my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Next week is my first time in America !!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Next week is my first time in America !!
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted December 15, 2007 14:39     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hee, Next week is my first time in America !! I will be flying on Hartford airport and then drive to Tarrytown. Any familiair with this area? I will be visiting Siemens Diagnostics for my job. We are going to engineer a frame in a machine of them.

Anyone living around there? Any suggestions visiting in the evening? Is this a long way from Manhattan?

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

|  IP: Logged
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted December 15, 2007 17:06     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh man, that'll be a great trip. NYC is crazy fun. Hope you have a great time......
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted December 15, 2007 20:45     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Lock your doors, keep your windows rolled up tight, don't talk to strangers, make sure you are inside and safe before the sun goes down, don't look at anyone for more than 2 1/2 seconds, don't drink the water, don't eat at fast food places, always wash your hands whenever you touch ANYTHING, don't use public toilets, beware of pigeons (they are rats with wings), beware of rats (they're messangers from hell), wear a breathing mask or you will die from the pollution, don't eat yellow snow, don't buy drugs on the street corner, use a condom if you're paying for a hooker, wear sunglasses all the time so they can't see your eyes, don't flash any maoney larger than a 5 dollar bill, carry a weapon for protection, other than those suggestions for your first visit to the states... have FUN

--------------------

yawn

Mind Running Slow
VoivodFan
Member # 331

posted December 15, 2007 21:46     Profile for Mind Running Slow   Email Mind Running Slow     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
Lock your doors, keep your windows rolled up tight, don't talk to strangers, make sure you are inside and safe before the sun goes down, don't look at anyone for more than 2 1/2 seconds, don't drink the water, don't eat at fast food places, always wash your hands whenever you touch ANYTHING, don't use public toilets, beware of pigeons (they are rats with wings), beware of rats (they're messangers from hell), wear a breathing mask or you will die from the pollution, don't eat yellow snow, don't buy drugs on the street corner, use a condom if you're paying for a hooker, wear sunglasses all the time so they can't see your eyes, don't flash any maoney larger than a 5 dollar bill, carry a weapon for protection, other than those suggestions for your first visit to the states... have FUN

You forgot to mention "WATCH OUT FOR FALLING ROCKS"

Geez, What are trying to do get the poor guy killed on his first visit?

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted December 15, 2007 23:24     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hahaha Schroeder....at first I thought you were warning US about PAUL!!

Too bad we can't have a VVF meeting After Tarrytown, come down to the southwest and visit http://www.tinkertown.com/ But seriously, you must be so excited....or not. Is it the same as an American visiting Europe....exciting?! Anyway, have tons of fun, but don't work too hard.

Oh, and don't forget the cows!

Paulie 88
VoivodFan
Member # 775

posted December 16, 2007 01:34     Profile for Paulie 88   Email Paulie 88     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
NY is about a 3.5 hr drive from the Hartford (CT) area if you don't hit much traffic, I don't know where Tarrytown is though. Good luck!

All the best,
PAULIE (Formerly not too far from Hartford)

--------------------

Voivoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood!
-----------------
DIMESLAND http://youtu.be/2LtFOX6JdVo

tsawyerfam
VoivodFan
Member # 992

posted December 16, 2007 09:33     Profile for tsawyerfam   Email tsawyerfam     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Tarrytown is in Westchester county which is not far off from NYC in a mileage perspective. However traffic from there could make for an interesting journey. I know there is a train which goes in from Tarrytown, although I am not sure how late they run.

When is your trip?

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted December 16, 2007 10:15     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tsawyerfam:
Tarrytown is in Westchester county which is not far off from NYC in a mileage perspective. However traffic from there could make for an interesting journey. I know there is a train which goes in from Tarrytown, although I am not sure how late they run.

When is your trip?

I will be there from monday to thursday next week. If you know how late train runs, i might be going on thursday or wednesday evening.

--------------------

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted December 16, 2007 11:11     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22131872/ !!!
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted December 16, 2007 12:23     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nia:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22131872/ !!!

mmmm thank you for the info, you are so cool.

--------------------

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted December 16, 2007 12:56     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paul:

I bet Paul is really looking forward to coming to NYC now! Why doesn't this happen in my town??

Mind Running Slow
VoivodFan
Member # 331

posted December 16, 2007 22:00     Profile for Mind Running Slow   Email Mind Running Slow     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You got nothing to worry about, Paul. Just tell the girls about how much you LOVE Heavy Metal, and they will flee!
consumer
VoivodFan
Member # 421

posted December 17, 2007 08:39     Profile for consumer   Email consumer     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Not sure where/if you'll end up in NYC but here's a few music stores that may interest you if looking for that kind of thing during your visit. Have fun Paul!!

GENERATION RECORDS (good metal, indie, and used sections)
210 Thompson St.
NYC,NY 10012
phone 212-254-1100

BLEEKER BOBS (smallish but legendary shop for punk/metal - kinda past it's heyday but still has some ok stuff from time to time)
118 West 3rd St.
NYC,NY 10012
phone 212-475-9677

*the two above are walking distance from West 4th St subway stop. take A,C,E, or F train.

VIRGIN MEGASTORE (HUGE chainstore - bit of everything)
1540 Broadway
(Times Square - near intersection of Broadway and 45th st)
NYC,NY 10036
phone 212-912-1020

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted December 17, 2007 11:14     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paul:

well i thought you should know what you're up against. americans are hooooligans!

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted December 22, 2007 12:01     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
How did he hoooolingans treat ya, Paul??
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted December 27, 2007 10:45     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Heeej all.

The things i've seen from America are lissted below:

1. Hartford airport
2. road to Tarrytown
3. Big Hotel, forgot the name :-)
4. Some bars, Rolling Rock tastes like beer...
5. Inside Siemens, TTN

The night we decided to go to Manhatten was the same night we, 10 minutes later, decided not to go downtown, FUCK FUCK FUCK.
To much work in to little time. We had to get our information complete, so no fun trip at all. I will be there again in the end of januari, will go 1 day longer for fun. Already made an appointment with Tom Sawyer from this board, he lives in NJ.

I had the best steak in my live at some steak-chain. Forgot the name... Knife went through like a hot knife through butter.

You americans are all very polite i must say. "How do you do" everywhere. You won't get that in Amsterdam.....

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted December 27, 2007 17:36     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Are you sure you were in the United States
Glad you had a great steak!!!!

--------------------

yawn

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan