my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » TOM GABRIEL FISCHER Quits CELTIC FROST (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3

Author Topic: TOM GABRIEL FISCHER Quits CELTIC FROST
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted April 09, 2008 14:17     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
On BBM today:

Swiss avant-garde/metal pioneers CELTIC FROST have released the following statement via their official web site:

"CELTIC FROST singer and guitarist Tom Gabriel Fischer has left CELTIC FROST due to the irresolvable, severe erosion of the personal basis so urgently required to collaborate within a band so unique, volatile, and ambitious."

It was reported earlier in the year that CELTIC FROST was putting together an album tentatively titled "Monotheist Companion" that will feature unreleased songs from 2006's "Monotheist" sessions and rearrangements of tracks from the album. The disc is tentatively due in the summer.

A video interview with a slightly agitated Tom Gabriel Fischer which originally appeared on the "Xtreme Soundscapes Vol. VI" DVD (web site) has been posted on YouTube.

This really sucks. the 2 bands that i haved loved the most for all my life, Voivod and Celtic Frost are dead now, imo.........

But theat was going to happen eventually. I was just hoping for some more Frost and a tour.........

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

|  IP: Logged
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted April 09, 2008 14:20     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Is anyone really surprised tho? The man has issues.

With that said, this totally fucking sucks.

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted April 09, 2008 14:57     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That is really shit news.

--------------------

String em up

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted April 09, 2008 16:04     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
At least they were together long enough to create 'Monotheist'. Still this sucks.

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted April 09, 2008 19:20     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This absolutely sucks. I've been a fan for 20 years & out of all their albums, Monotheist is my favourite. I'm sure the follow-up album would have been equally as good. Gutted.

--------------------

String em up

Syl Disjonk
VoivodFan
Member # 148

posted April 09, 2008 21:08     Profile for Syl Disjonk   Email Syl Disjonk     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
WTF...
Tom seems to have serious issues...

--------------------

Remembered in space....
to the DEATH...... et à l'INFINI
www.disjonk.com
Ethereal Chrysalis

VOIVOD tribute video We Are Connected

VOIVOD: Kluskap O' Kom music video

ETHEREAL CHRYSALIS - Lovecraftian fantastic short film directed by Syl Disjonk

SpeeDDemoN
VoivodFan
Member # 669

posted April 09, 2008 21:28     Profile for SpeeDDemoN   Email SpeeDDemoN     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
wtf ??? warrior leaves Celtic frost ?
does that mean celtic frost will go on ?
without warrior there is no frost

this fucking sucks

--------------------

only flowers remain...flowers to step on...flowers to burn...

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted April 09, 2008 23:11     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SpeeDDemoN:
wtf ??? warrior leaves Celtic frost ?
does that mean celtic frost will go on ?
without warrior there is no frost

Exactly what I thought.

This sucks. Speak about timing, I have just finished reading "Are You Morbid?" and you can see that the guy has his own issues, even if he spends a lot of time pointing fingers at Martin.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted April 10, 2008 02:04     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Former CELTIC FROST Frontman TOM GABRIEL FISCHER: 'There Is No Way Back' - Apr. 9, 2008

Former CELTIC FROST singer and guitarist Tom Gabriel Fischer has issued the following statement regarding his departure from the group:

"I am devastated beyond description, and I am infinitely disappointed. As the one member of CELTIC FROST who is exposed most dramatically to the feedback by our audiences and the media, I feel troubled and humiliated about being unable to honor the enormous goodwill extended to CELTIC FROST during the past few years and meet the justified expectations of our fans.

"I have always seen the 'Monotheist' album as a mere beginning, and a tame one at that. My mind and spirit are full of energy, creativity, and ideas. CELTIC FROST had become the unreserved focus of my life for the second time. I was looking forward immeasurably to working on the next CELTIC FROST album. To me, it needed to be darker, heavier, and more experimental than 'Monotheist'.

"And yet, CELTIC FROST consisted of three individuals, and I was only one of them. In the end I had to concede to myself that there was no other option.

"My friendship with and respect for Martin Eric Ain [bass] remain unaffected. Moreover, I am in the process of assessing my options to eventually complete, record, and release some of the ideas I originally created for CELTIC FROST and the planned next album in the course of the past few years, and to take our distinctive music out on the road again.

"There is no way back."

It was reported earlier in the year that CELTIC FROST was putting together an album tentatively titled "Monotheist Companion" that will feature unreleased songs from 2006's "Monotheist" sessions and rearrangements of tracks from the album. The disc is tentatively due in the summer.

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted April 10, 2008 17:47     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
... and it all started because Terry Brown was producing the new album sorry, couldn't resist.

I really can't see how they could go on without Tom. I'm not a huge fan, but CF continuing without Tom would be like Rush continuing without Geddy (or Alex, or Neal)

--------------------

yawn

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted April 10, 2008 18:38     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Slaytanic:
Exactly what I thought.

This sucks. Speak about timing, I have just finished reading "Are You Morbid?" and you can see that the guy has his own issues, even if he spends a lot of time pointing fingers at Martin.

Ah, but, he did shag Martin's bird.

--------------------

String em up

warcorpse
VoivodFan
Member # 1

posted April 10, 2008 18:51     Profile for warcorpse   Email warcorpse     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
we still have slayer.
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted April 10, 2008 19:47     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by warcorpse:
we still have slayer.

word.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted April 11, 2008 03:53     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Back online aftere some days of flue and now this....... This really sucks!!

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted April 11, 2008 13:04     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, there is really no band that can replace Frost. Not even Slayer.

--------------------

String em up

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted April 11, 2008 13:57     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm glad i got to see them before they broke up again, tho.
Imran
VoivodFan
Member # 197

posted April 11, 2008 13:58     Profile for Imran   Email Imran     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Celtic Frost without Tom Warrior is like Voivod without Blacky.
Thanos
VoivodFan
Member # 174

posted April 11, 2008 15:55     Profile for Thanos   Email Thanos     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Maybe Tom will re-form the Cold Lake lineup.
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted April 11, 2008 15:58     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skulhed:

me too.

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted April 11, 2008 17:07     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Same here *smug*

--------------------

String em up

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted April 11, 2008 18:25     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Thanos:
Maybe Tom will re-form the Cold Lake lineup.

ha ha... I was just going to say the only good thing is that there won't be Cold Lake 2 or Retrn to Cold Lake... sounds more like a horror movie (kinda like the reaction fans had upon hearing Cold Lake).
It'll be interesting to hear and see what Tom eventually releases and what the band desides to do without him.

--------------------

yawn

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted April 11, 2008 23:33     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Head Villain:
Ah, but, he did shag Martin's bird.

Fact! hahahahahahahaha!

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted April 12, 2008 12:40     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skulhed:

Twice!

--------------------

ummm.....I got nothin' today :-(

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted April 12, 2008 13:25     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Megz:
Twice!

Oh, yeah!! saw them on the "Cold Lake" tour
with LAAZ ROCKIT CRIMSON GLORY METAL CHURCH ANTHRAX METALLICA. This was in feb-87. Metallica did the MOP tour with Cliff Burton. Now that was a day out!! It was so crowded there wasn't a place to just sit down on your ass!

After that I saw them on their second show in Belgium after Monotheist came out and after that with Kreator in 2007, I was supposed to see them again this month. But I recon this isn't going to happen anymore.......

--------------------

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted April 12, 2008 13:28     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Crappy news. Just goes to show how we need to appreciate things momentarily, don't get too comfortable and "spoiled".

I got to see them once, 2 years ago, and it was GREAT. Had a pic taken too!

--------------------

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan