my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Away's new interview about Kosmos and Voivod

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Away's new interview about Kosmos and Voivod
Ron Mc Gregor
VoivodFan
Member # 595

posted September 05, 2007 07:12     Profile for Ron Mc Gregor   Email Ron Mc Gregor     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I hope this is a new interview - haven't seen this link before...
http://heavymetal.about.com/od/interviews/a/kosmosinterview.htm

--------------------

VOIVOD STUFF / AUT'CHOSE
http://www.lucienfrancoeur.com/voivod_stuff.html
http://www.lucienfrancoeur.com/voivod_stuff/index.html
http://www.myspace.com/autchose

|  IP: Logged
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted September 05, 2007 10:34     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"In the meantime I’m very busy reissuing the Noise catalog that is now on Century: Rrröööaaarrr, Killing Technology and Dimension Hatröss. They are going to be remastered and re-released with a bonus DVD of the Voivod archives from the ‘80s. We had the Iron Gang back then, a mail order where we would sell cassettes and stuff like that. Quite often people sent me VHS tapes and cassettes of shows we played and photos. . For Rrröööaaarrr I found the first show in the U.S. with Venom in 1985 on VHS and also a very early show in January 1984 in Quebec and also a high school show in ’84. I just wrapped it up and I’m working on Killing Technology and Dimension Hatröss. Later on next year we’re going to work on Nothingface, Angel Rat and The Outer Limits.

Are there any release dates set yet?
Rrröööaaarrr is going to come out for Christmas, and early next year Killing Technology and Dimension Hatröss will be released on Century Media. The others will be released on The End. There is one record that is still in limbo, Nothingface. It’s in legal limbo, but I’m going to sort that out very soon. Then we’ve got to take care of the material from the ‘90s as a trio with Eric Forrest. They should come out as a box set also with a DVD. It’s time consuming, but it’s worth it.

We’re also working on a DVD with the Jason Newsted lineup from 2001 and on. We have a lot of footage. It’s going to be interesting.

Will we see Voivod on tour again?
Once we are done with the next album in early 2008 we hope to do some kind of farewell tour to pay tribute to Piggy’s music. Andreas Kisser (Sepultura) already agreed to help us if we need to play Katorz and the next album live. That’s something we’ve been hoping to achieve. There’s nothing confirmed, but we hope to do some sort of tribute to Piggy live eventually."

My wallet is not going to like this

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted September 05, 2007 17:45     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted September 06, 2007 00:14     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Later on next year we’re going to work on Nothingface, Angel Rat and The Outer Limits.

FUCK YES!!! I was kinda getting scared there for awhile...

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

RIFLEFIST
VoivodFan
Member # 180

posted September 10, 2007 20:06     Profile for RIFLEFIST   Email RIFLEFIST     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
We need some down home canadian dates for that tour les gars.
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted September 10, 2007 20:46     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It wouldve been nice if they wouldve jammed something at the tribute the other day.
GarbageDay
VoivodFan
Member # 361

posted September 11, 2007 10:24     Profile for GarbageDay   Email GarbageDay     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Looking forward to this Kosmos record a lot!

--------------------

www.molokovellocet.com

Syl Disjonk
VoivodFan
Member # 148

posted September 11, 2007 12:00     Profile for Syl Disjonk   Email Syl Disjonk     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm going to buy it NOW !

--------------------

Remembered in space....
to the DEATH...... et à l'INFINI
www.disjonk.com
Ethereal Chrysalis

VOIVOD tribute video We Are Connected

VOIVOD: Kluskap O' Kom music video

ETHEREAL CHRYSALIS - Lovecraftian fantastic short film directed by Syl Disjonk

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted September 12, 2007 17:35     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Placed my order for this with The End just yesterday. Can't wait to soak in the Kosmos!

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan