my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Blacky's bass 4 sale (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: Blacky's bass 4 sale
Ron Mc Gregor
VoivodFan
Member # 595

posted January 09, 2008 09:18     Profile for Ron Mc Gregor   Email Ron Mc Gregor     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Blacky's bass 4 sale!

--------------------

VOIVOD STUFF / AUT'CHOSE
http://www.lucienfrancoeur.com/voivod_stuff.html
http://www.lucienfrancoeur.com/voivod_stuff/index.html
http://www.myspace.com/autchose

|  IP: Logged
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted January 09, 2008 10:22     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Damn. That's what I shoulda got Nell for xmas!!
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted January 09, 2008 10:54     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Whats the story behind this?
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted January 09, 2008 14:04     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:
Whats the story behind this?

Maybe he can use the money, otherwise he wouldn't sell it (i think)I would like to have that one i tell you.

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted January 09, 2008 14:52     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
he sold that a long long time ago, when he left voivod, because he had three and he never played it much after mauro liberatore made him a 5 string....
Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted January 09, 2008 16:20     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i-want-one-of-those

--------------------

String em up

VoivodFan
Member # 1015

posted January 09, 2008 16:45     Profile for 00100   Email 00100     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Can anyone prove the authenticity of this instrument??

--------------------

Kursk

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted January 09, 2008 16:53     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 00100:
Can anyone prove the authenticity of this instrument??

Well i think NIA just did

--------------------

VoivodFan
Member # 1015

posted January 09, 2008 17:00     Profile for 00100   Email 00100     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sorry, I don't know anyone here... Nia, are you sure this is the real deal? Can you tell me more about it? I'm going to be face to face with it in a few hours.

--------------------

Kursk

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted January 09, 2008 17:16     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
the serial number should be on the back of the headstock, five numbers, that one should start with an 88 or 89. originally it would have had emg pickups. $1000 is a good deal.
VoivodFan
Member # 1015

posted January 09, 2008 17:17     Profile for 00100   Email 00100     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks tons. I got a red flag cause the ad says one of four and the Liberatore site say that there were only 3 customs done for him.

--------------------

Kursk

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted January 09, 2008 17:25     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ok, well i'll ask blacky to look at the photo for you, he'll be around in about an hour but it looks legit to me.
VoivodFan
Member # 1015

posted January 09, 2008 17:33     Profile for 00100   Email 00100     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Excellent, thank you. I will be en route to the guy's place in about 2 and a half hours.

--------------------

Kursk

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted January 09, 2008 17:56     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
WOW!!!! That would be an incredible addition to anyones collection that comes to this forum.

--------------------

yawn

blacky
VoivodFan
Member # 2

posted January 09, 2008 18:25     Profile for blacky   Email blacky     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sorry to disappoint you but this is NOT one of my bass at all, only 3 were ever made by Liberatore for me, and I did sell one to a guy in Montreal in 1991. Also this is not even close to one of my design, it actually look pretty ugly, specially the head stock.
VoivodFan
Member # 1015

posted January 09, 2008 18:41     Profile for 00100   Email 00100     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks for all the feedback. I just talked to the guy... The serial number the guy gave me is 86054. He says he bought it in Verdun PQ and he's had it since 1995. Says that it was verified by Mauro Liberatore. Maybe he got taken for a ride back in the day.

--------------------

Kursk

blacky
VoivodFan
Member # 2

posted January 09, 2008 21:42     Profile for blacky   Email blacky     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
All I can say it is not one of mine for sure.
Ynys Trebes
VoivodFan
Member # 55

posted January 09, 2008 22:30     Profile for Ynys Trebes   Email Ynys Trebes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Jean-Yves, would be cool if you could post pics again of all your Liberatore basses. You probably already did a while ago, but I'm too lazy to search the board... (look at the lazy guy asking the other guy to do the hard work, hehe...)

Merci!

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted January 10, 2008 12:52     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
good luck with that, he's so busy i literally harassed him into checking this topic.

sorry it didn't work out 00100, good thing you did some asking around, i guess!

VoivodFan
Member # 1015

posted January 10, 2008 14:24     Profile for 00100   Email 00100     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks again Nia and Jean-Yves. Yeah, Kursk! There are at least 6 bands with that name, though I did search before we settled on it. Only one of them ever threatened to sue. The name is more a referrence to the effect that being in a sub at the bottom of a sea has on your political identity, or the magnetic anomaly... but comments on the music are definitely welcome.

--------------------

Kursk

blacky
VoivodFan
Member # 2

posted January 10, 2008 21:44     Profile for blacky   Email blacky     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
In case anyone is really interested, Mauro can build you one of my bass design from scratch or anything design you like. I'm not saying this is not a Liberatore, I can't really tell from the image, but I did not design that or Piggy or any member of Voivod, that is certain. One last thing, Mauro build my first bass in 1986 and the serial is 1864 so during that period he was using only four digit serial numbering, 1=bass 86=yr 4=4th build(?). Later he started using a different serial numbering, my 5 string bass as the serial 89113, which is 89=yr made and 113=instrument made since he started making guitar.
jf
VoivodFan
Member # 645

posted January 11, 2008 08:57     Profile for jf   Email jf     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I thought the roundish cutout on the bottom of that bass was pretty much tell tale of not being one of yours. I really can't remember anything even remotely roundish about your basses. Playing one seated generally meant you had to drive a stake through your thigh

happy extremely belated birthday, old thing.

--------------------

(11) Le texte original dit quatorze, mais maintes raisons invitent à supposer que, dans la bouche d'Astérion, ce nombre représente l'infini.

VoivodFan
Member # 1015

posted January 11, 2008 18:25     Profile for 00100   Email 00100     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm in touch with Mauro right now, waiting to hear back from him about it. I just want confirmation whether this guy doesn't know what he's saying or he's trying to scam someone... I'll post the reply when I get it.

--------------------

Kursk

Mind Running Slow
VoivodFan
Member # 331

posted January 12, 2008 01:07     Profile for Mind Running Slow   Email Mind Running Slow     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Dude, FORGET about it already!!!

It's just a HAMER 'Gibson Firebird-extra-evil-looking' rip off of a Liberatore.... type of thing...

VoivodFan
Member # 1015

posted January 16, 2008 12:13     Profile for 00100   Email 00100     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mind Running Slow:
Dude, FORGET about it already!!!

It's just a HAMER 'Gibson Firebird-extra-evil-looking' rip off of a Liberatore.... type of thing...

I'll get right on that, but thanks for your contribution after the fact, real helpful advice.

--------------------

Kursk

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan