my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » MINISTRY/KILLING JOKE Bassist PAUL RAVEN Dead At 46

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: MINISTRY/KILLING JOKE Bassist PAUL RAVEN Dead At 46
AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted October 21, 2007 10:27     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
From Blabbermouth:

MINISTRY bassist Paul Raven was found dead yesterday (Saturday, October 20) in a private home in a small French village on the Swiss border after suffering an apparent heart attack. Raven (who is also known for his work with KILLING JOKE and PRONG) was in Geneva working with French recording artists TREPONEM PAL on their new release alongside drummer Ted Parsons (PRONG) and members of THE YOUNG GODS.

Born in Wolverhampton, UK on January 16, 1961, Paul Vincent Raven established himself with his work in the seminal post-punk/industrial act KILLING JOKE after he replaced the band's original bassist in 1982, recording and touring with the group throughout its most commercially successful period, performing on "Fire Dances", "Night Time" and "Brighter than a Thousand Suns". Throughout his extensive career, Raven participated in other collaborations, including PRONG, MURDER, INC., PIGFACE and GODFLESH. Most recently, Raven was nominated for a 2006 Grammy for "Best Metal Performance" for his work with MINISTRY's Al Jourgensen, with whom he had begun collaborating in late 2005 on the MINISTRY release "Rio Grande Blood". After a 2006 world tour with the group, Raven helped Jourgensen and PRONG's Tommy Victor pen the latest MINISTRY CD, "The Last Sucker", which is also the band's final studio release.

Commented KILLING JOKE keyboardist Reza Udhin: "Paul was a very amazing man who I loved and trusted very much. He always had great ideas, ventures and always looked out for me as if I were a little brother to him.

"I was very fortunate to be in contact with him several times in his last week and I had great conversations with him, we laughed and joked, which was an integral part of his personality.

"We had so much more to do, especially with his own personal project MOB RESEARCH, which I know he was extremely excited about.

"I don't know what more to say, as this is such an unexpected happening for me, as we were only talking a short time ago. I can't believe he is gone.

"Paul will be greatly missed by music fans, friends and mostly his family; his bands will miss him terribly. He was a great man and a unique bass player who has died at such a tragically early age.

"Love to you, brother. I miss you."

Another legend gone too early...

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

|  IP: Logged
Ron Mc Gregor
VoivodFan
Member # 595

posted October 21, 2007 11:05     Profile for Ron Mc Gregor   Email Ron Mc Gregor     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
A really bad news...

R.I.P.

--------------------

VOIVOD STUFF / AUT'CHOSE
http://www.lucienfrancoeur.com/voivod_stuff.html
http://www.lucienfrancoeur.com/voivod_stuff/index.html
http://www.myspace.com/autchose

consumer
VoivodFan
Member # 421

posted October 21, 2007 12:35     Profile for consumer   Email consumer     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Played on some of the best albums ever. Another big loss to the music world. RIP Raven.
Mind Running Slow
VoivodFan
Member # 331

posted October 21, 2007 14:09     Profile for Mind Running Slow   Email Mind Running Slow     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
R.I.P.

Gonna crank up KJ's "Nightime" tonight.

Cthon
Member # 156

posted October 21, 2007 15:34     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
saw this on the Prong myspace bulletin earlier...

RIP to one of the greats.

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted October 22, 2007 14:20     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cthon:
saw this on the Prong myspace bulletin earlier...

RIP to one of the greats.

That's where I saw it also, ironically enough just after overdosing to THE LAST SUCKER cd for the last couple of days.

damn shame

--------------------

yawn

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted October 23, 2007 01:45     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wow, that is devastating news. I was actually supposed to interview him back in '03, but lost contact after a Hotmail malfunction wiped out my entire inbox & contacts.

R.I.P. to one of the strongest branches of Rock's most diseased Family Tree.

--------------------

"You have the option to drill additional holes in the label,
causing the record to rotate off the side of the turntable"

-Tom Ellard - Severed Heads

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted October 23, 2007 04:59     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just met the man a year ago, knew him 4 years before (A late rider)

I figured Pigface out in '92, and briefly Paul followed.....

RIP, PAUL.

--------------------

Paulie 88
VoivodFan
Member # 775

posted October 26, 2007 20:13     Profile for Paulie 88   Email Paulie 88     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Too young to go.

All the best,
PAULIE

--------------------

Voivoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood!
-----------------
DIMESLAND http://youtu.be/2LtFOX6JdVo

neutronboy2000
VoivodFan
Member # 71

posted October 27, 2007 21:37     Profile for neutronboy2000   Email neutronboy2000     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
F-U-C-K-!!! All the talented musicians are dropping like flies! This was the first time I heard about Raven's passing-I'm a huge Killing Joke listener and their early records are great-especially with Paul's "pulsing,stark electro-throb' bass playing!!! He will be missed..Iron Gang brethren,raise yer glass/mug/skull with ale,grog,mead(whatever the hell ya like to drink) and here's a quick -"To The Death!" toast for his untimely passing...

..."You better shake up your mind cuz if you're just staying blind, integrity you won't find...."

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan