my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » VOIVOD NEWS !!!!!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: VOIVOD NEWS !!!!!
Syl Disjonk
VoivodFan
Member # 148

posted February 13, 2008 17:52     Profile for Syl Disjonk   Email Syl Disjonk     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great news !!

fRom Blabberbasher..

Canada's pioneering metal band VOIVOD will enter the studio this spring to record its final album using songs left behind by founding guitarist Denis "Piggy" D'Amour, who died in August 2005 from colon cancer.

An official band statement reads as follows: "There remain 13 songs that Denis D'Amour (Piggy) had written with the band that have yet to be recorded. Michel Langevin (Away) and Denis Belanger (Snake) will track the last songs this spring bringing all the past and present members together to participate in a homage to the guitar legend of Piggy and the legacy of 25 years of a brotherhood forged by exploring metal, rock and punk ethics with an other worldly premise. Jean-Yves Theriault (Blacky) and Eric Forrest (E-FORCE) have eagerly agreed to contribute bass tracks along with Jason Newsted (Jasonic). The End Records and Nuclear Blast will release this final record once completed. VOIVOD may play select shows after the release as a thank you to the fans and to bring closure to a great career."

VOIVOD won the "Best Metal/Hardcore Album" award for their 2006 LP "Katorz" last September at the annual Quebec Independent Music Awards (GAMIQ) in Montreal, Quebec. Other nominees were GHOULUNATICS ("Cryogénie"), UNEXPECT ("In A Flesh Aquarium"), ANONYMUS ("Chapter Chaos Begins"), and LES ÉKORCHÉS ("Les Ékorchés").

Released in July 2006 on The End Records, "Katorz" was assembled, recorded and released by the band (drummer Michel "Away" Langevin, singer Denis "Snake" Belanger and bassist Jason "Jasonic" Newsted) and producer Glen Robinson using demos left by founding guitarist Denis "Piggy" D'Amour, who succumbed to colon cancer in August 2005.

Link to Blabbermouth article...

Fucking great !

--------------------

Remembered in space....
to the DEATH...... et à l'INFINI
www.disjonk.com
Ethereal Chrysalis

VOIVOD tribute video We Are Connected

VOIVOD: Kluskap O' Kom music video

ETHEREAL CHRYSALIS - Lovecraftian fantastic short film directed by Syl Disjonk

|  IP: Logged
AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted February 13, 2008 18:08     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
FUCK YEAH!!!

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

Dovïov
VoivodFan
Member # 931

posted February 13, 2008 18:30     Profile for Dovïov   Email Dovïov     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My prayers (to the gods of metal) have been answered!!!
Paulie 88
VoivodFan
Member # 775

posted February 13, 2008 18:43     Profile for Paulie 88   Email Paulie 88     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ok, let's play good news / bad news... The good news is, this project is finally getting underway. The REALLY good news is that Blacky and Eric (both of whom are far and away exponentially better than Jason) will be involved with some bass tracks!!!

But the bad news (to me) is the continued disregarding of the "30 more" tracks that Jason alluded to in the Making of Katorz 5-minute promo film.

I was disappointed in Katorz overall, from a songwriting point of view as well as sound. I'm hoping Eric and Blacky will add some much-needed BALLS to the final tracks.

I love Voivod, and look forward to this next (and seemingly final) chapter to this story... But I can't help but feel sadness at the prospect of "more" tracks being left to languish unheard. I'm hoping I'm wrong, and that something WILL happen with these!

Has this ever been formally addressed???

All the best,
PAULIE

--------------------

Voivoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood!
-----------------
DIMESLAND http://youtu.be/2LtFOX6JdVo

Cthon
Member # 156

posted February 13, 2008 18:50     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
holy shit. good deal.

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted February 13, 2008 21:17     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Fuggin awesome. Fantastic news to hear that Jasonic, E-Force & Blacky will all participate. That made my day.
X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted February 13, 2008 22:29     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Fuck yes! This is outstanding news! Totally made my week!

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

Imran
VoivodFan
Member # 197

posted February 13, 2008 22:40     Profile for Imran   Email Imran     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Blacky playing for Voivod again...I can't think of anything better.
hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted February 14, 2008 00:58     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Imran:
Blacky playing for Voivod again...I can't think of anything better.

Makes me sad to think what could have been. And so sad the situation that brings BLACKY back into the mix.

....but I'm with All the best, in regards to who's the better bass player, and I am sooooo looking forward to this release!!!! Damn, this is exciting!!

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted February 14, 2008 03:54     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That's great news that Blacky and Eric are gonna be involved. For no other reason than it's a nice touch for the final chapter.

As for having 30 songs, pick the best 10 and blow our heads off with em! Save the rest for DVOD-4!

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted February 14, 2008 10:58     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Very nice... but where's Pierre St-Jean?
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted February 14, 2008 11:07     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Skul, that's Maldoraoroar's line!

Great news indeed, totally made my week as well!

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted February 14, 2008 12:31     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Excellent, so glad to hear Blacky & Eric will be involved.

--------------------

String em up

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted February 14, 2008 17:34     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
HOLY SHIT!!!! First Slayer gets a Grammy and now Blacky's going to be on the new VOIVOD album. Somebody pinch me.

--------------------

yawn

warcorpse
VoivodFan
Member # 1

posted February 15, 2008 09:55     Profile for warcorpse   Email warcorpse     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It would be cool if the raw guitar tracks could be released as well.

That way fans can jam with piggy.

Imran X
VoivodFan
Member # 17

posted February 15, 2008 11:17     Profile for Imran X   Email Imran X     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It would also be great if the acoustic tracks that Piggy did were released. Acording to Away they are pretty intense & dark - sounds very interesting.
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted February 15, 2008 15:39     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
According to a metal-rules interview with Snake, those acoustic jams are maybe too personal to release... Piggy had trouble breathing and stuff and that can be heard on the recordings. They did piece together some of those on Katorz, but a full release is probably unlikely. I think Ron (McGregor) heard them and said the same thing... Deep down tho, i'd still want to hear 'em.
Paulie 88
VoivodFan
Member # 775

posted February 17, 2008 00:37     Profile for Paulie 88   Email Paulie 88     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
HOLY SHIT!!!! First Slayer gets a Grammy and now Blacky's going to be on the new VOIVOD album. Somebody pinch me.

??? Slayer's gotten a Grammy before, this 2008 one was their second I believe...

--------------------

Voivoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood!
-----------------
DIMESLAND http://youtu.be/2LtFOX6JdVo

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted February 17, 2008 08:24     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Paulie 88:
??? Slayer's gotten a Grammy before, this 2008 one was their second I believe...

yah, second grammy for a bonus track on the reissue of the SAME FUCKING ALBUM than their first grammy.

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted February 17, 2008 14:09     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Simply FAN-tastic!

--------------------

Ron Mc Gregor
VoivodFan
Member # 595

posted February 17, 2008 17:07     Profile for Ron Mc Gregor   Email Ron Mc Gregor     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skulhed:
A... I think Ron (McGregor) heard them and said the same thing... Deep down tho, i'd still want to hear 'em.

Good memory Skulhed.
Away gave me a copy of those recordings and, yes, it's hard to listen to. Not for the quality of the perfomance of course, but just to hear him breathe...

But let's rejoice, there's a new album on the way!

--------------------

VOIVOD STUFF / AUT'CHOSE
http://www.lucienfrancoeur.com/voivod_stuff.html
http://www.lucienfrancoeur.com/voivod_stuff/index.html
http://www.myspace.com/autchose

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted February 20, 2008 09:39     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Slaytanic:
Hey Skul, that's Maldoraoroar's line!

Yeah, you tell him! Go girl!

Anyway, this is amazing news! This is going to be awesome!

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted February 25, 2008 15:14     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Holy smokes!

I am havin a heart attack here!

First...this news about Voivod and then second...i see a post from Warcorpse!

What a great day for sure.

Seb YB1
VoivodFan
Member # 129

posted March 18, 2008 23:38     Profile for Seb YB1   Email Seb YB1     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This spring ?

Spring 2010 or 2011 ?

one man army
Junior VoivodFan
Member # 1020

posted April 10, 2008 02:23     Profile for one man army   Email one man army     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I hope Voivod go back to their original themes. A final chapter of Korgull and his dominion would be cool.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan