my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » RIP Harry

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: RIP Harry
Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted May 08, 2007 05:57     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
While trying to research the height of Bill Steer (my bird wants to know - apparently he chatted her up the other day) I discovered that on Firebird's Wikipedia entry our Harry is listed as the current bass player, and a link suggested he has his ownWikipedia entry!

Imagine my shock and surprise to discover that he died in 1951 - especially as I was enjoying a nice pint with him just last Saturday evening!

Also - I figured him for a pianist but not really as a boxer.

Henry 'Harry' Armstrong (right, with Cat Stevens)
July 22, 1879 - February 28, 1951

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

|  IP: Logged
shargraves
VoivodFan
Member # 575

posted May 08, 2007 07:26     Profile for shargraves   Email shargraves     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ha ha ha -

Also - I reckon Bill is 5' 10". At least he was about that last time I saw him

--------------------

Steven Hargraves
Rhythm Guitar in Monstrance
https://www.facebook.com/monstranceofficial

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted May 08, 2007 10:31     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What a lovely goddamned picture that is.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted May 08, 2007 10:50     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
RIP
We will sing Sweet Adeline in memory.

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted May 08, 2007 11:40     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Who's the Paki in the picture?
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted May 09, 2007 06:32     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Psycho Duo!!!
great photo, I'm assuming H is holding at least one beer!!!

Glad the real mr armstrong is still alive and drinkin'

--------------------

yawn

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted May 09, 2007 08:56     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's surprising how their eyes are all white and wide open...

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted May 09, 2007 09:04     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Maldororz:
It's surprising how their eyes are all white and wide open...

Photoshop.

--------------------

Hellrider
VoivodFan
Member # 980

posted May 09, 2007 12:56     Profile for Hellrider   Email Hellrider     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wow, lovely hair you've got, both of you guys.

--------------------

"Love your enemies just in case your friends turn out to be a bunch of bastards." - R. A. Dickson

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted May 09, 2007 13:39     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Don't they look cute together? Ahhhhhhhhhh

--------------------

String em up

Hellrider
VoivodFan
Member # 980

posted May 09, 2007 13:54     Profile for Hellrider   Email Hellrider     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ooooh, can we start a fan club?

--------------------

"Love your enemies just in case your friends turn out to be a bunch of bastards." - R. A. Dickson

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted May 09, 2007 22:26     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
looks like your lipstick got smeared from smooching.

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted May 17, 2007 04:02     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Dammit. I move house and don't have an internet connection for 2 weeks, and in the process I miss my own death. Fuck it. Was there a good piss up?

Good to see you Mr Helichopper. Will we be enjoying the honour again on Weds?

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted May 17, 2007 05:09     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nah, I've seen End of Level Boss before. They are not current enough for my tastes.

--------------------

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted May 17, 2007 08:12     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by h:
Will we be enjoying the honour again on Weed?

Fixed a typo, there. Don't thank me.

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted May 17, 2007 10:35     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

Fuck...when you guys playing here?!?

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted May 19, 2007 11:41     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Caption that photo:

"Yep, we smoked it all!"

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted May 25, 2007 18:22     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by h:
Dammit. I move house and don't have an internet connection for 2 weeks, and in the process I miss my own death. Fuck it. Was there a good piss up?

Good to see you Mr Helichopper. Will we be enjoying the honour again on Weds?

!!!

Oh, the dead are rising from their tombs. Is it armaggeddon time already? Thought I could sleep another five minutes.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted May 28, 2007 12:46     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Slaytanic:
!!!

Oh, the dead are rising from their tombs. Is it armaggeddon time already? Thought I could sleep another five minutes.

You know the old saying:

When there's no more room in hell, the Dead will walk the Earth

I'm just surprised they ran out of room so quick!

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan