my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » CORONER's 'Death Cult' Demo With TOM G. WARRIOR Available For Download

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: CORONER's 'Death Cult' Demo With TOM G. WARRIOR Available For Download
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted October 31, 2007 14:38     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
OFCOURSE I HAVE THE ORIGINAL VERSION OF THIS ONE BUT FOR ALL YOU:

CORONER's 1986 "Death Cult" demo has been made available for download at MetalKult.com.

Originally part of the road crew for fellow countrymen CELTIC FROST, Swiss thrash trio CORONER — made up of bassist Ron Royce, drummer Marquis Marky and guitarist Tommy T. Baron — went on to become one of the most progressive extreme metal acts of the Eighties.

The connection between the Zurich band and CELTIC FROST was so strong, in fact, that CELTIC FROST frontman Tom G. Warrior offered to handle vocals for the emerging band's demo. Warrior and CORONER entered Switzerland's Magnetix studio on October 10, 1985, and nine days later they walked out with the impressive four-song 1986 release, "Death Cult".

While subsequent bootlegged CDs included the bonus tracks of "Arrogance in Uniform" and "Hate, Fire, Blood", the original four-track demo consisted of the following tracks: "Spectators of Sin", "Spiral Dream", "Aerial Combat" and "The Invincible". (Only "Spiral Dream" would make it onto CORONER's 1987 debut LP, "R.I.P.")

Go to MetalKult.com now to download this classic gem of progressive thrash metal.

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

|  IP: Logged
Mind Running Slow
VoivodFan
Member # 331

posted October 31, 2007 22:31     Profile for Mind Running Slow   Email Mind Running Slow     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Can't resist a potential Coroner thread.

Cool thing about some of the DeathCult tracks is you can tell where they "over did it" length-wise with some of the riffs/arrangements/parts, and how that was streamlined by the time of R.I.P

CORONER STILL RULES!

HAPPY HELLOWEEN!

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted November 03, 2007 14:59     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Damn, I wonder if I have this. I'll have a look...nothing as good as classic Coroner!

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan