my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » OPETH - WATERSHED

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: OPETH - WATERSHED
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted April 18, 2008 17:50     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The new OPETH masterpiece (my assumption) comes out soon and THE END has some great package deals with autographs, posters, vinyl, cd, exclusive tracks... I of course grabbed the big package with everything (only $41).

Lasse Hoile worked with OPETH on a video for the new album. Lasse is responsible for most of the visuals for Porcupine Tree and has a great style that should make for an amazing Opeth video.

Lots of great music being released.

--------------------

yawn

|  IP: Logged
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted April 19, 2008 02:21     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I will be amongst the very first downloaders (eeehhhh, I mean buyers)

Opeth Kicks ass. Still Life, great album. Canplay this one for 10 times in a row!

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted April 19, 2008 18:48     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I still have to get the new remastered Still Life with the 5.1 surround mix. That should be amazing.

--------------------

yawn

nunoPT
VoivodFan
Member # 379

posted April 21, 2008 19:59     Profile for nunoPT   Email nunoPT     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
h**p://rs242.rapidshare.com/files/108503757/Watershed__2_tracks__By_Melro.rar

Mods if it cant be here remove it.

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted April 22, 2008 13:58     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
He thanks Nuno. Listening to it right now!!!

--------------------

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted April 22, 2008 16:19     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's only two songs that are available at Roadrunner's website anyway, so I dont see a problem.
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted April 23, 2008 16:08     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Video clip vor Porcelein Heart:

P H

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted April 23, 2008 22:27     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm liking what I've heard already. Cool video also, very atmospheric and gothic, very fitting. Another epic is ablout to destroy the world.

--------------------

yawn

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted April 27, 2008 02:28     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The album has leaked already. I heard it only once, sounded just more of the same to me, which is not necessarily a bad thing. It's got all of the cookie monster/clean vocals, heavy and atmospheric parts, blah blah blah, that they are famous for.

Maybe I'm just used to them at this point, but this album just didn't do it for me like older ones did (especially "Blackwater Park" and "Ghost Reveries").

Gonna listen to it during the week, who knows, maybe it's a "grower".

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted April 27, 2008 17:48     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I thought some of the stuff sounded a bit jazzier than what they've done in the past. I can easily understand why you're used to their sound by now, Slatanic. As original as they usually sound after so many album of that style it starts to sound the same, unless they do something completely unexpected. So like you said, it's not necessarily a bad thing, just nothing totally different from what you expected from Opeth. The stuff I heard seems to fall somewhere in between Damnation and Ghost Reveries, which is cool by me.
Can't wait to get my official package of goodies. Really looking forward to hearing the 3 cover tunes.

--------------------

yawn

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted April 27, 2008 23:08     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes, I think you have a point, Schroeder. That's exactly what I thought, by now Opeth has their estabilished style and has no reason to completely change it out of the blue, thank dog.

I'm also looking for the official release.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted April 28, 2008 17:09     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm no Opeth expert but I thought 'Porcelain Heart' was a bit different from previous works...I really like that song.
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted April 29, 2008 12:50     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I am listening to it right now.....

First 2 songs were indeed killer! I do not understand why a band brings out first the best 2 songs that are on the album. I really have to listen to this one a lot of times before I really like it. There a lots of clean parts and vocals. I am more of a Deliverance-Opeth-fan. I think this is what they call progressive? Porcupine Tree comes to mind when I listen to some songs. Not the best Opeth album by far is my opinion in this moment. Hopefully it is a grower.

great songs:
Porcelein Heart
Heir Aparent
The Lotus Eater
Hessian Peel

not so great songs:
Hex Omega
Coil (oh my dog....)
Burden

--------------------

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted April 29, 2008 14:06     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've been listening to it for 5 days now and, as usual with Opefff, some of it is brillant and some of it I can't quite wrap my head around.

Overall, though, it's solid. I like it.

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted April 30, 2008 04:02     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm into it. Think 'Heir Apparent' is the standout track so far.
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted April 30, 2008 11:39     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by h:
Think 'Heir Apparent' is the standout track so far.

Yes, so do I. It's indeed a solid album.

--------------------

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted April 30, 2008 11:43     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The first seconds of Heir Apparent smells Voivod ala Phobos a mile away

The new album has a more evil feel i think. And evil is good when it comes to music...

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!
- Excellent, then we can attack in any direction!"

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted May 01, 2008 21:50     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Mine's on its way in the mail. Can't wait to listen to it. I haven't listened to any of the leaked stuff yet, and I'm doing that on purpose. I usually do check out the leaked stuff and then end up buying it anyway, but this time I want it to be different. I just want the CD to show up in the post one day and it will be a wicked surprise for me.
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted May 02, 2008 21:51     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Where's my box of OPETH from The End? I want it NOW!!!!
From Paul's description, this might end up being my favorite Opeth album.

--------------------

yawn

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted May 05, 2008 12:25     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by vroomfondel:
[QB]The first seconds of Heir Apparent smells Voivod ala Phobos a mile away

[QB]

Yeah, just what I thought. Overall I like the album a lot. Just could have left Coil and Burden away and substituted with some heavier tunes.

--------------------

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted June 11, 2008 17:29     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Lovin the new disk! the bonus trax are great as well. off to the gym with mp3 player in hand! diggin the Lotus Eater! fukin rad!

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted June 11, 2008 17:33     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This is my favourite Opeth one so far. Very niiiice.

--------------------

String em up

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted June 11, 2008 19:44     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I dunno about favorites. I might still prefer Still Life. Love this album though. I hear something different every time I play it.

--------------------

ummm.....I got nothin' today :-(

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted June 12, 2008 14:17     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have only just now received the new OPETH.
Currently on track 2.

This is some of the best writing and musicianship out there. Incredible!

Just had an odd thought...

What if INFERNO from Behemoth were on the Drums with this? The things he would do would be amazing.
I only say that because AXE (Axenrot) makes me think of Inferno with some of the amazing things he is doing.
What a great drummer he is.

Anyways...Now track 3 and still blown away.

Cheers!

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan