my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » TOM GABRIEL FISCHER Quits CELTIC FROST (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3

Author Topic: TOM GABRIEL FISCHER Quits CELTIC FROST
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted April 12, 2008 15:11     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

|  IP: Logged
DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted April 12, 2008 16:07     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paul:
Oh, yeah!! saw them on the "Cold Lake" tour
with LAAZ ROCKIT CRIMSON GLORY METAL CHURCH ANTHRAX METALLICA. This was in feb-87. Metallica did the MOP tour with Cliff Burton. Now that was a day out!! It was so crowded there wasn't a place to just sit down on your ass!

After that I saw them on their second show in Belgium after Monotheist came out and after that with Kreator in 2007, I was supposed to see them again this month. But I recon this isn't going to happen anymore.......

Uhmm....., Cold Lake?? How drunk was Paultje that time?

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted April 13, 2008 01:21     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
boooo! that's lame news. I was just gettin over their goofy poses from the 80's! damn! First the Fat Boys break up, now this!

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted April 13, 2008 10:15     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DBC:
Uhmm....., Cold Lake?? How drunk was Paultje that time?

Not at all, i was 20 ears of age and not that much of a drinker... It was worse at the other 2 occasions. Both Celtic Frost concerts i was pretty far gone...

--------------------

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted April 13, 2008 14:48     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I remember those two venues with you, I remember Second time I had a good drink too

But I meanth Cold Lake tour on the Aardschokdag '87?

--------------------

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted April 13, 2008 14:51     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Double post...

--------------------

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted April 13, 2008 17:04     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Aw, saw them on the Cold Lake tour too, with Destruction over here.
I think Amberg was the drunkest person there though haha!

--------------------

String em up

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted April 14, 2008 06:06     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Head Villain:
Aw, saw them on the Cold Lake tour too, with Destruction over here.
I think Amberg was the drunkest person there though haha!

I always figured that his guitarplaying wasn't in the style of Celtic Frost at all.

--------------------

nunoPT
VoivodFan
Member # 379

posted April 15, 2008 06:05     Profile for nunoPT   Email nunoPT     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

WTF Voivod Celtic Frost and now what am i supposed to listen?! Cathedral Opeth Slayah

fuck this *very pissed*

sorry guys my english isnt good enough to undestand Tom's one, but what is writen above means that at least can we expect le dernier album of CF or anything at all?

"My friendship with and respect for Martin Eric Ain [bass] remain unaffected. Moreover, I am in the process of assessing my options to eventually complete, record, and release some of the ideas I originally created for CELTIC FROST and the planned next album in the course of the past few years, and to take our distinctive music out on the road again."

????what?yes?no????
please can somenone translate in few words to simple english for the masses.
thanks

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted April 15, 2008 08:27     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nunoPT:

"My friendship with and respect for Martin Eric Ain [bass] remain unaffected. Moreover, I am in the process of assessing my options to eventually complete, record, and release some of the ideas I originally created for CELTIC FROST and the planned next album in the course of the past few years, and to take our distinctive music out on the road again."

He just means that he'll take his new CF material and use it for a completely new band. I think. heh.

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted May 21, 2008 14:23     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm happy to find this on the net
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=380758931

It's great news imo

--------------------

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted May 21, 2008 14:46     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
I'm happy to find this on the net
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=380758931

It's great news imo

Yeah did you hear the new "song"???
I think it is kinda nice. Not metal at all but we'll see. I will follow this!!

--------------------

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted May 22, 2008 04:52     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's a good start

--------------------

String em up

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted May 23, 2008 06:30     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paul:
Yeah did you hear the new "song"???
I think it is kinda nice. Not metal at all but we'll see. I will follow this!!

Yep. My first impression was Totengott, but after a few listens not anymore. I really hope he goes on with the heaviness from Monotheist, because I think it sounds awsome.

Maybe we can drink some beers again at a Tryptikon gig

--------------------

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted May 23, 2008 06:37     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:

Maybe we can drink some beers again at a Tryptikon gig

HELL YEAH!!!

--------------------

KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted May 26, 2008 06:26     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hmm, interesting. Let's see where this goes. Glad that Tom's getting on with it

--------------------

Hail Santa...

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted May 29, 2008 04:42     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Little update on http://www.myspace.com/triptykonofficial

Line up:

Tom Gabriel Fischer
Reed St.Mark
V.Santura
Vanja Slay

Damn, I'm getting really excited about this

--------------------

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted May 29, 2008 05:12     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Excellent news!! Can't wait to hear some more.

--------------------

String em up

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted May 29, 2008 06:12     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Little update on http://www.myspace.com/triptykonofficial

Line up:

Tom Gabriel Fischer
Reed St.Mark
V.Santura
Vanja Slay

Damn, I'm getting really excited about this

GOOD LORD...........
this made my day.

Long live TOM

--------------------

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted June 03, 2008 06:30     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What about this news?

quote:
The Hellhammer book is in the layout stage, and I will travel to Berlin in a couple of weeks to monitor the progress. It should see publication in 2009, but the exact date is dependent on the publishing house's release schedule. Once the contracts for publication will be signed, I will have no influence as to such date.

The re-written and much expanded version of "Are You Morbid?" will also be published, although it is impossible right now to say when. I am currently focused on organizing the structure around Triptykon, and have thus not written much lately. The book will now also detail the last months of Celtic Frost, however.

As for the projected Celtic Frost live DVD, I will try and realize this ambitious and very special project with Triptykon at some point. I formed Triptykon to be able to continue to play Celtic Frost's music onstage, after all, and Triptykon's new music constitutes the material I created for the next Celtic Frost album.

Everything else will remain unfinished business. I cannot imagine at this time that I might agree to the release of any unreleased Celtic Frost material, be it visual or aural, which might serve to prolong the 15 minutes of fame one of the group's members gained on the back of my music.

Tom Gabriel Fischer, Zurich, Switzerland

and thisone:

quote:
Tuesday, June 03, 2008
Such As You Are

It is, apparently, the nature of my personality and my career. I have lived a life in which I have frequently and always voluntarily accepted risks to my art, my existence, and my financial security. I have exposed myself uncounted times and very publicly, and I have never hesitated making controversial decisions. It has always been this course of action which has defined me and my path as well as my music. At the same time, this approach has often made me fail miserably, and my audaciousness has led me to make plenty of mistakes, some of them very serious ones.

And yet, the biggest mistake I have ever made in my life was to agree to Martin Eric Ain's proposal to add that one member to the line-up of the reformed Celtic Frost, in late 2002. Regardless of the urgency of the situation then, and in spite of the enormous difficulties we encountered in finding an adequate drummer in Switzerland, it is a mistake I will never forgive myself for, until the day I die. Particularly so, since I subconsciously sensed this even within the first week of rehearsals.

His litanies continue verbally and in writing, even as Celtic Frost no longer exists. They have affected friends, musicians, fans, as well as Celtic Frost's band and crew members, who have all become an involuntary, awkward audience. Even notwithstanding my own very clear opinion regarding the above, it is a disgrace and an immense display of disrespect towards the history of Celtic Frost and the sentiments of the group's dedicated friends and fans. It is a betrayal of what we agreed to as the group disintegrated. It is a descent into the muck utterly inappropriate for Celtic Frost, even in death.
Posted by Warrior at 3:43 AM

--------------------

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted June 04, 2008 06:02     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
And the saga continues.........

Former CELTIC FROST Mainman: 'The Biggest Mistake I Have Ever Made In My Life' - June 3, 2008

Former CELTIC FROST frontman Tom Gabriel Fischer has posted the following update on his blog:

"It is, apparently, the nature of my personality and my career. I have lived a life in which I have frequently and always voluntarily accepted risks to my art, my existence, and my financial security. I have exposed myself uncounted times and very publicly, and I have never hesitated making controversial decisions. It has always been this course of action which has defined me and my path as well as my music. At the same time, this approach has often made me fail miserably, and my audaciousness has led me to make plenty of mistakes, some of them very serious ones.

"And yet, the biggest mistake I have ever made in my life was to agree to Martin Eric Ain's proposal to add that one member to the line-up of the reformed CELTIC FROST, in late 2002. Regardless of the urgency of the situation then, and in spite of the enormous difficulties we encountered in finding an adequate drummer in Switzerland, it is a mistake I will never forgive myself for, until the day I die. Particularly so, since I subconsciously sensed it was a mistake even within the first week of rehearsals.

"His litanies continue verbally and in writing, even as CELTIC FROST no longer exists. They have affected friends, musicians, fans, as well as CELTIC FROST's band and crew members, who have all become an involuntary, awkward audience. Even notwithstanding my own very clear opinion regarding the above, it is a disgrace and an immense display of disrespect towards the history of CELTIC FROST and the sentiments of the group's dedicated friends and fans. It is a betrayal of what we agreed to as the group disintegrated. It is a descent into the muck utterly inappropriate for CELTIC FROST, even in death."

--------------------

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted June 04, 2008 10:45     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sheesh...so fuckin' dramatic Mr. Warrior!

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted June 05, 2008 02:37     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I guess his music sounds so great, because his such a dramatic and bitter person

--------------------

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted June 05, 2008 17:45     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Why do I think of The Bold and The Beautiful every time I read that stuff?

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted June 05, 2008 17:50     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Quite intense, that Mr.Warrior person.

It's funny too because I was hanging outside this afternoon at work and someone asked me if I knew Celtic Frost. That was cool.

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan