my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » New name for the band (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: New name for the band
ShredTilDead
VoivodFan
Member # 392

posted April 22, 2007 22:47     Profile for ShredTilDead   Email ShredTilDead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Pretty soon there won't be a Voivod anymore, once the well of Piggy's recorded contributions runs dry. They've got one more album coming out, with Piggy...maybe the should call it "Kanz" or something, to go along with "Katorz".

But anyway, once that's released, that leaves Away and Snake to carry on. Jasonic too, other activities permitting. But no guitar player. But if Andres Kisser from Sepultura were to join in, that would be something worth waiting for.

As Blacky said, if Piggy is dead then Voivod is dead. And if the remaining guys decide to continue, they should pick a new name. I was thinking they could by Sepulvod, or Voipultura, but those are stupid.

But then I thought, maybe they could call themselves "V2". It'd be like Voivod 2.0. Also, V2 rockets destroyed London during WWII.

Some might gripe about the fact that those V2 rockets came from Hitler, and that would indeed be a valid complaint. But V2 rockets were the first rockets that were ever used in warfare. And they definitely put fear into the population, just like the fear that Korgull put into all the people trying to escape from the pit.

The name "V2" just sounds cool. To me anyway.

--------------------

My head explodes, my ears ring, I can't remember just where I've been.

|  IP: Logged
Mind Running Slow
VoivodFan
Member # 331

posted April 23, 2007 01:10     Profile for Mind Running Slow   Email Mind Running Slow     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Umm....Sadly, V2 were already a band!. Not just any band, mind you, but a German NOISE band from late 1980's early 1990's. They were 'featured' on one of the Doomsday News videos along with Voivod, Kreator, Celtic Frost etc...And, to put it simply:

-THEY WERE FUCKING RIDICULOUS! THEY HAD AN ALBUM CALLED "OUT TO LAUNCH."

-"ROCK THE CITY" WAS THEIR LEADOFF SINGLE. OMFG!

Why Hell, they made Running Wild look respectable...

So....anyway, 'V2' is a definite scratch.

(sorry for the rant, but you'd understand, if you've seen the video...and are sensitive to certain kinds of cheese.)

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted April 23, 2007 09:04     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
And V2 would be one letter away to U2.
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted April 23, 2007 09:12     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Maldororz:
And V2 would be one letter away to U2.

Yeah, and also from L2. Just keep it Voivod please.

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted April 23, 2007 09:17     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
besides aren't they already at Voivod mach 4 ? I agree with the 2 reasons given for not using V2. Even if there wasn't a band that used the name... V2 does sound cool but the confussion with U2 would be overwhelming. How about KORGULL. That pays tribute to what the band created many years ago, and is a badass name to boot... or has that been take by some band that worshipped Voivod?

Whatever happens, I'm looking forward to the next step for Snake and Away... and Jason if he chooses to stay with them.

--------------------

yawn

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted April 23, 2007 11:50     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What is the guitar player from Union Made doing these days? Now that would be a nice addition. A name change is a good idea. VoiVod is dead.
Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted April 23, 2007 12:58     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mind Running Slow:

So....anyway, 'V2' is a definite scratch.

(sorry for the rant, but you'd understand, if you've seen the video...and are sensitive to certain kinds of cheese.)

God no. Not them. Argh!

--------------------

String em up

ShredTilDead
VoivodFan
Member # 392

posted April 23, 2007 14:53     Profile for ShredTilDead   Email ShredTilDead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Damn. Well so much for my bright idea...I was hoping to win a few $$$ when/if someone ever did a "Help Rename Our Band" contest.

OK, forget V2 then. "Korgull", now that I can live with.

Either way, Voivod without piggy is, uh, well, er...

--------------------

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted April 23, 2007 15:00     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Voigod?

--------------------

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted April 23, 2007 15:40     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Not as silly as Ziltoid.
Coffee time!!!!

--------------------

String em up

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted April 23, 2007 16:37     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oncevod
Weedvod
Wasvod
Xvod
Or if they go skin: oivod

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!
- Excellent, then we can attack in any direction!"

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted April 23, 2007 16:45     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Or in policemen's uniforms -
Voi Plod

Or postmen even. Mehehehe.

--------------------

String em up

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted April 23, 2007 16:56     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by newclear infusion:
Voigod?

teehee.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted April 24, 2007 00:19     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
-throws empty wine bottle at mez...
Mind Running Slow
VoivodFan
Member # 331

posted April 24, 2007 01:26     Profile for Mind Running Slow   Email Mind Running Slow     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hatross:
-throws empty wine bottle at mez...

This just in....

"EMPTY WINE BOTTLE" The new band featuring former members of Voivod, Metallica, Pantera, Blind Melon, Skinny Puppy, and the Beatles, will be releasing their debut album: "Hellyeah-em'all" soon!!!

Stay tuned for an E-card!!!!

RIFLEFIST
VoivodFan
Member # 180

posted April 24, 2007 01:59     Profile for RIFLEFIST   Email RIFLEFIST     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Once VOIVOD always VOIVOD.As long as the spirit of Piggy is around and les gars carry the torch, they can be NOTHING BUT VOIVOD!! Its in the Blood man and you can't change its color!
Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted April 24, 2007 07:05     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mind Running Slow:
...if you've seen the video...and are sensitive to certain kinds of cheese.

Um... you don't happen to have a link to such a video do you? I like cheese.

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted April 24, 2007 09:50     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
'POSTVOD' hahahaha! Thats good Hex.

I dont think they should change the name.
Although, 'KORGULL' as suggested by Schroeder is cool.

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted April 24, 2007 10:54     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
VOÏVOD... Hmmm, I like that name.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Seb YB1
VoivodFan
Member # 129

posted April 24, 2007 12:03     Profile for Seb YB1   Email Seb YB1     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
They can be Voïvod without Blacky and Snake, so they can be Voïvod without Piggy, period !
ShredTilDead
VoivodFan
Member # 392

posted April 24, 2007 14:25     Profile for ShredTilDead   Email ShredTilDead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
> They can be Voïvod without Blacky and Snake, so they can be Voïvod without Piggy, period !

Careful there, you might just end up convincing me...!

--------------------

Paulie 88
VoivodFan
Member # 775

posted April 24, 2007 21:16     Profile for Paulie 88   Email Paulie 88     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:
A name change is a good idea. VoiVod is dead.

Seconded.

Korgull would be a great name, if only they had THAT SOUND, which is long gone.

All the best,
PAULIE

--------------------

Voivoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood!
-----------------
DIMESLAND http://youtu.be/2LtFOX6JdVo

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted April 24, 2007 22:21     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Seb YB1:
They can be Voïvod without Blacky and Snake, so they can be Voïvod without Piggy, period !

that is really retarded. sorry, just my opinion.

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted April 24, 2007 22:33     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've always liked Boirod the only "gay" Voivod tribute band around!!!

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted April 24, 2007 23:51     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Seriously though, no, they can't be Voïvod without Piggy. Not without Piggy.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan