my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » New Hellhammer

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New Hellhammer
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted January 17, 2008 16:03     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Who is looking forward to this? I am a first day buyer for sure.

Blood Insanity Remaster

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

|  IP: Logged
Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted January 17, 2008 17:41     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh yes!

--------------------

String em up

KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted January 17, 2008 18:25     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This is Black Metal, year zero

I can't wait. I only have Apocalyptic Raids so I will get Demon Entrails for sure. Not sure how its 3 vinyls but hey, its on 180 gram vinyl, I'm chuffed to bits

--------------------

Hail Santa...

Ron Mc Gregor
VoivodFan
Member # 595

posted January 18, 2008 10:19     Profile for Ron Mc Gregor   Email Ron Mc Gregor     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes, sir!

--------------------

VOIVOD STUFF / AUT'CHOSE
http://www.lucienfrancoeur.com/voivod_stuff.html
http://www.lucienfrancoeur.com/voivod_stuff/index.html
http://www.myspace.com/autchose

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted January 18, 2008 12:02     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ever since they used the word "opulent" in their press release (to describe the extensive packaging of the reissue), i can't stop using it everywhere.

Just like that.

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted January 19, 2008 17:34     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KnickerZohnonnof:
This is Black Metal, year zero

I can't wait. I only have Apocalyptic Raids so I will get Demon Entrails for sure. Not sure how its 3 vinyls but hey, its on 180 gram vinyl, I'm chuffed to bits

Hey KnickerZ, here's the vinyl tracklisting... Each LP represents the original tracklisting for each demo as they were originally issued/intended (minus the frogs, of course, ha).

LP 1: "Death Fiend" Demo, June 10/11, 1983

Side A:
1. Maniac (4:03)
2. Angel Of Destruction (3:00)
3. Hammerhead (2:51)
4. Bloody Pussies (4:51)
Side B:
1. Death Fiend (2:3
2. Dark Warriors (3:05)
3. Chainsaw (4:01)
4. Ready For Slaughter (3:39)
5. Sweet Torment (2:0

LP 2: "Triumph Of Death" Demo, June 10/11, 1983

Side A:
1. Crucifixion (3:05)
2. Maniac (4:03)
3. Execution (When Hell's Near) (2:41)
4. Decapitator (2:10)
5. Blood Insanity (4:23)
6. Power Of Satan (4:11)
Side B:
1. Reaper (2:0
2. Death Fiend (2:37)
3. Triumph Of Death (5:17)
4. Metallic Storm (2:20)
5. Ready For Slaughter (3:3
6. Dark Warriors (3:04)
7. Hammerhead (2:47)

LP 3: "Satanic Rites" Demo, December 2/3/4/5, 1983

Side A:
1. Intro (0:5
2. Messiah (4:20)
3. The Third Of The Storms (Evoked Damnation) (3:04)
4. Buried And Forgotten (6:02)
5. Maniac [re-recorded version] (3:47)
6. Eurynomos (3:10)
Side B:
1. Triumph Of Death [re-recorded version] (7:00)
2. Revelations Of Doom (3:04)
3. Reaper [re-recorded version] (2:2
4. Satanic Rites (7:20)
5. Crucifixion [re-recorded version] (2:47)
6. Outro (2:01)

A lot of effort went into putting these together. I HIGHLY recommend hunting down both the LP and Deluxe CD versions as they will be jam packed with all kinds of cool stuff.

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted January 20, 2008 13:37     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Looking at those times it is possible to put it on two vinyls. But, as you say, the tracklistings are for each demo and it makes sense to release it as such. I would much rather hear it as intended thats for sure.

Roll on the 18th Feb!

--------------------

Hail Santa...

Paulie 88
VoivodFan
Member # 775

posted January 21, 2008 14:16     Profile for Paulie 88   Email Paulie 88     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I love that parts of the LP timing turned into cute little cartoon frog faces, very appropriate.

That being said, this will be THE release of the millenium for old-school underground metal.

Several "Death Fiend" tracks were used on "Triumph of Death" so there are some repeats on the vinyls in order to present the individual demos as they were originally sequenced. This does not happen on the CD version(s), each track is only present once there.

All the best,
PAULIE

--------------------

Voivoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood!
-----------------
DIMESLAND http://youtu.be/2LtFOX6JdVo

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted January 30, 2008 00:34     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I can't fuckin wait.

--------------------

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted January 30, 2008 08:53     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I can't fuckin wait. (2)

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted February 05, 2008 02:23     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Alright, so where is the best place to pre-order this? I have found several editions online, like the cheapo $10 US digipak version, or the $43 import gatefold CD that mimics the LP version. I'm getting the not cheapo one

--------------------

Syl Disjonk
VoivodFan
Member # 148

posted February 07, 2008 10:04     Profile for Syl Disjonk   Email Syl Disjonk     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I was traumatized when I heard the song Triumph Of Death for first time! There's something going really wrong, it got such a sick feeling...

Hell it's raw ... even the remastered song we ear on Myspace ...

HOU! HEEEEY!

--------------------

Remembered in space....
to the DEATH...... et à l'INFINI
www.disjonk.com
Ethereal Chrysalis

VOIVOD tribute video We Are Connected

VOIVOD: Kluskap O' Kom music video

ETHEREAL CHRYSALIS - Lovecraftian fantastic short film directed by Syl Disjonk

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted February 07, 2008 10:42     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Syl Disjonk:
I was traumatized when I heard the song Triumph Of Death for first time! There's something going really wrong, it got such a sick feeling...

Hell it's raw ... even the remastered song we ear on Myspace ...

HOU! HEEEEY!

Hey, Syl Then you gotta hear this...........

nullweb page

--------------------

Syl Disjonk
VoivodFan
Member # 148

posted February 09, 2008 15:04     Profile for Syl Disjonk   Email Syl Disjonk     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paul:

Hey, Syl Then you gotta hear this...........

nullweb page

Holly hell, it really sound like a cry baby!

Thanks for the link!

--------------------

Remembered in space....
to the DEATH...... et à l'INFINI
www.disjonk.com
Ethereal Chrysalis

VOIVOD tribute video We Are Connected

VOIVOD: Kluskap O' Kom music video

ETHEREAL CHRYSALIS - Lovecraftian fantastic short film directed by Syl Disjonk

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted February 09, 2008 18:03     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Gee, thanks for the help, guys

--------------------

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted February 12, 2008 22:34     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by newclear infusion:
Alright, so where is the best place to pre-order this? I have found several editions online, like the cheapo $10 US digipak version, or the $43 import gatefold CD that mimics the LP version. I'm getting the not cheapo one

Hey John, sorry we couldn't get this to you sooner. Basically, the deluxe versions of Demon Entrails just became available for pre-order. You can get all 3 versions at the Century Media webstore, HERE.

For all the specs on Demon Entrails (including purchase links - more to come), check out DemonEntrails.com. Sorry, I feel like I'm spamming here, haha.

--------------------

Paulie 88
VoivodFan
Member # 775

posted February 13, 2008 18:45     Profile for Paulie 88   Email Paulie 88     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Within just a couple hours, the pre-orders for the 3LP and deluxe 2CD are "temporarily out of stock," fuck fuck fuck.

Pissed,
PAULIE

--------------------

Voivoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood!
-----------------
DIMESLAND http://youtu.be/2LtFOX6JdVo

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted February 17, 2008 14:18     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by X-D:
Hey John, sorry we couldn't get this to you sooner. Basically, the deluxe versions of Demon Entrails just became available for pre-order. You can get all 3 versions at the Century Media webstore, HERE.

For all the specs on Demon Entrails (including purchase links - more to come), check out DemonEntrails.com. Sorry, I feel like I'm spamming here, haha.

Hey, no sweat Mike, I wasn't getting on any of ya'll's (the CF/HH camp) case about not giving me that certain info! More so on the people that posted after me, haha. But it's ai'ght, they are both not from the US so the "import" thing to them is meaningless (I'm assuming). BUT you have been immensely helpful, because I was unaware of ordering it domestically from CMdistro, I was already set to rip myself off by going the Amazon route, and they automatically classified the deluxe as an import, for fuckin $50. I already had my order placed and everything, but thank satan for pre-order, I cancelled that fuckin shit and went through CM. NOW I save $40 and get it on the release date SO thanks again, Mike (and we gotta hang sometime, nigga! )

Come onnnnn Feb 26

--------------------

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted February 22, 2008 23:58     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Damn, I just got it in the mail today, deluxe CD edition......It's BEAUTIFUL

OH and it sounds great too

--------------------

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted February 23, 2008 00:42     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh yeah, I got my package of these the other day too! Whoo hoo! The Deluxe CD and triple LP versions are jaw-droppingly cool! The book in the LP verion is fucking huge! I don't think I have seen anything quite this over the top in terms of outright delivering the packaging goods. A real fuckin' treat!

Hey John, I knew you were just kidding around man. We definitly need to hang out sometime. With the family and crazy job, it's tough to get to shows and hang out as much as I'd like. Going to be heading to see Agalloch at Chop Suey coming up here on March 21st (a Friday), which could be a very cool occasion to hang! Otherwise, I know we need to arrange for some VVF/CF BBQs during the upcoming summer.

--------------------

consumer
VoivodFan
Member # 421

posted February 23, 2008 16:49     Profile for consumer   Email consumer     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Picked this up earlier today. The deluxe CD version. All around a cool package - format, sound, etc. Can't wait to check the book out even closer. Definitely a great buy!! Hail Hellhammer!!!!!!!

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan