoivodFan
Member # 1024

posted June 05, 2008 20:38     Profile for Rev. Joel   Email Rev. Joel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My board name there was Joel. I'm pretty imaginative.

--------------------

"Wow, a superpowers drug you can just rub into your skin? You'd think it'd be something you'd have to freebase."
- Philip J. Fry

Cthon
Member # 156

posted June 05, 2008 22:07     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i seem to recall that name...

i dont post over at the new ALLboard (its the Dorkboard now) very much anymore, but im still friends with most of the people over there. Stephen played guitar on one of our songs a few months ago, actually...

"I Hate the Jocks" at www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

--------------------

Mind Running Slow
VoivodFan
Member # 331

posted June 06, 2008 00:02     Profile for Mind Running Slow   Email Mind Running Slow     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Welcome Aboard Rev. Joel!

Great thing about Voivod, is that they were ahead of their time, which for a music fan, still pays off twenty years later cause the music NEVER sounds dull or dated like a lot other 80's metal.

If you like Dimension Hatross album, be sure to check out the "Tribal Convictions" and "Psychic Vaccuum" videos. You can find them on Youtube, among other places

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted June 06, 2008 15:20     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Slaytanic:
Vai contar essa história de Tom Araya pra outro, Pinóquio.

Couldn't resist, Tom. You know it's mandatory... I love "Christ Illusion" by the way, best thing you did since "Seasons".

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted June 06, 2008 17:28     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
yo Rev, if you haven't found all the incredible downloads on Voivodfan yet, go there ASAP and you'll be in for endless hours of musical bliss. lots of live shows, demos, unreleased stuff, rarities... another reason why this place is hands down THE best site on the net.

--------------------

yawn

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan