my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Just sold some rare tapes on Ebay

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Just sold some rare tapes on Ebay
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted September 03, 2007 13:45     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I auctioned off 2 mega rare Porcupine Tree tapes on Ebay and they ended Sunday night. The bids went beyond any expectation I had and even though it was tough for me to sell 2 PT items that I knew were rare and didn't really want to part with, the final prices made the pain go away quickly. Now I just need to receive payment. The winnewr has been buying big ticket items lately and have 100% feedback so I'm not worried about the deal getting finallized. Who said collecting music isn't a good investment?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=190146706517&ssPageName=STRK:MESO:IT&ih=009
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=190146708645&ssPageName=STRK:MESO:IT&ih=009

--------------------

yawn

|  IP: Logged
Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted September 03, 2007 13:55     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Holy crap dude! Those are insane prices. That buyer must be made of money. I hope he's legit. Good work!
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted September 03, 2007 13:57     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Holy shit batman! I think it's your round!
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted September 03, 2007 15:23     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Fuking hell. good for you. He Schroeder, i am wondering..... did you ever buy something that price in music?

The most expensive stuff i ever bought are KISS bootlegs on vinyl and they are under $50,- normally.... Oh yeah not to forget the 2 Voivod picdiscs for €50,-

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted September 03, 2007 17:32     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I bought this for $15 on ebay....

http://www.spicygear.com/content/product/large/astonmoorepussy.jpg

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted September 03, 2007 17:43     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paul:
Fuking hell. good for you. He Schroeder, i am wondering..... did you ever buy something that price in music?

The most expensive stuff i ever bought are KISS bootlegs on vinyl and they are under $50,- normally.... Oh yeah not to forget the 2 Voivod picdiscs for €50,-

I bet what the Schroedman spends a year on music is frightening............

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted September 03, 2007 17:51     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've dropped insane amount od $$$ on items from Pearl Jam, Porcupine Tree, and King Crimson. I have a bunch of mega rare stuff from these bands, and a swirled colored vinyl from IEM (steven wilson side project) where only one in the world exists (mine) because they used the remaining colors of wax left over from the 5 different colors they were using for a limited edition 12inch of 100 each to create this special version.

It's nice to know that some of these investments can really pay off. It's just hard to get myself to let go of things I enjoy having. It's also smart to start collecting a band before prices go thru the roof and they are out of reach except for those with a lot of expendable money... thats not me anymore.

--------------------

yawn

Cthon
Member # 156

posted September 03, 2007 18:22     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
im figuring all the completely rare Dax Riggs stuff i bought from him online over the years will probably be waaaay up there one day.

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted September 03, 2007 19:43     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BlackCloud:
I bought this for $15 on ebay....

http://www.spicygear.com/content/product/large/astonmoorepussy.jpg

Used? Brings a new meaning to 'second hand'.

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted September 04, 2007 13:37     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Geeesus! That's alot of money for a tape! Hope it doesn't get eaten by the tape player...
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted September 04, 2007 19:32     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm thinking the guy is like me and a hardcore collector of Porcupine Tree and won't even play it. Just having it as part of your collection gives you lots of bragging rights. These were released before Steven Wilson even contemplated getter real members for the band and before anything was recorded onto vinyl or disc. It's kinda like Iron Maiden's Soundhouse Tapes (which was actually a 7 inch)... I had an original of that a long time ago and made some good profits on selling it (although I do wish I still had it).

--------------------

yawn

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted September 05, 2007 19:04     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

That kicks ass schroeder! I have to admit I drooled over the thought of having those sit in a drawer in my dirty little house for about a millisecond...then I thought...AS IF. How'd you come by those anyway?

Gawd, I love rabid (silly, maniacal, basement dwelling) music fans.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted September 06, 2007 18:14     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I was lucky enough to be a fanatical PT collector when things like those tapes and lots of other items i purchased for my collection were resonably priced or just released and limited. I might have paid $25 - $40 for each one years ago.

--------------------

yawn

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted September 15, 2007 05:14     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That blows my mind, Dave. What a fuckin payout!! (oh yeah, did he? haha)

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted September 15, 2007 20:16     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
All paid, and everything is golden!!!
I'm still blown away by this auction, but the money sure did come in handy for my girlfriend's birthday, house projects, new music, and saving a bit.

--------------------

yawn

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted September 17, 2007 11:42     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
All paid, and everything is golden!!!
I'm still blown away by this auction, but the money sure did come in handy for my girlfriend's birthday, house projects, new music, and saving a bit.

New music???
We should have known!

--------------------

Paulie 88
VoivodFan
Member # 775

posted October 12, 2007 21:19     Profile for Paulie 88   Email Paulie 88     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
1) I'm glad you got respectable prices for items that you cherish, I know how hard it was for me to sell my Pink Floyd collection, I'm glad the sales were good for you.

2) Who the fuck is Porcupine Tree???

All the best,
PAULIE

--------------------

Voivoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood!
-----------------
DIMESLAND http://youtu.be/2LtFOX6JdVo

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted October 12, 2007 23:39     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Porcupine Tree is something that i never heard of except for the name up until about 2 weeks ago, when i finally sat down and listened to Fear of a Blank Planet.

I'll never be the same again.

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted October 13, 2007 13:59     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think Paulie's new signature should read:

"Where the hell have I been?"
PAULIE

But seriously Paulie, Schroeder is getting everyone hooked on them. They're a damn good band and I hear Luna and Slug are going to Dallas to see PT.

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted October 13, 2007 14:26     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hypergrrl:
I think Paulie's new signature should read:

"Where the hell have I been?"
PAULIE

But seriously Paulie, Schroeder is getting everyone hooked on them. They're a damn good band and I hear Luna and Slug are going to Dallas to see PT.

Uhm, you forgot the All the best,line...haha.

Yes, fugly Dallas, here we come! And just so you know, this is THE TOUR of 2007.

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted October 15, 2007 14:20     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skulhed:
Porcupine Tree is something that i never heard of except for the name up until about 2 weeks ago, when i finally sat down and listened to Fear of a Blank Planet.

I'll never be the same again.

Hopefully in a good way!!!!?????
Hands down my favorite band, and has been for many years. They just have such a diverse and original sound that encompasses everything I love about music (and some things I hate, but they make it work). If you haven't listened to them before the best thing I can say is to go buy something, because it would be tough to pinned their stlye down in words, and just listening to one song wouldn't even begin to give you an idea of what they are capable of. If you want to download one song, try Arriving Somewhere But Not Here, which is a long tune and goes thru a lot of changes... that might give you a vague idea of what they are about.

NP: Agent Steel "Alienigma"

--------------------

yawn

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan