my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » DISTURBED, VOIVOD Confirmed For Montreal's HEAVY MTL Festival (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: DISTURBED, VOIVOD Confirmed For Montreal's HEAVY MTL Festival
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted April 28, 2008 12:48     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You, lucky lucky bastards......

DISTURBED, VOIVOD and REV THEORY have been confirmed for Heavy Mtl, a unique event in North America, which will take place on Saturday, June 21 and Sunday, June 22 at Parc Jean-Drapeau.

Loud, intense, heavy, Heavy Mtl will feature over 30 hard rock and metal bands performing on different stages located outdoors on the breathtaking site that is the Saint-Hélène Island.

Heavy Mtl festival billing:

Saturday, June 21:

IRON MAIDEN
DETHKLOK
TYPE O NEGATIVE
MASTODON
HAMMERFALL
HATEBREED
OVERKILL
3 INCHES OF BLOOD
SYMPHONY X
UNEXPECT
LAUREN HARRIS

Sunday, June 22:

MÖTLEY CRÜE
DISTURBED
VOIVOD
REV THEORY
THREE DAYS GRACE
ANTHRAX
SHADOWS FALL
DROWNING POOL
PRIESTESS

To launch this premier new metal event, the organizes have announced that they are bringing metal legends IRON MAIDEN and their "Somewhere Back in Time Tour World Tour" to Montreal for the opening day, Saturday, June 21. "Maiden Mania" has been gripping countries around the planet as tickets for the tour fly out of box offices everywhere. In Canada alone the major arena in Toronto sold out three months in advance and recently it took just a couple of days for MAIDEN to sell out all 60,000 tickets for their five shows in Western Canadian arenas! And Heavy Mtl now gives metal fans in Eastern Canada a chance to see this inspirational band and spectacular show outdoors in a wonderful setting.

For more information, visit www.heavymtl.com.

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

|  IP: Logged
SpeeDDemoN
VoivodFan
Member # 669

posted April 28, 2008 12:52     Profile for SpeeDDemoN   Email SpeeDDemoN     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Im so there !! theres alot of crappy bands at the fest...but its worth going to both days for the 3-4 cool bands playing !!

--------------------

only flowers remain...flowers to step on...flowers to burn...

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted April 28, 2008 13:12     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You jammy bastards.

--------------------

String em up

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted April 28, 2008 20:12     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Motley Crue Headlines!!!! Give me a fucking break. Disturbed next to last over VOIVOD and Anthrax is sixth from the headliner... what the fuck. It's in Canada and the best Canadian Metal band doesn't get the headlining spot?

I'm just sayin'

--------------------

yawn

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted April 28, 2008 23:14     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey look on the bright side... at least Lauren Harris is bottom of the bill.

--------------------

String em up

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted April 30, 2008 13:45     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
So... if I happened to find my puny ginger arse in Montreal this June, how many of you vvf's are going?
Syl Disjonk
VoivodFan
Member # 148

posted April 30, 2008 13:52     Profile for Syl Disjonk   Email Syl Disjonk     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm going both night, I will be there sunday for VOIVOD! Anybody knows who's gonna play guitar for them?

It's kind of stupid because I crossed Away on the street last week and didn't ask that question.

Maybe he will answer this on the radio show next friday.

I'll be glad to have a couple of drinks with people on this board!

--------------------

Remembered in space....
to the DEATH...... et à l'INFINI
www.disjonk.com
Ethereal Chrysalis

VOIVOD tribute video We Are Connected

VOIVOD: Kluskap O' Kom music video

ETHEREAL CHRYSALIS - Lovecraftian fantastic short film directed by Syl Disjonk

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted April 30, 2008 14:07     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's pretty much a given that i'll be around.
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted April 30, 2008 14:29     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yep, I'll be there.......

--------------------

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted April 30, 2008 14:38     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by h:
So... if I happened to find my puny ginger arse in Montreal this June, how many of you vvf's are going?

i'm going. i wouldn't want to miss this.

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted April 30, 2008 16:32     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
So it's going to be Dan Mongrain on guitar and Blacky on bass for these? Cooool. If Blabbermouth can be trusted of course.

--------------------

ummm.....I got nothin' today :-(

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted April 30, 2008 18:23     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Good news indeed.

--------------------

String em up

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted April 30, 2008 18:34     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Old news already.. heh heh.

Glad to see it finally announced, tho. It was killiiiiiing meeeeeeeeeee. (a little).

Goddammit... I CANT WAIT!!!

Cthon
Member # 156

posted April 30, 2008 19:06     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
im just as jealous as all the euro-folks, haha. as i wont be making this sure-to-be awesome show, either...

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted April 30, 2008 19:23     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've also put the news on the index page. Yep. It's big news!!

I'll try to take a bunch of pictures and stuff for those who can't attend.

Syl Disjonk
VoivodFan
Member # 148

posted April 30, 2008 19:32     Profile for Syl Disjonk   Email Syl Disjonk     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've just learn it this afternoon, talk about a killer line-up!!!!

--------------------

Remembered in space....
to the DEATH...... et à l'INFINI
www.disjonk.com
Ethereal Chrysalis

VOIVOD tribute video We Are Connected

VOIVOD: Kluskap O' Kom music video

ETHEREAL CHRYSALIS - Lovecraftian fantastic short film directed by Syl Disjonk

piggysMYgod
VoivodFan
Member # 158

posted April 30, 2008 23:32     Profile for piggysMYgod   Email piggysMYgod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I just bought my tickets for the calgary show!..
I ve been saying that one of big regrets is not ever seeing voivod play, and now i will , it's too bad theres no piggy but i'm sure it will be great...R.I.P piggy!

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted May 01, 2008 05:17     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"Songs from the early catalogue will be the focus for these short festival sets"

DROOL :-)

--------------------

SpeeDDemoN
VoivodFan
Member # 669

posted May 01, 2008 12:46     Profile for SpeeDDemoN   Email SpeeDDemoN     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
this show is gonna kick major arses !!! us vvf should meet up for a drink before the gig !

--------------------

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted May 01, 2008 15:09     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SpeeDDemoN:
Us vvf should meet up for a drink before the gig !

Before, during, and AFTER the gig!
(Green and leafy substances also encouraged)

Cthon
Member # 156

posted May 01, 2008 17:33     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=115

wow, its already on metal-archives, haha...

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted May 01, 2008 21:55     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think it's odd that they would do these shows so low key. Not even close to a headlining spot. I always thought it would be more fitting to do a headliner (most likely somewhere in Quebec) with all sorts of guests on guitar and maybe have JY, Eric and Jason on bass throughout the set. Shoot it for a DVD for maybe DVOD-3. I think they should be closer to the top spot on the bill on both the Calgary and Mtl shows. I'm not just saying that as a fan, but I think the band rightly deserves it simply due to their legacy. But, it's not up to me so I'll just shut up.
SpeeDDemoN
VoivodFan
Member # 669

posted May 02, 2008 07:57     Profile for SpeeDDemoN   Email SpeeDDemoN     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
(Green and leafy substances also encouraged)

Im with you on that old friend !!! were gonna smoke a fucking <<barreau dchaise>> if you catch my drift

--------------------

Anyway
VoivodFan
Member # 594

posted May 02, 2008 22:21     Profile for Anyway   Email Anyway     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I agree!
Je seconde!

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted May 09, 2008 09:29     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Looks like I may have landed myself with a ticket, and the flights are looking reasonable...

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan