my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Post-Blacky/Outer Limits question

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Post-Blacky/Outer Limits question
Paulie 88
VoivodFan
Member # 775

posted May 05, 2007 22:31     Profile for Paulie 88   Email Paulie 88     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Though I totally worship Blacky, I did enjoy Outer Limits a lot... Although I would agree that he could never truly be "replaced" in the band, why is it that the Outer Limits lineup and touring band was a 3-piece Voivod plus a stand-in bassist? Were Voivod still damaged by Blacky's departure? Or maybe that bassist didn't WANT to be fully on board as a full-fledged member? I'm hoping that some of you smartypants fans could fill in some details here, thanks!

Praying for an expanded Outer Limits too,
PAULIE

--------------------

Voivoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood!
-----------------
DIMESLAND http://youtu.be/2LtFOX6JdVo

|  IP: Logged
BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted May 06, 2007 02:21     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Denis "Snake" Belanger, vocals; Denis "Piggy" d'Amour, guitars, keyboards; Michel "Away" Langevin, drums; with "additional musicians"

*source*
http://www.progreviews.com/reviews/display.php?rev=voi-ar

I'm sorry, but I thought (and still think) it was extremely gay (as in stupid) that Blacky wasn't credited as a member of the band for AR!

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted May 06, 2007 08:33     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BlackCloud:
*source*
http://www.progreviews.com/reviews/display.php?rev=voi-ar

I'm sorry, but I thought (and still think) it was extremely gay (as in stupid) that Blacky wasn't credited as a member of the band for AR!

I agree, it's like what Iommi did with Nicholes and Appice for the Live Evil album

--------------------

yawn

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted May 06, 2007 09:41     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Paulie 88:
Or maybe that bassist didn't WANT to be fully on board as a full-fledged member?

bingo!
http://www.myspace.com/pierrestjean

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted May 07, 2007 01:21     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nia:

http://www.myspace.com/pierrestjean

Unfortunately, the "cheese" indicator doesn't go to eleven here. Ugh.

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted May 07, 2007 09:45     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hahahahaaaaaa... Cheddarrieeeeeeeeee.

--------------------

String em up

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted May 07, 2007 14:24     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
whatevs haters, p st-j is a nice guy.
Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted May 07, 2007 16:06     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
...and sounds very very good on TOL, I like his playing on that album. Too bad I've never heard anything else he's done...listening now to the sample tunes on his site...

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted May 07, 2007 17:01     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
He's fucking crazy... i like him!
nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted May 08, 2007 01:27     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
whatevs haters, p st-j is a nice guy.

I'm not a hater.

NightSod
VoivodFan
Member # 133

posted May 08, 2007 09:20     Profile for NightSod   Email NightSod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The bass sound to "Wrong Way Street" is what made me pick up a bass guitar and attempt to learn it...

...though admittedly, I put it back down soon afterwards.

I don't think their bass has ever leapt out at me since then. sorry.

Expanding the theme, I felt there was a real sympatico between Away and PstJ in the palying and I bet that tour was an absolute blast. (it's my favourite 'vod album btw.)

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted May 09, 2007 07:33     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nothingface:

I'm not a hater.

and your sense of humour is intact as well.

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted May 10, 2007 09:07     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"Sarcasm Queen
Young and sweet
Only seventeen..."

*sings and shakes ass*

Syl Disjonk
VoivodFan
Member # 148

posted May 10, 2007 13:10     Profile for Syl Disjonk   Email Syl Disjonk     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Maldororz:
"Sarcasm Queen
Young and sweet
Only seventeen..."

*sings and shakes ass*

There's a "GREAT" song from WINGER called Seventeen.... I know there's lots of fan on this board.

For those of you who have doubt about the quality of the song you can watch the video and wonder if the images are even worst !

--------------------

Remembered in space....
to the DEATH...... et à l'INFINI
www.disjonk.com
Ethereal Chrysalis

VOIVOD tribute video We Are Connected

VOIVOD: Kluskap O' Kom music video

ETHEREAL CHRYSALIS - Lovecraftian fantastic short film directed by Syl Disjonk

Nate Carson
VoivodFan
Member # 97

posted May 16, 2007 23:54     Profile for Nate Carson   Email Nate Carson     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
TOL was the first Voivod tour I got to see (they opened for Fight). I was dying to see them on Nothingface, but the venue was 21+ and I was not...

Anyway, the show was fantastic. If anything, the weak link that night was Snake trying to be Robert Plant and smiling a little too much (considering the darkness of songs like Tornado and Lost Machine...).

I don't think this band has ever had a slacker for a bass player.

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted May 17, 2007 06:35     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Syl Disjonk:
There's a "GREAT" song from WINGER called Seventeen.... I know there's lots of fan on this board.

For those of you who have doubt about the quality of the song you can watch the video and wonder if the images are even worst !

Hahahhaaaaa that is terrible

--------------------

String em up

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted May 17, 2007 18:54     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Syl Disjonk:

Haha. I actually worked on a Kip Winger video shoot in 1996-97. Oh, the embarassing gigs I have taken on during my life...

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted May 23, 2007 05:25     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
and your sense of humour is intact as well.

Eh. It's one of the many things I lost in the divorce.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan