my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » new OVERKILL !!!!!!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: new OVERKILL !!!!!!
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted October 02, 2007 17:54     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Check out overkill's myspace page and you can click on to download the new song "devils in the mist" from the new album Immortalis. Listening to it now and it's another classick Overkill skull crusher.

I can't wait for Octocer 9th when this cd hits the stores!!!!

--------------------

yawn

|  IP: Logged
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted October 02, 2007 19:02     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I tried to like it. I really tried.
Mind Running Slow
VoivodFan
Member # 331

posted October 02, 2007 21:22     Profile for Mind Running Slow   Email Mind Running Slow     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Predictable, boring re-hash-a-thrash-a.

Thanks, but no thanks.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted October 04, 2007 17:41     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I know Overkill isn't really breaking down any new barriers when it comes to their music, but I've always loved their classic speed thrash and they consistantly put out great thrash music... moreso that any other band from back in the day. Their music still makes me wanna push the gas pedal to the floor and scream my lungs out and jump around like I'm possessed. Even with all the lineup changes, Blitz and DD have kept the Overkill nightmare alive thru the years and I for one am glad.

Some bands don't have to change their style to keep me interested as long as they still know how to shred, and rip and tear. Bands like Overkill, Motorhead, Exodus, Kreator etc just need to keep creating classick thrash and I'll keep buying it.

--------------------

yawn

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted October 04, 2007 19:06     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I dont mind bands not changing their style... hell, i'm a huge King Diamond fan and everything he's been doing since 1987 sounds alike! I just expect it to be good, and Overkill since Necroshine simply isnt very good. I gave Immortalis a listen, and halfway thru I just couldnt stand it anymore.

Maybe, like King did recently with both The Puppet Master and Give Me Your Soul, they'll eventually write memorable stuff again.

For what it's worth, I played the SHIT outta "I Hear Black" recently. I love that one.

Mind Running Slow
VoivodFan
Member # 331

posted October 04, 2007 23:30     Profile for Mind Running Slow   Email Mind Running Slow     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My Momma always told me: "Thrash is as Thrash does."

Good Golly, I miss my Momma.

Paulie 88
VoivodFan
Member # 775

posted October 26, 2007 20:20     Profile for Paulie 88   Email Paulie 88     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I didn't really like anything they did since losing Gustafson, but I have liked what I've heard off the new one so far, HARD ATTACK plays some on Sirius... I'm pretty picky about thrash in general, since it's my favorite sound. It has more of "the bash factor" as I call it, moreso than several past efforts. Nice.

All the best,
PAULIE

--------------------

Voivoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood!
-----------------
DIMESLAND http://youtu.be/2LtFOX6JdVo

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted October 26, 2007 20:38     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
There are bands I know will just do what they do best and that's cool with me. I wouldn't really want them to deviate to far from the sound that made them what they are. I can always count on knowing what to expect and that usually makes me happy. Overkill, Kreator, Exodus all fit that bill... I know I'll be getting metal when they release an album!!!!

BTW: The new EXODUS i9s classick Exodus and just what I expected. Nothing ground breaking, just Exodus pure and simple and violent

--------------------

yawn

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted October 26, 2007 21:04     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Speaking of Overkill, I found this on Youtube the other day:
http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=0Lcshsk9v8Y

I had *no* idea that they had EVER played "Soulitude" live! I smiled for a week.

That entire Horrorscope tour bootleg video is on Youtube. It's awesome! The Cannavino / Gant lineup was my favorite.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan