my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Vinyl! (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Author Topic: Vinyl!
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted May 29, 2008 21:07     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes! Vinyl!
Celebrate it!

So like... how 'bout you?

|  IP: Logged
Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted May 29, 2008 21:40     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Celebrate!

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted May 29, 2008 22:02     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
omfg is that No Mercy? *AND* Metal for Breakfast? (aaaaand Have a Nice Day? innit a great book? - thanks Meg)

!!!!!!!!!!

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted May 29, 2008 23:28     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ha! That is Have a Nice Day....I have no vinyl to show off, but my compliments on your choice of reading material.

--------------------

ummm.....I got nothin' today :-(

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted May 30, 2008 07:45     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
celebrate!!

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted May 30, 2008 09:20     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It such a good record. Mine's mint (bought it new back in the day) and has the lyrics on the inner sleeve and an order form for ST merch and some skateboard stuff. I'd love to find it on CD one day.

Have A Nice Day rules. I just finished reading Ric Flair's book "To Beat The Man". Fantastic. Highly recommended for wrestling fans. He really lays it all bare - the lies, the assholes, the business...just....wow.

Btw, just to make you all jealous, the Canadian Assault is autographed by Cronos, Mantas and Abaddon.

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted May 30, 2008 11:08     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paul:
celebrate!!

That's f'kin tickled me mate! Cheers!

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted May 30, 2008 13:35     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Funny, I don't see skul as a B-52's type of guy...

No pics, but I do have a bunch of old prog rock/Zappa vinyls somewhere.

CELEBRATE!

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted May 30, 2008 15:22     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Haha, big mullet

--------------------

String em up

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted May 30, 2008 16:51     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nice!

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted May 30, 2008 18:04     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's time you brought back the backcombed mullet, HV. It's just time.

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted May 30, 2008 21:22     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great pics!!!! I'll try to get around to taking a few shots of my vinyl closet, and pc/music room when i get a chance.
I love that NO MERCY record. I haven't spun that in a long time. I need to pull it out and feed it into the computer to make a cdr.

--------------------

yawn

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted May 31, 2008 04:06     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yay. Lp's
A few from back in the 80'z:

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!
- Excellent, then we can attack in any direction!"

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted May 31, 2008 06:32     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
iTunes and torrents have made a lazy man of me. When you put vinyl on and go and sit back down, you have made a commitment to metal.

I miss that.

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted June 01, 2008 18:22     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Vinyl rules and I still buy it whenever and wherever I can. It is better than CD - period. I have the hardware to prove it:

My Linn Sondek LP12/Linn Ittok LVII/Audio Technica AT-OC9 (about £3k of turntable). Tested against my mate's Naim CD-X CD player (about £3k of CD player), with me, him and a few other (non-hifi) people just there for curiosity, having a good listen. Result - LP won hands down and the comment that kept coming out was it sounded like music. The CD, although excellent, just sounded mechanical when compared to the turntable.

And for those that think we, the buying public, chose CD over vinyl - think again. Vinyl was DELIBERATELY phased out because people were resistant to the new media. They also downgraded the quality of the vinyl itself, using polystyrene for a while, and reduced the frequency response of many recordings on vinyl releases, or even completely different mixes which made the CD sound more detailed, in order to skew the public towards CD. Ultimately, they simply stopped releasing on vinyl, which then made the public's mind up for them.

We weren't given the choice. We were given what they wanted us to have. Everyone buying their entire collections again on a new format? you figure it out...

Buy vinyl - the original long playing medium and still the best

--------------------

Hail Santa...

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted June 03, 2008 21:51     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Mirror mirror on the wall, who's got the smallest vinyl collection of'em all???

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted June 03, 2008 23:08     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hehe.. and of course you all got cooler vinyl than I do. Like "I'm done celebrating. This party's over! Get outta my house! I'll throw my Venom records at you."

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted June 04, 2008 01:57     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey, Slaytanic! haver a small collection huh??? Well youve got that one piece of vinyl that is still missing between all the (Voivod) others. Wanna trade it with my double Nothingface one????

--------------------

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted June 04, 2008 10:45     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paul:
Hey, Slaytanic! haver a small collection huh??? Well youve got that one piece of vinyl that is still missing between all the (Voivod) others. Wanna trade it with my double Nothingface one????

Hmmmmmm... *thinks for 0,1 second*

No.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted June 04, 2008 11:36     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KnickerZohnonnof:
Vinyl was DELIBERATELY phased out because people were resistant to the new media. They also downgraded the quality of the vinyl itself, using polystyrene for a while, and reduced the frequency response of many recordings on vinyl releases, or even completely different mixes which made the CD sound more detailed, in order to skew the public towards CD. Ultimately, they simply stopped releasing on vinyl, which then made the public's mind up for them.

I have a theory that they did the same thing with cassettes. Whenever I go to the thrift shop and buy some tapes manufactured in the 90s, they crap out or are of bad quality. Tapes from the 80s still play perfectly well!

Fuck the industry!

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted June 04, 2008 18:33     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
NO MERCY is now recorded from vinyl to my PC as wav files. I should be able to change them to flac and post them somewhere. Not sure if I have enough free space to put it on one of my sites, but I'll keep ya posted.

been a long time since I played that one. Waking The Dead was always my fav from that album.

--------------------

yawn

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted June 04, 2008 22:37     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

I love my vinyl collection and spin one every chance I get to relax. Lots of cool stuff in there too, including the rare first pressing of the first KISS record, without the cover of "Kissin' Time" on it.

Gonna go put on Heathen's "Breaking The Silence" now.

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted June 08, 2008 07:05     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nice topic!! Celebrate

I love vinyl. I'm looking for two VVdiscs, TOL in 3D and Best of

More..

and more...

allmost finished....

done...

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted June 08, 2008 18:07     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey DBC, is that an original SoundHouse Tapes seven inch vinyl, or one of the many bootlegs that exist. I had an original many years ago but had to sell it during tough times when the wife was jobless. We're divorsed now and DAMN I miss owning that record!!!! Nice collection.

My pics will be coming soon... promise.

--------------------

yawn

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted June 09, 2008 02:08     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yep, is tutti originale. Bought it on a vinylmarket and the seller tought it was a copy... Lucky me. I did buy vinyl till the early 90s, because I didn't, and still don't, like CD's. I prefer vinyl and play it even these days very much. Had Holliday in Cambodia from LR, but gif it to a good friend of mine for his birthday. Was some collectable item too. I guess most proud I am on a original Lotus tripple with original poster from Carlos Santana and all Led Zeppelin's in first press version.

I like to look into other's vinylcollections, so bring it on

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan