my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » ACTION FIGURES

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ACTION FIGURES
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted January 14, 2008 15:09     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've been on a kick the last few weeks. After adding a couple floating shelves in my music/pc room and putting up some of the cool collectable figures I already had:
Iron Maiden: Eddie-Life after Death
Pink Floyd: Scorpion Wife with Pink Wall series one
Preacher Comics: The Preacher and Tulip
Clerks: Jay and Silent Bob

I went shopping online and added the following cool figures that have been slowly finding their way to my house:
PINK FLOYD wall series 2 box set with 6 figures (flowers, evil flowers, skelton soldier, gas mask guy, mother, & prosecutor)

Pink Floyd series one individually boxed figures: schoolmaster, the judge, and eagle warplane (only missing the marching hammers, and megaphone hammer from having the complete collection)

Iron Maiden 18 inch Somewhere In Time Eddie (arrived today and is cool as fuck)

The Preacher Comics Killer Of Saints and Cassidy (completes the collection of all 4 characters)

The Crow Movie - Eric Draven as the Crow at his grave

Hopefully this impulse toy buying has come to an end for me because I now have to build more shelves to display them all.

So, I know there's a bunch of other people on here that have collected things like this. Tell us what ya got.

I'll never fuckin grow up!!!

--------------------

yawn

|  IP: Logged
Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted January 14, 2008 16:55     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Photos please!
Especially the Eddies.

--------------------

String em up

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted January 14, 2008 19:40     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
I'll never fuckin grow up!!!

...or get help!

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted January 15, 2008 04:45     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I hear someone's putting out Melvins action figures. Can't remember who right now...
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted January 15, 2008 06:08     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Schroeder, R U married??

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted January 15, 2008 08:31     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paul:
Schroeder, R U married??

Divorced, Paul... but I don't think you and I could work out a long distance relationship and make it work!!!!
I have a great girlfriend who supports my addictions.

http://www.dccomics.com/media/products/3266_180x270.jpg[/IMG]

--------------------

yawn

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted January 15, 2008 08:45     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
PINK FLOYD The Wall:

--------------------

yawn

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted January 15, 2008 13:02     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Crow figure:

--------------------

yawn

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted January 15, 2008 13:57     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I want the Eddie! Here's my one. Is a 12" figure but he's bigger than that, seeing as he's bending over. *cough*

--------------------

String em up

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted January 15, 2008 15:11     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That Trooper figure is the one I really wanted but I kept loosing the auctions or they were already too high to justify me bidding on it.
There's more of the Somewhere In Time figures on Ebay.

--------------------

yawn

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted January 15, 2008 16:35     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Trooper is one I made when I was working as a model maker, I think the company that commissioned it is called Fun 4 All. There were some of them in Forbidden Planet a few years back, no idea if they can still get them now!
My one is a prototype cast which I painted at home.. so the paintwork won't be as detailed on the ones you can buy anyway. Sadly I didn't steal the mould for it before leaving that job, or you'd probably see a few more on Ebay.

McFarlane did a smaller Trooper figure also. Wasn't as good though.

--------------------

String em up

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted January 15, 2008 18:23     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
After looking at your Trooper I now remember you posting pics of it a few years ago when you joined along with some of the other cool stuff you did, and we were all drooling over your excellent craftmanship. The McFarlane Trooper was the one I had my eye on but I've gotten over my "need" to have it after getting the Somewhere In Time figure. Your Eddie is definitley way better than any of the ones I've seen on the market.

--------------------

yawn

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted January 15, 2008 18:39     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Heheh yeh I'm just showing off.
The Somewhere in Time one is a beauty, I want one. Looking forward to seeing Maiden in July too.

I've got the Jason Newsted headbanging figurine here on me shelf too. Didn't bother getting the full set I'm afraid!

--------------------

String em up

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted January 15, 2008 22:01     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paul:
Schroeder, R U married??

quote:
Divorced, Paul... but I don't think you and I could work out a long distance relationship and make it work!!!!
I have a great girlfriend who supports my addictions.

Anybody else here find this brief little exchange as hilarious as I do?

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

Mind Running Slow
VoivodFan
Member # 331

posted January 16, 2008 00:34     Profile for Mind Running Slow   Email Mind Running Slow     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by X-D:
Anybody else here find this brief little exchange as hilarious as I do?

Of course...

his girlfriend is probally one of those hardcore PEZ dispenser collectors.

Serious shit.

(Though I rather fancy the Phantom of the Opera Eddie myschmelf)

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted January 16, 2008 19:18     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nope my GF isn't much of a collector but she was the one who get me the Eddie Life After Death and my first Floyd figure... so this toy spree I've been on is all her fault.

I'm glad you enjoyed the comedic lines X-D... I thought they were funny, although I'm always laffing at myself

--------------------

yawn

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted January 17, 2008 06:22     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Nope my GF isn't much of a collector but she was the one who get me the Eddie Life After Death and my first Floyd figure... so this toy spree I've been on is all her fault.

I'm glad you enjoyed the comedic lines X-D... I thought they were funny, although I'm always laffing at myself

I would consider a relationship to someone who has so mmany albums.... Men or Woman, what's the difference?

No to help you all out of your dreams: i have a pretty steady relationship with my Monique (25 years in a row) We had some ups and some downs but the ups are more prominent right now!

mmmm. Actionfigures eh? I do not own them.

--------------------

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted January 17, 2008 08:53     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You bunch of stamp collectors, you!
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted January 17, 2008 20:03     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Only if it's these stamps:

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted January 17, 2008 21:02     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Not these??

--------------------

String em up

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted January 18, 2008 13:59     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ahhh, but you could make them reality...by designing your own stamps!

Do we need permission from Voivod to use their logo?
http://photo.stamps.com/Store/?source=si10569866

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted January 18, 2008 23:12     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I bought a sheet of those Star Wars stamps when they came out. Of course I used them to send off bills, but they were damn cool. I also enjoyed the Marvel Comics stamps that came out recently, and the DC Comic stamps that were issued last year. I didn't save any of them but they are way cooler than those boring flags, flowers, and people I don't know.

--------------------

yawn

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted January 19, 2008 08:43     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
^^^^^^^^^ HAHA!! HAHA!! STAMP COLLECTOR! ^^^^^^^^^
Just kidding

--------------------

String em up

Mind Running Slow
VoivodFan
Member # 331

posted January 19, 2008 22:59     Profile for Mind Running Slow   Email Mind Running Slow     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Head Villain:
^^^^^^^^^ HAHA!! HAHA!! STAMP COLLECTOR! ^^^^^^^^^
Just kidding

When I was living in Ireland a few years ago, they had Phil Lynott and U2 stamps, why not a Voivod stamp for Canada?

(bah, they'd probally pick Loverboy or Lee Aaron instead)

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan