my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » It was finally re-released today...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: It was finally re-released today...
BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted February 06, 2008 01:12     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
On DVD for the very first time!!!

For the first time on DVD, footage of the band's legendary 1984 series of shows at Long Beach California will be made available, in stereo and Dolby Digital 5.1 Audio.

Disc Two kicks off with part two of 'The History Of Iron Maiden', continuing the story which begun with 'The Early Days' DVD. Another documentary, 'Behind The Iron Curtain', covers the band's historic performances across the eastern bloc in 1984. Live footage of the band's 1985 Rock In Rio performance is also included, along with interview and live footage from Ello, Texas in 1983, an artwork gallery, tour programme, tour dates, photo gallery and promotional videos for 'Aces High' and '2 Minutes To Midnight'.

The full details are setlists are:

DISC ONE:

Live After Death concert:

Churchill Speech/Aces High
2 Minutes to Midnight
The Trooper
Revelations
Flight of Icarus
Rime of the Ancient Mariner
Powerslave
Number of the Beast
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Iron Maiden
Run to The Hills
Running Free
Sanctuary

DISC TWO:

The History of Iron Maiden – Part 2 (60 mins) – Documentary.
Band members, crew, friends and associates talk about the period in the band's career which saw the writing, recording and release of the 'Powerslave' album, and later 'Live After Death', and the subsequent massive touring.
Behind the Iron Curtain ( 57 mins approx) – Documentary and Live
Shot during Maiden's historic tour of Poland and other parts to the Eastern Bloc in 1984 featuring interviews, live and offstage footage.

Rock in Rio '85 (50 mins approx) – Live

The full Maiden set supporting Queen on the first day of the first Rock in Rio in front of 300,000 manic metal fans. Songs performed include:

Aces High
2 Minutes to Midnight
The Trooper
Revelations
Powerslave
Iron Maiden
Run To The Hills
Running Free

Ello Texas – 15 minutes – Interview and live.

Caught by a film crew in 1983 at the Alamo and sound checking their show in San Antonio.

PLUS:

Artwork Gallery, Tour Programme, Tour dates and photo gallery.

Promotional clips for Aces High and 2 Minutes to Midnight Subtitles for All documentary footage – PAL version – English HOH / Dutch / French / German / Italian / Swedish / Portuguese / Spanish NTSC Version – English HOH / Brazilian Portguese / Latin Spanish

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

|  IP: Logged
Mind Running Slow
VoivodFan
Member # 331

posted February 06, 2008 01:53     Profile for Mind Running Slow   Email Mind Running Slow     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, that fancy new DVD is all swell and groovy and all...but I'm nonetheless gonna stick with my original "black and white Super 8 film" of the show which included the "Un-edited" peformance footage featuring Judy Garland, Marilyn Monroe, and Belinda Carisle.
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted February 06, 2008 07:03     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That means my brazilian dvd is obsolete. Hehe.
X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted February 06, 2008 11:47     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skulhed:

I am in the same boat, haha. Looks like my 12 Wasted Years DVD is still worth the space though.

Going to buy this on my lunch break today!

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted February 06, 2008 12:20     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I got mine yesterday, along with some other goodies. I've watched most of the concert and will probably watch disc 2 while I'm on the treadmill. Finally Part 2 of the History. "Behind the Iron Cutain" is a classic video, I had the vhs version of that and everything Maiden relesed but sold them years ago when we needed the $$$. It'll be great to see that again.

--------------------

yawn

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted February 06, 2008 18:47     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I finished watching the concert disc and most of the way thru disc 2 already. There's a dude in the front row on the Live After Death concert wearing a Metallica "Metal Up Your Ass" T-shirt who has long curly blonde hair and looks very similar to Hetfield during 1984 which is when the concert was filmed in Long Beach California. Which is also the year after Kill 'Em All was released and was originally suppose to be titled Metal Up Your Ass. I doubt it's him (not enough pimples!!!) but it would be cool if it was Jamez.

I had also forgotten how off key Bruce's voice was for the first few songs. He sounded like he was having a tough time getting his voice to hit those usual banshee screams, but after a few songs, he's on his mark, and is all over the stage... great stuff.

It was great watching this after so many years. The history part just focuses on the Powerslave recordings and tour, and doesn't cover the amount of stuff part one did. I'm wondering if They plan on releasing the next few History parts as bonus dvds along with rereleased concerts. Another excellent quality dvd that is a must have for any metalhead.

--------------------

yawn

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted February 07, 2008 09:17     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skulhed:

Yeah, mine too, hehehehe.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted February 07, 2008 15:23     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I couldn't resist to get myself a copy, even though it wasn't exactly cheap over here. I needed it, for sentimental reasons, etc. I will lock myself in my room this weekend and watch the whole fucker. I just need something while waiting for DVOD-2.

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted February 08, 2008 20:22     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Anyone else having a problem with disc 2 on the promos for ACES HIGH & TWO MINUTES TO MIDNIGHT? I have glitches on both of them and it makes the track pause and not play. I can't even fast forward thru it... FUCK!!!!!

--------------------

yawn

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted February 09, 2008 18:20     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
dammit! went out looking for this dvd today. no store has it! argh! so i bought a couple of van halen discs, and some outkast, and a yes disc, oh and the new mars volta. maybe this post should b in that fancy 'recently bought cd's thread'. oh well, i have a headache!

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted February 09, 2008 21:25     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
MUST...BUY...NOW!!!
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted February 19, 2008 07:15     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've had this on VHS since I was a kid, but just had to go get the DVD. It arrived today so I'm off to stock up on beers and party like it's 1984. Scream for me, mulletboy!
X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted February 19, 2008 13:45     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I had a really hard time finding this too. Took me until the following Saturday to locate a single copy (after hitting like 5 or 6 local shops).

Needless to say, the DVD is fucking awesome.

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted February 19, 2008 16:51     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, I can't find it anywhere around here. Been to 4 or 5 places too. Gonna try one near my work on Friday.
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted February 19, 2008 19:09     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
thats weird that it's hard to find. most of my local retail outlets and record stores have it in stock. i picked it up at Best Buy for around $17 on release day, but saw it for a few dollars cheaper in most other stores.
track it down, because it's definitley worth it. it brought back lots of great memories from the the time when metal ruled the world.

--------------------

yawn

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted February 20, 2008 13:14     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oooooh...Maiden in Albuquerque 25 May 2008 !

Iron Maiden page

Bring your beers and tent...camp in my living room.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan