my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Possessed tomorrow night @ El Corazon in Seattle...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Possessed tomorrow night @ El Corazon in Seattle...
BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted February 28, 2008 20:44     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
..or more like "El Crappyzone"...nevertheless I'll be going but I can't get anyone else to go! So, are there any "local" takers around...X-D, Nuke, anyone else I might know???

I'll be at the bar, let's meet up Goddammit!!!

I've watched some Youtube performances to see what I would be getting into and I must say that those Sadistic-dudes backing up Jeff certainly do a killer job! Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see the original band...but unfortunately I never got the chance to see them back in the glory days, so I'm settling for this show. Besides, Jeff's voice is still a huge part of Possessed imho.

Does anyone happen to know if they play "No Will to Live" in their set? That would make my day if they did!!!

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

|  IP: Logged
BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted March 02, 2008 03:44     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It was an awesome experience last night...Jeff + Sadistic Intent = "flawless Possessed!!!"

I got there about an hour before the first band (some local bands played beforehand) so I immediately checked out the Merch...to my dismay, no shirts that I cared about getting. (except for the "Seven Churches-style" girl tee that I imagined wouldn't fit so well, ha!) So I headed to the bar, and found Sir Jeff hanging out talking to a fan...I stood to the side, waiting patiently...got to talk to him for almost a half-hour, one on one...I guess it was early, not too many people around at that point. Jeff is an extremely cool and humble guy, enough said. He actually wanted to know "my story" more than I wanted to know his! Incredible!

Since "No Will To Live" wasn't on the set list, I "PLEADED" with him to add it on...I guess the band knew it but he hadn't rehearsed it yet with them...he suggested to me jokingly..."well, howz 'bout a death-prompter?" I kinda took that seriously and found someone in the bar to download the "actual" lyrics on his phone while I ripped down any and every generic-overpriced-domestic beer flier to use as scratch-paper! 6 fliers later...I got up front before they started, handed them off to someone to give to Jeff, the first "page" was eventually taped to the monitor...GODDAMMIT IT'S ACTUALLY GONNA HAPPEN THEN!...nope, it didn't unfortunatley. Still, I had a great fucking time...killer fucking time!

As I was leaving to catch the cab, saw Nuke but had to quickly say goodbye...at least he made it out though, unlike Mr. X-D...

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted March 02, 2008 05:04     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cool review, looks like you had a great time.

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted March 29, 2008 12:52     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If I'd known you were there I woulda actually went to the bar LOL. We got there in late fashionable style, right before they played. You're right, Sadistic Intent are pretty fuckin good, they pulled it off. I was surprised. I got to meet Jeff after you left, I showed him my Destruction Cracked Brain shirt and he said Possessed had a hell of a time with them in Europe back in the day. Really cool guy! Cool seein ya for that 3 or 4 mintues there

--------------------

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan