my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Iron what? (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3

Author Topic: Iron what?
hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted May 26, 2008 02:27     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
MAIDEN! MAIDEN! MAIDEN! MAIDEN! MAIDEN! MAIDEN! MAIDEN! MAIDEN! MAIDEN! MAIDEN! MAIDEN! MAIDEN! MAIDEN! MAIDEN! MAIDEN!

Rime of the Ancient Mariner live is one of the GREATEST THINGS EVER

|  IP: Logged
Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted May 26, 2008 02:40     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Bah, that's still just a cover song. Here's the original vocalist/songwriter/instrumentalist, the godfather of the OWOBHM:

Sadly, no pictures of his band exist today...

...seems you had a blast, eh? Maiden's coming very close to where I live this summer, two more months and I'll see the show. It's fucking 1984 again

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted May 26, 2008 04:05     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm excited about it too. Visit the last gig of the tour in August. I'm hoping for over 20 years to hear "To tame a Land" once live, but "Rime of..." is great too.

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted May 26, 2008 05:52     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yay, got ticket to see them in July too.

--------------------

String em up

KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted May 26, 2008 06:03     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Gonna be seeing them twice in the space of 5 weeks - Twickenham and Wacken. Pity about the support at Twickenham, it's total gash! Lauren Harris, Within Temptation, Avenged Sevenfold. Eeeewwwww, please!

--------------------

Hail Santa...

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted May 26, 2008 06:19     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Aha, wear a silly hat or something so I can single you out

Support could be worse, could be Brucey's son's band on there too. Seen 'em & they were pretty dull.

--------------------

String em up

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted May 26, 2008 11:48     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes, it was awesome. It was a beautiful night and a sold out show! Their stage set wasn't nearly as elaborate as I thought it would be, but the huge Eddie circa Somewhere in Time was pretty cool. I forget what a great song Revelations is, but it rocked. I also wish we could have seen more of Nicko cause he is fucking great, but he was all boxed in by the set. The glimpses of him on the JumboTron were not enough.

Yeah, Lauren Harris was pretty lame. She was too girly for me as she pranced around on stage, plus she doesn't even have a good voice. I think in normal circumstances she would (should) have been booed off the stage but of course she wasn't. Her band was a bunch of old cheesy farts who sucked as well.

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted May 26, 2008 12:09     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
IRON GANG

...erm, and maiden too.

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted May 26, 2008 12:38     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
.... Horse!!

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted May 26, 2008 15:30     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've been overdosing on Maiden for the past couple weeks, reliving the good ole days. Watching of my dvds, and made a 4 disc compliation of all the great songs from the first 9 studio albums thats in constant rotation in my cars cd changer. Hallowed Be Thy Name is one of the greatest metal tunes, or just greatest songs for that matter, ever written. I'm hoping they release a dvd of this tour, although they never did release on from the last nostalgic tour. Unfortunatley I won't be seeing them, but the original Somewhere On Tour performance was my first and only MAIDEN show I've had the pleasure of attending.

--------------------

yawn

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted May 26, 2008 15:37     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
OK, the weirdest thing just happened!!!! Right after making my last post (the one above) my 18 inch Somewhere In Time Eddie fell off the shelf I had him perched on, for no reason what so ever!!!!! I'M SCARED!!!!!

--------------------

yawn

Cthon
Member # 156

posted May 26, 2008 16:16     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
we saw Iron Man this weekend. pretty well done.

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted May 26, 2008 17:23     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Janick needs to die.

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted May 26, 2008 20:46     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BlackCloud:
Janick needs to die.

DIE is a little harsh, but yes, stealing Smith/Murray solos and riffs when the two are still perfectly able is soooo not cool.

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted May 26, 2008 21:50     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
OK, the weirdest thing just happened!!!! Right after making my last post (the one above) my 18 inch Somewhere In Time Eddie fell off the shelf I had him perched on, for no reason what so ever!!!!! I'M SCARED!!!!!

Obviously your cd collection is possessed. Ship it to me and I will exorcise the demons.

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted May 26, 2008 23:07     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:
Obviously your cd collection is possessed. Ship it to me and I will exorcise the demons.

You obviously don't need to believe this charlatan, as such thing as possession doesn't exist.

It's just a stress period. A trip to Brazil will do wonders for it!

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted May 27, 2008 10:44     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hola and good morning!

Yes, truly a great experience. I want to see them again. I agree with the stage set being a bit too many cloth drops and not enough 3D jazziness going on. Hallowed Be Thy Name is killer live too! Slugbutt took a few pics on his camera phone.

And Powerslave was a nice addition. Very happy to see Maiden back in Albuquerque after all these long years.

STEVE FUCKIN HARRIS!

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted May 28, 2008 21:38     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Mez, all 6500+ cds are packed up and headed your way, let me know when you get them and the exorcism is complete so I can pay to have them sent back. Thanks for helping out a friend, you're the best. I'll just listen to my Ipod until you complete the job.

I want a new Maiden studio album. These greatest hits collections are getting ridiculas, but I do understnd it's probably for all the new fans that weren't even born when Somewhere In Time came out!!!

Yeah, Jannick's posing is just way too corny for me. Spinal Tap is looking for a second guitarist.

--------------------

yawn

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted May 29, 2008 12:04     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Väinämöinen:
Bah, that's still just a cover song. Here's the original vocalist/songwriter/instrumentalist, the godfather of the OWOBHM:

Sadly, no pictures of his band exist today...

...seems you had a blast, eh? Maiden's coming very close to where I live this summer, two more months and I'll see the show. It's fucking 1984 again

OWOBHM...hahaha! Yes, it was just like old times, only I really stopped listening to Maiden after Somewhere In Time, so the "newer" stuff wasn't as exciting for me personally.

I do on-line surveys and the two questions that are always paired are, "How many televison news shows have you watched in the last 30 days?" and "On how many occasions have you done rigorous exercise in the last 30 days?".....I think this month I can honestly answer "1" to the second question!!

Oh, and I sometimes feel a bit embarassed about how much I "bang my head" while others around me are just standing (or sitting!), then I think, "Fuck you! I paid over $80 for this show and I'm gonna rock!!"

By the way, I told my 1 1/2 year old daughter to bang her head and she proceeded to pound her little fists against her little noggin! Schweeeet!

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted May 29, 2008 15:54     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hypergrrl:
By the way, I told my 1 1/2 year old daughter to bang her head and she proceeded to pound her little fists against her little noggin! Schweeeet!

Hahaha... Wait until she drives with you in the car and say: "hey mom is this Voivod that i'm hearing right now??"

My sons (8 and 10 years old can tell the difference between Voivod, Opeth, Meshuggah and Slayahhh). Really funny.

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted May 29, 2008 23:07     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't care how old I get, if the music makes me wanna bang my head I'm fuckin doing it also, and if the music makes me wanna shake my white ass, I'm shakin my white ass. All the other lame fuckers standing around with their arms crossed staring at the stage can just give me little more room or deal with my hair flying around and my butt movin'.

--------------------

yawn

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted May 30, 2008 09:24     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My road trip to Maiden is in just over a week and I'm giddy as hell over it. Hoping to win Heaven Can Wait through the Fan Club, or First To The Barrier. Either would be sweet.
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted May 30, 2008 10:45     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Enjoy yourself vampire. Mr. slugbutt is on a train to LA to see them AGAIN!

Truly a great band and they fuckin' rock the house. Unreal how much energy Bruce Dickinson has. He's the MAN!

Oh yeah...and STEVE FUCKIN' HARRIS!

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted May 30, 2008 13:40     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
All the other lame fuckers standing around with their arms crossed staring at the stage

I'm kind of a lame-fucker-standing-around-with-my-arms-crossed-staring-at-the-stage-kinda-guy, because I PAID 80$ FOR A FUCKING TICKET SO I WANT TO ACTUALLY WATCH THEM GO WIDDLY-DIDDLY ON THEIR INSTRUMENTS! AND I DIDN'T WATCH MY FRIENDS DIE FACE DOWN IN THE MUD SO I COULD ENJOY

Wait, sorry, wrong rant. I never actually went to Viet-Nam.

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted June 02, 2008 02:58     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
3 Maiden shows in one week......

ouch!

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan