my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Metallica have lost it?? (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 

Author Topic: Metallica have lost it??
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted May 13, 2008 21:26     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:
http://metalinjection.net/2008/05/12/new-metallica-may-not-sound-so-shitty-after-all

That link led me to an even more bizarre one:

http://www.metalinjection.net/tv/view/661/madonna-covers-pantera---a-new-level

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

|  IP: Logged
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted May 16, 2008 05:55     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BlackCloud:

Next and most importantly: Lars quits.

(or at least he stops hitting cymbals with his snare vs. hitting cymbals with his kick like a fucking normal drummer would!!!)

..and that "sonar-ping" of a snare is finally "KILLED" as well!!!

Then...maybe, "MAYBE" it might sound halfway decent!

Nope. (probably not)

HAAA!

I couldn't agree more!
That was great statement. Thanx for making my day.

Cthon
Member # 156

posted May 16, 2008 22:16     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Slaytanic:
That link led me to an even more bizarre one:

http://www.metalinjection.net/tv/view/661/madonna-covers-pantera---a-new-level

hahaha, thats pretty cool. its actually not that far-fetched, tho. Madonna's guitar instructor is Monte Pittman (new bassist/ guitarist for Prong), who grew up not far from Dallas, home to Pantera. he also taught my sister bass theory back when she went to his music school...

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted May 24, 2008 21:50     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes! I had forgotten about that Prong connection. That explains it all, thanks for the reminder.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted May 26, 2008 06:21     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Judging by the posts it seems that Metallica still matter, just in different ways to different people.

Me? I just wish we could forget all material by Metallica since about 1992, when the travesty that was called the black album was foisted upon us. As Napalm Death would put it - mass appeal madness. Or maybe cock rock alienation. Yeah, go for the second...

St Anger wasn't exactly a great album but at least they stopped making utter dirge like load, probably the most unlistenable Metallica album ever. The trouble was they had been making stadium (cock) rock for so long they forgot how to make the music that made them so vital to the metal scene in the first place. St Anger is proof of that - at times it's so amateurish if it was any other band it would have been laughed at.

The video doesn't really tell you much. It's almost like one of those movie clips where all the best bits are shown in a 2 or 3 minute advert which gets you thnking it might actually be worth a look, yet when you actually see the film those small good looking clips are padded out with around 90 additional minutes of utter banality.

I think I'll pass judgement when I actually hear a whole track.

--------------------

Hail Santa...

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted June 01, 2008 16:23     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I am going to use this thread for a little concert review. Well Metallica played Pinkpop this weekend on fridaynight. The wors was out that the total costs for the pinkpop festival last year was €2.5 million and this year because of Metallica €4 million! Anyone with a calculator can tell what they ask for a concertappearance!

But they played the setlist underneath and although only one hour of it was on the television yesterday I can tell you that the whole band DID NOT MISS A SINGLE NOTE!!! They were so tight you wouldn't believe it. So I say they do matter and in fact they are the best metalband around. IMO. WHen they played Ride The Lightening a huge weatherfront with thunder and lightening struck our neighbourhood. this was kinda spooky. Too bad I wasn't there but I already had seen them 8 times or so and didn't want to drive 200 km to see them. Ok now you can all go back to whatever you were doing...

01. Creeping Death
02. For Whom The Bell Tolls
03. Ride The Lightning
04. The Four Horsemen
05. Bleeding Me
06. ...And Justice For All
07. Devil's Dance
08. The Memory Remains
09. Fade To Black
10. Master Of Puppets
11. Whiplash
--------------
12. Nothing Else Matters
13. Sad But True
14. One
15. Enter Sandman
-------------------
16. Last Caress
17. So What
18. Seek And Destroy

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan