my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » R.I.P., Vitek (Decapitated Drummer)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: R.I.P., Vitek (Decapitated Drummer)
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted November 02, 2007 07:22     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Drummer Witold "Vitek" Kieltyka of the Polish extreme metal band DECAPITATED passed away in a Russian hospital from injuries sustained in a recent road collision. He was 23 years old.

Vitek and DECAPITATED singer Covan (real name: Adrian Kowanek) were injured in an accident earlier in the week involving DECAPITATED's tour bus and a truck carrying wood in Gomel, on the Russia/Belarus border. Both musicians reportedly sustained serious head injuries in the collision, which is believed to have been the fault of the band's driver (although this has not yet been officially confirmed).

According to the Polish Internet portal Onet.pl, Vitek underwent trepanation, a form of surgery in which a hole is drilled or scraped into the skull, and was due to be transported to a hospital in Krakow, Poland for further treatment.

Covan's family released a statement yesterday (Thursday, November 1) that the vocalist's condition had improved. At the time, the vocalist was still said to be at a hospital in Novozybkov, Russia, where he and Vitek were taken following the accident.

Blabbermouth.

|  IP: Logged
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted November 02, 2007 16:28     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Terrible news, very sad. I only met those guys a few times, I had no idea the drummer was so young. I hope the singer fully recovers.
blacky
VoivodFan
Member # 2

posted November 05, 2007 12:43     Profile for blacky   Email blacky     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Rest in peace my friend, you were an inspiration for many of us. We all going to miss you dearly!

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan