my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » The worlds greatest record collection gets sold...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The worlds greatest record collection gets sold...
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted February 22, 2008 16:59     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
GREATEST COLLECTION
Unfuckin beleivable!!! The thing that blows me away is the winner lives in Ireland and the warehouse is in Pennsylvania. If he's oing to have that entire collections shipped to him, that's going to be insane. I wonder if he's going to come through with the money. It's obviously an incredible deal, and he'll probably make a fortune reselling indivdual items.

I was going to bid on it but I already have like 9 different versions of King Crimson's In The Court Of The Crimson King, and several different versions of Porcupine Tree's Deadwing, and really didn't want any duplicates oh yeah, that, and it's way out of my price league.

I showed by girlfriend the auction photos and told her if she ever thought I had a serious collecting problem... just remember him!!!!

--------------------

yawn

|  IP: Logged
MeanMrMustard
VoivodFan
Member # 57

posted February 22, 2008 18:14     Profile for MeanMrMustard   Email MeanMrMustard     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I love the subtle unintentional humor as well....just underneath the winning bid, it says, "$10 back with a new eBay MasterCard"

how awesome is that!

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted February 23, 2008 00:21     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wow! That is just amazing! As Dave points out, that was one fucking hell of a price for all those LPs and CDs! Not to mention all those "extras" thrown in! Christ on a stick! I'd be all over this if I had the means and the dough to make the investment. Totally worth it.

Been spending the week moving my measly 1k or so LP collection from one room to another and can't help but wonder just how much all those records weigh, haha.

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted February 24, 2008 18:16     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MeanMrMustard:
I love the subtle unintentional humor as well....just underneath the winning bid, it says, "$10 back with a new eBay MasterCard"

how awesome is that!

FUCK!!! I didn't see that... and to think I was just $9.00 short in my Paypal account to beat the high bid!!!

--------------------

yawn

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted February 25, 2008 17:13     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Apparently the winning bid was a fake! He'll either hit the next highest or relist.

If I owned that I would probably never see daylight again.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted February 25, 2008 18:32     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I was thinking the winning bid wasn't going to come thru. I'm kinda happy about that since that high bid was an insult to what that collection is worth. I hope with all the extra publicity the collection has received since the auction ended the seller will receive a better offer for it, and hopefully from someone willing to preserve it for the future.

--------------------

yawn

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan