my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » My Voivod guitar covers on Youtube

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My Voivod guitar covers on Youtube
ClankTheRobot
Junior VoivodFan
Member # 770

posted February 04, 2008 09:57     Profile for ClankTheRobot   Email ClankTheRobot     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey all,

I recently started putting guitar videos on youtube and I've done a handful of Voivod songs. Thought someone here might like to check them out.
http://www.youtube.com/ClankTheRobot

Take care,
Greg

|  IP: Logged
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted February 04, 2008 10:27     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ClankTheRobot:
Hey all,

I recently started putting guitar videos on youtube and I've done a handful of Voivod songs. Thought someone here might like to check them out.
http://www.youtube.com/ClankTheRobot

Take care,
Greg

I was about to do the same thing......
No just kidding, thanks i will look!!

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted February 04, 2008 12:42     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
VERY COOL So, is this your audition video, just incase Voivod is looking for a guitarist to go on tour with? Thanks for the link. I see some cool Ramones tracks, are you paying tribute to the guitar gods who are no longer with us?

--------------------

yawn

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted February 04, 2008 13:42     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Greg, i am very impressed. I think i better quit..... haha, no. I am just starting with lessons. A bit powerchords, some Celtic Frost some SOD. That is all for now.

What amplifier do you use and what other??

--------------------

ClankTheRobot
Junior VoivodFan
Member # 770

posted February 05, 2008 23:47     Profile for ClankTheRobot   Email ClankTheRobot     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Schroeder,

I guess they could be audition videos...haha. Eh, I couldn't go on tour, but I would love to jam with the guys.
I didn't think about Johnny Ramone and Piggy both being gone until you mentioned it. I suppose it shows my age, when most of the musicians I grew up listening to have passed on. I saw so many half assed guitar players on youtube messing up Ramones songs, which is nearly impossible, that I had to do something. LOL!

Paul,
My amp is a Fender Princeton Chorus...small, simple, clean sounding...it fits my needs. As far as guitars, the Gibson SG I use in most of my videos is from like 1979, whatever the last year was that the original SG was made. It belonged to my Uncle, who has also passed away. There's alot of death involved in my videos...I also have an Ibanez that I use for low tuned stuff.

Thanks for the nice comments, guys. It makes it all worth it...

--------------------

http://clanktherobot.tripod.com

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted February 06, 2008 06:35     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
*round of applause*

very nice

--------------------

String em up

Imran
VoivodFan
Member # 197

posted February 06, 2008 11:44     Profile for Imran   Email Imran     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That is some great guitar playing there, Greg. Tell me, where do you live and do you give lessons?
Ron Mc Gregor
VoivodFan
Member # 595

posted February 06, 2008 12:36     Profile for Ron Mc Gregor   Email Ron Mc Gregor     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Really cool!

Ramones and Voïvod... also 2 of my all-time favorite bands.

--------------------

VOIVOD STUFF / AUT'CHOSE
http://www.lucienfrancoeur.com/voivod_stuff.html
http://www.lucienfrancoeur.com/voivod_stuff/index.html
http://www.myspace.com/autchose

ClankTheRobot
Junior VoivodFan
Member # 770

posted February 07, 2008 07:40     Profile for ClankTheRobot   Email ClankTheRobot     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks everyone!

I live outside of Philadelphia and I don't really give lessons, but I have taught some people in the past. I'm self taught so I don't have alot of theory or musical education to put forth. I've mostly just taught people how to play whatever songs they've wanted to learn. I guess that's why I'm including tab links in my video descriptions...trying to contribute a little something to help people out.

--------------------

http://clanktherobot.tripod.com

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted February 09, 2008 18:33     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
fuckin coooool! piggy was a fukin genius!

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted February 09, 2008 21:17     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Dude, those are great! You wouldn't happen to have tabbed them maybe?
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted February 09, 2008 21:37     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Clankthechicken's got some mad skills. If ya haven't followed the links from the videos to his myspace band page, check it out. lots of cool vibes pumpin out there
XENON WAVE

--------------------

yawn

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted February 11, 2008 17:29     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nuclear Vampire:
Dude, those are great! You wouldn't happen to have tabbed them maybe?

they are tabbed. there's a link to the right of the video.

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

anything
VoivodFan
Member # 209

posted March 21, 2008 19:44     Profile for anything   Email anything     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh yeah,
I saw those, those are GREAT!!!!
Do you make any original music/are you in a band?

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted March 22, 2008 18:06     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by anything:
Oh yeah,
I saw those, those are GREAT!!!!
Do you make any original music/are you in a band?

look at the link i stuck in my post 2 above yours

--------------------

yawn

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan