my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » VOIVOD Singer's PARANOLAND Project Schedules First Live Dates

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: VOIVOD Singer's PARANOLAND Project Schedules First Live Dates
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted May 20, 2008 12:03     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
PARANOLAND, the Montreal, Quebec, Canada-based band featuring vocalist Denis "Snake" Belanger (VOIVOD) and longtime friend, bassist Botcher (AGGRESSION), alongside guitarist Frank Legendre (GROOVY AARDVARK), drummer Matt and guitarist/programmer Fire Lewis, has scheduled the following dates:

May 31 - Bar le Syndrome - Montreal, Quebec
Jun. 14 - Cafe Chaos - Montreal, Quebec

Experimenting with modern sounds and samples over knockout riffs and twisted arrangements, PARANOLAND's first three songs — "Paranoland", "Leave U" and "Farewell" — are available for streaming on the band's MySpace page. The tracks were produced by Glen Robinson (VOIVOD, GWAR, ANNIHILATOR), who is also working on the band's full-length debut, tentatively due before the end of the year.

VOIVOD, whose last performance took place on July 30, 2003 in Florida during that summer's Ozzfest tour, will make its trimphant return to the stage on June 22, 2008 as part of the Heavy MTL festival in Montreal. The group will by joined by original bass player Jean-Yves Theriault ('Blacky') for the first time in 17 years. Dan Mongrain from the Quebec band MARTYR, a good friend of the band, will play guitar. Songs from the early catalogue will be the focus for the Heavy MTL set and the July 26, 2008 appearance in Calgary for the Monsters Of Rock festival.

As previously reported, VOIVOD will enter the studio this spring to record its final album using songs left behind by founding guitarist Denis "Piggy" D'Amour, who died in August 2005 from colon cancer.

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

|  IP: Logged
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted May 20, 2008 12:31     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That's pretty cool.
Hopefully there's gonna be more dates, 'cuz unfortunately I might be forced to skip these ones (other commitments and shit).

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted May 20, 2008 19:57     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
NICE!!!! I've constantly playing the 3 Paranoland songs on my Ipod. I'm dying for a full blown album.

--------------------

yawn

Syl Disjonk
VoivodFan
Member # 148

posted May 20, 2008 20:59     Profile for Syl Disjonk   Email Syl Disjonk     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'll be there for sure!

I've got the chance to have seen a PARANOLAND rehearsal and I can tell you that it will seriously kick in a live situation.

The song writing is STRONG, it's catchy and really diverse... I can't wait for the show and the record to be out.

--------------------

Remembered in space....
to the DEATH...... et à l'INFINI
www.disjonk.com
Ethereal Chrysalis

VOIVOD tribute video We Are Connected

VOIVOD: Kluskap O' Kom music video

ETHEREAL CHRYSALIS - Lovecraftian fantastic short film directed by Syl Disjonk

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted May 21, 2008 07:05     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Get them on the Heavy MTL bill!
Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted May 21, 2008 09:18     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Paranoland is great stuff!
Syl Disjonk
VoivodFan
Member # 148

posted May 31, 2008 15:00     Profile for Syl Disjonk   Email Syl Disjonk     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Tonight is the night !

--------------------

Remembered in space....
www.disjonk.com
Ethereal Chrysalis

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted June 01, 2008 21:48     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Syl, I expect a full report on how great Paranoland were live.

--------------------

yawn

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted June 04, 2008 11:32     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh, yeah, june 4th, and Syl overslept...
Syl Disjonk
VoivodFan
Member # 148

posted June 07, 2008 20:12     Profile for Syl Disjonk   Email Syl Disjonk     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey I'm just waking up from my trip into the Paranoland.

Let's just say that it was a killer show!
Super tight band with a lot of stage presence. Super good set with many different twist from rock to metal and weirder stuff.
So the ice is broken into tiny piece to say the least.

I have made some scratch videos that played along the band for a few songs. I still can't believed I got involved into this.

It was Away birthday that night so happy belated birthday to you Michel. I still wonder how I managed to miss him in that not so big bar.

I went to the after party at Fire Lewis (guitar player) place and as Lemmy would say it was just one big blur. I even forgot to ask Snake in what order VOIVOD will play at heavy-mtl.

Next show will be at the Cafe Chaos on june 14th!

--------------------

Remembered in space....
www.disjonk.com
Ethereal Chrysalis

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted June 09, 2008 11:11     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
haha...it was all a big blur. Just as it should be.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Syl Disjonk
VoivodFan
Member # 148

posted June 17, 2008 15:15     Profile for Syl Disjonk   Email Syl Disjonk     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey just a quick word to say that the show at the Café Chaos was a blast!
The sound was not as good as the show at the Syndrome but the overall groove of the night was better, it was more a party and the band seems to have a lot of fun .. it just rocked!

On boit du café pis c'est le chaos....

--------------------

Remembered in space....
www.disjonk.com
Ethereal Chrysalis

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted June 18, 2008 10:25     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
yeah, the compressor on the sound system was really killing things but the band was super energetic, and totally rocked out.
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted June 18, 2008 14:04     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
He, I wonder how many people do come to those shows? Did they sell any t-shirts at the show or maybe other goodies?

--------------------

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted July 07, 2008 17:59     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This is great, when do we get an album?

--------------------

String em up

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted February 10, 2009 20:02     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Im fuckin dyin here !!! any word of a full release ?
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted February 11, 2009 18:01     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
seems like Voivod's a bit too busy lately for Snake to work with the Paranoland project. I still enjoy the 3 songs they've released but would kill for a full lenngth album of material.

--------------------

yawn

Syl Disjonk
VoivodFan
Member # 148

posted February 18, 2009 12:51     Profile for Syl Disjonk   Email Syl Disjonk     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
As far as I know Paranoland is on the ice. I heard other songs and it was strong material for sure.

--------------------

Remembered in space....
www.disjonk.com
Ethereal Chrysalis

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan