my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » sick Melvins performance with new lineup

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: sick Melvins performance with new lineup
slaydesays
VoivodFan
Member # 911

posted April 04, 2007 11:49     Profile for slaydesays   Email slaydesays     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Man I want to see the new lineup really bad. I saw them in Seattle in 04 and they were awesome then..web page
 |  IP: Logged
NightSod
VoivodFan
Member # 133

posted April 04, 2007 12:29     Profile for NightSod   Email NightSod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You should be excited!

I saw them over Christmas and they were absolutely killer: far and away the best performance I've ever seen from them (that's around four times in that many years.)

("Big Business" played before them and you've reminded me how much I wanted to get some of their sounds into my house as well.)

...a very much better band for the change - who were always good/great anyway. enjoy.

shevil
VoivodFan
Member # 988

posted April 04, 2007 15:27     Profile for shevil   Email shevil     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I saw them with the new line up in London last November and they were great! I am going to see them again in May, they are one of my all time favourite bands (with voivod of course).
BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted April 04, 2007 16:37     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I saw them at the Old Crescent Ballroom in Tacoma back in '89 opening for Nirvana...even bought an Ozma shirt off Buzz from his van.

Haven't really kept track of them after Ozma...Gluey Porch Treatments was also a classic!

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted April 04, 2007 17:05     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Why do you think they have two drummers??

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted April 04, 2007 21:14     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paul:
Why do you think they have two drummers??

Evolution.

I've seen just about every incarnation of the Melvins except this one (which severly needs to happen). Easily one of my top 5 favorite bands of all time.

Hey Blackcloud, I was at show too! My car even broke down afterwards, a typical Tacoma experience for me.

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted April 05, 2007 02:06     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
But do they play Mombius Hibachi?!

--------------------

"You have the option to drill additional holes in the label,
causing the record to rotate off the side of the turntable"

-Tom Ellard - Severed Heads

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted April 05, 2007 02:37     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by X-D:
Hey Blackcloud, I was at show too! My car even broke down afterwards, a typical Tacoma experience for me.

Yeah, I remember seeing you there!

What an awesome show it was, huh? I remember the Melvins opening song "Eye Flys" like it was yesterday...what an intense build up that song has!

*btw...what's up with "The Big Gundown" Mike?

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted April 07, 2007 16:24     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The first time I ever saw them was last New Year's Eve/New Years. Unfortunately, I only remember the first 3 or 4 songs, and Buzzo's hair

Apparantly I tried to cut through the kitchen area of the club like I owned the place and was inches from being thrown out, but luckily some friends bailed me out and I was allowed to stay and "not remember anything else"

--------------------

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted April 07, 2007 19:08     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by newclear infusion:
Buzzo's hair

--------------------

"You have the option to drill additional holes in the label,
causing the record to rotate off the side of the turntable"

-Tom Ellard - Severed Heads

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan