my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Vinyl! (Page 3)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Author Topic: Vinyl!
AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted July 02, 2008 07:43     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hawkwind's "Warrior On The Edge Of Time":

Doomy Stuph:

Random Stuph:

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

|  IP: Logged
winoguy
VoivodFan
Member # 748

posted July 02, 2008 14:21     Profile for winoguy   Email winoguy     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Residents are awesome and that is a great looking Masters of Reality LP.

--------------------

11-7-88 w/ Violence
5-15-03 w/ Sepultura
6-22-08 w/ Anthrax

Interested in CDR trades. Have over 3100 titles in thrash, doom, death, grind, hardcore, NWOBHM, 70's, power etc. I sell on ebay under vladdrac666
http://www.myspace.com/doommetalpatches

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted July 02, 2008 15:11     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That Winter lp rules Chef

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!
- Excellent, then we can attack in any direction!"

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted July 02, 2008 22:02     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
THE BLUE GARDEN by the MoR!!!!! God damn I love that album, and Sunshine On The Surferbus is a damn fine disc also!!!!
Timeless slabs of rock n roll.

I love this topic, although it really upset me when i realized all my Voivod vinyl was sold when I needed the $$$ many years ago. I only have the promo 12" clear vinyl that I purchased a few years ago. At least I have all the cds, and promo cds, and some collectable cds, but seeing the vinyl pictured here bring a longing tear to my eye, as if a good friend passed away

--------------------

yawn

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted July 02, 2008 22:18     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
THE BLUE GARDEN by the MoR!!!!! God damn I love that album, and Sunshine On The Surferbus is a damn fine disc also!!!!
Timeless slabs of rock n roll.

I love this topic, although it really upset me when i realized all my Voivod vinyl was sold when I needed the $$$ many years ago. I only have the promo 12" clear vinyl that I purchased a few years ago. At least I have all the cds, and promo cds, and some collectable cds, but seeing the vinyl pictured here bring a longing tear to my eye, as if a good friend passed away

It's not like you threw them away, man! I'm sure they're a treasured part of someone's collection. You just passed on the joy, it's not gone from the world. Or something like that.

I have the world's smallest vinyl collection myself (population = 0). In fact, I have only ever purchased ONE album in my life, and it was intended for a gift. The miracle is that it survived the trip to London intact, in my backpack, crammed under the seat in front of me. Ah good times....

--------------------

ummm.....I got nothin' today :-(

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted July 03, 2008 02:17     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
THE BLUE GARDEN by the MoR!!!!!

This is my favourite Masters of Reality album. Not as keen on the later stuff though!
Although T.U.S.A. is one of the best songs ever.

--------------------

String em up

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted July 03, 2008 10:47     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I heart AngelRat.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted July 04, 2008 18:27     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Head Villain:
This is my favourite Masters of Reality album. Not as keen on the later stuff though!
Although T.U.S.A. is one of the best songs ever.

Totally agree. The second release is damn good, but they lost something after that and even though I still continue to buy what MoR puts out, I have yet to be as impressed with anything as I am with the first 2.

My old vinyl may now be in someone elses collection but I still miss it dearly and I know it misses me.

--------------------

yawn

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted July 05, 2008 17:13     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The second MOR album is the only one still missing in my collection. I agree on the first one being the best and I totally love the live album "How High The Moon" which was later rereleased as "Reality Show" (which I have on red vinyl).

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted July 13, 2008 15:58     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My weapon of choice...

...and because I love vintage audio stuph (though I'm getting off-topic here):

Probably more vinyl pics soon (I like this topic).

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted July 14, 2008 13:24     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AngelRat:
The second MOR album is the only one still missing in my collection. I agree on the first one being the best and I totally love the live album "How High The Moon" which was later rereleased as "Reality Show" (which I have on red vinyl).

How High The Moon, is a great live recording with a killer set list. I had no idea they released under a different title later. Was that just for vinyl or was there a cd rerelease?

I just received my limited white double vinyl of Porcupine Tree - Lightbulb Sun, and also the regular edition on 180 gram black vinyl which sounds incredible.

--------------------

yawn

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted July 14, 2008 15:45     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"How High The Moon" was also rereleased on cd as "Reality Show". It seems to be out of print also. I wonder if it will be rerereleased with yet another title someday.

I can imagine "Lightbulb Sun" sounding great on vinyl, it already sounded great on my regular cd.

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

MeanMrMustard
VoivodFan
Member # 57

posted July 14, 2008 18:42     Profile for MeanMrMustard   Email MeanMrMustard     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm diggin' this thread and lovin' the photos. especially of the ones of the albums that make you cringe. Come on you vinyl collectors...didn't HVs picture of Bang Tango give you the courage to post pictures of your Winger albums (freudian slip )? c'mon, that was awesome! someone (aka Schroed) post a picture of their lamest CDs for comic relief.

Unfortunately, I can't participate. As the little brother in the house growing up, Big Bro' has the entire vinyl collection we had.

by the way, schroed, please tell me you have Fripp's "I Advance Masked" on vinyl. That's a must. Good stuff (with Andy Summers on guitar as well).

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted July 15, 2008 06:38     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I Advanced Mask is cd in my collection.
I'll see what I can do about some pics of imbarassing vinyl, and some pics of really cool vinyl, also, just to even it out.

--------------------

yawn

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted July 15, 2008 15:52     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"I Advanced Masked" in an interesting setting:

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted July 15, 2008 16:21     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hahahahaha!

--------------------

String em up

MeanMrMustard
VoivodFan
Member # 57

posted July 15, 2008 21:42     Profile for MeanMrMustard   Email MeanMrMustard     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've quietly admired your listening tastes over the years AR, but now it's official. You rule. Voivod, Fripp, and a copy of In a Silent Way (Miles) in the background. I think we might be brothers.
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted July 16, 2008 00:17     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
How many vinyl albums do you have, AngelRat? A hundred thousand?

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted July 16, 2008 10:43     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Slaytanic:
How many vinyl albums do you have, AngelRat? A hundred thousand?

Yeah, who has a bigger collection?
Schroeder or AR?

--------------------

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted July 16, 2008 14:54     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
There's only one way to find out...

FIIIIIIIGHT!!!!

--------------------

String em up

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted July 16, 2008 20:02     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
He'd probably win the vinyl battle since a lot of my collection was sold when I was married. A had a couple thousand albums I believe, but now probably down to 400-500 maybe. A bunch of my collection were promos I got while working in a record store for 5 years but tossed a lot of the shit albums away when I moved. Now the collection is made up of the things I have that are worth keeping. The cd collection is probably around 6800-6900, including all the live boots.

--------------------

yawn

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted July 17, 2008 15:55     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MeanMrMustard:
I've quietly admired your listening tastes over the years AR, but now it's official. You rule. Voivod, Fripp, and a copy of In a Silent Way (Miles) in the background. I think we might be brothers.

Heh, thanx man! I think good listening tastes brought all of us here in the first place.

A for my collection, I have about 1200 titles on vinyl (that's 10"s, 12"s, EP's, LP's, double albums, triples, etc.). I never counted my cd's, it might be over 1000 by now, but nearly as much as Schroeder. Though I'm working on it.

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted July 17, 2008 19:33     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Head Villain:
There's only one way to find out...

FIIIIIIIGHT!!!!

Yes!

Fight! Fight! Fight!

--------------------

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted July 26, 2008 15:16     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I used to have several KISS bootlegs like this one...

Anyone of you familiair with the old KISS bootlegs?

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted July 27, 2008 12:29     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
nope, but cool packaging.

--------------------

yawn

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan