my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » What? ...Really?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What? ...Really?
St. Mike
VoivodFan
Member # 570

posted July 16, 2007 12:57     Profile for St. Mike   Email St. Mike     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=76844

--------------------

ARE YOU MORBID?

|  IP: Logged
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted July 16, 2007 15:17     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Andreas Kisser is indeed the best pick for Voivod to fill Piggys shoes. But if ya tour -> tour Europe first will yah..................

oh please........

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted July 16, 2007 15:51     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Andreas Kisser is a great guitar player and his playing will without doubt come close to that of Piggy's, but of course nobody can fill Piggy's shoes. Voivod without Piggy will be like Led Zep without Jimmy Page for me. The sound will be there, but not the heart and soul...

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted July 16, 2007 15:53     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AngelRat:
Andreas Kisser is a great guitar player and his playing will without doubt come close to that of Pigyt's, but of course nobody can fill Piggy's shoes. Voivod without Piggy will be like Led Zep without Jimmy Page for me. The sound will be there, but not the heart and soul...

You're right but i would want to see just one more time. Especially since the last time they visited Europe was in 2000 (or was it 2001??)

--------------------

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted July 16, 2007 16:14     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
2000 I think. They supported Therion. Hearing those classics one more time live will be cool, but I think they the remaining members should move on after that. A full-time reunion will be like The Beatles reforming.

I'm looking forward to the Kosmos cd though!

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted July 16, 2007 22:35     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Andreas Kisser is NOT that good of a guitarist. Not good enough to play what Piggy did. I don't think he'd be able to play the crazy chords, let alone figure them out in the first place. He sucks at lead too and would butcher Piggy's solos. They'd just turn into the usual noisy mess that Kisser does.
nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted July 17, 2007 00:22     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Last tour Voivod did not come to New Orleans. I had to fly to Dallas to see them. With the utmost respect for Snake and Away and their decision to move ahead, I don't think I would travel like that again to see someone try and replicate Piggy. Shit, I'm still trying to accept Eric and Jason.

If I were in their shoes and still had the drive and desire to create, then I would do the same thing. It's best for an artist, especially ones like Voivod, to keep looking forward. That's why they've got so much incredible and ground-breaking material to their credit, but with it comes a legacy that is sometimes impossible for others to live up to.

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted July 17, 2007 16:14     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have no problem at all seeing Kisser play Voivod tunes.

--------------------

Mind Running Slow
VoivodFan
Member # 331

posted July 17, 2007 17:41     Profile for Mind Running Slow   Email Mind Running Slow     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I hope this is true. I agree that Piggy can't be replaced any more than Jimmy Page, Pete Townsend, Toni Iommi, or Alex Liefson could.

But what other guitarist besides Andreas is as passionate or sincere about playing Piggy's stuff?

At this point, I'd be happy enough just to hear/see the Katorz songs live.

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted July 17, 2007 19:18     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I could'nt think of a more difficult test. Just as well to be standing in for Page or Hendrix, in my book..

I am going to call him Rocky and recommend he take 2 raw eggs every morning along with complete sensory depraviation from every thing other than VoiVod discography, Piggy is even bigger compared to that russian guy in part 4.

cant wait to hear it !

Om...

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted July 18, 2007 06:51     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I can't even fathom this.............Of course I would still go to see the show...
Paulie 88
VoivodFan
Member # 775

posted August 19, 2007 23:20     Profile for Paulie 88   Email Paulie 88     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If the show played for free, walking disance from my house, I would still not go.

All the best,
PAULIE

--------------------

Voivoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood!
-----------------
DIMESLAND http://youtu.be/2LtFOX6JdVo

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted August 20, 2007 06:25     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Paulie 88:
If the show played for free, walking disance from my house, I would still not go.

yeah, right...

--------------------

Simon6
VoivodFan
Member # 187

posted August 22, 2007 04:56     Profile for Simon6   Email Simon6     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Give Voivod a chance.

Maybe we will be surprised.

--------------------

What the...?

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted August 22, 2007 11:03     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Andreas is a great guitarrist, no doubt about that. The "usual noisy whatever" he does in Sepultura is just a minimal part of his skills.

But anyway these are huge shoes to fill, I wouldn't know what to expect. But I would go to the show, that's for sure.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted August 23, 2007 12:01     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Slaytanic:
Andreas is a great guitarrist, no doubt about that. The "usual noisy whatever" he does in Sepultura is just a minimal part of his skills.

But anyway these are huge shoes to fill, I wouldn't know what to expect. But I would go to the show, that's for sure.

Aren't you moved to see that Voivod might become a QuebecoAmericanoBrazilian band? They could rename the band Tower of Babel!

Paulie 88
VoivodFan
Member # 775

posted August 23, 2007 20:33     Profile for Paulie 88   Email Paulie 88     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paul:
yeah, right...

Well, I suppose you're right, I'd go if Blacky was there.

Crabby about it all,
PAULIE

--------------------

Voivoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood!
-----------------
DIMESLAND http://youtu.be/2LtFOX6JdVo

nunoPT
VoivodFan
Member # 379

posted August 25, 2007 02:48     Profile for nunoPT   Email nunoPT     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Maldororz:
Aren't you moved to see that Voivod might become a QuebecoAmericanoBrazilian band? They could rename the band Tower of Babel!

that "if" possible would be great, finally someone in "Tower of Babel" i've talked some years ago in good ol'Slaytanic's and nuno's language
of course Piggy is irreplaceable(no doubt whatsoever about it), lets see what Andreas can do.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan