my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » EOLB review at Blabbermouth!!!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: EOLB review at Blabbermouth!!!
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted November 28, 2007 08:37     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
End Of Level Boss review at Blabbermouth

Well, looks like our own house band is getting popular, eh?

Sellouts!

Just kidding, congrats guys, here's with the hope that you get to the well deserved top!

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

|  IP: Logged
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted November 28, 2007 09:13     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, those two guys at BBM write very thoughtful, descriptive reviews. Most of the new albums I buy are bought because of what they say. And this one in particular was very well done.
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted November 28, 2007 09:22     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Gotta love the comments about the band name.
Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted November 28, 2007 14:01     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Does the 'technically accomplished musicianship' come on a bonus disc that I didn't get?

hawhawhawhawhawhaw

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted November 28, 2007 14:29     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by h:
Gotta love the comments about the band name.

Harry, where did the bandname come from? How did you come up with it?

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted November 28, 2007 15:23     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Emlyn K Helicopter:
Does the 'technically accomplished musicianship' come on a bonus disc that I didn't get?

hawhawhawhawhawhaw

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted November 28, 2007 21:48     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What a bunch of mindless fuckheads that leave comments on BBM. Someone who doesn't listen to a band based on their name, actually doesn't deserve to listen to something as unique as EOLB, because he'd be stupid to understand the complexity and technical grooves. He needs to crank up his Nickelback disc until his peabrain explodes.

That's a hell of a vocal comparison... two of my favorite singers. Huge compliment as far as I'm concerned.

Great reveiw, I'd buy it if I already didn't pick it up many months ago

--------------------

yawn

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted November 29, 2007 01:56     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paul:
Harry, where did the bandname come from? How did you come up with it?

Not to answer for anyone, but I'd say it was a video game reference; meaning the big, bad ugly motherfucker you have to annihilate to get to the next level. I've always loved their choice of band name.

Congrats on the review!

--------------------

"You have the option to drill additional holes in the label,
causing the record to rotate off the side of the turntable"

-Tom Ellard - Severed Heads

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted November 29, 2007 06:36     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
aaah, i see.

reminds me of the good old Prince of Persia. 12 levels to go through and meeting your inner self ghost at the end. Could never get past him. There was no way to save the game i remember so i had to go through the whole game over and over. Very addicting.....

--------------------

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted November 30, 2007 12:16     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Gin?!?!?

Dontcha mean a bottle of Whiskey?

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

nell
VoivodFan
Member # 171

posted December 01, 2007 20:04     Profile for nell   Email nell     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"shut up and drink yer gin!"

Har.

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted December 02, 2007 07:41     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nell:
"shut up and drink yer gin!"

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan