my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » From Cellos to Voivod

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: From Cellos to Voivod
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted March 23, 2007 11:19     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
LES ÉKORCHÉS

There’s lots of talk in Montreal music circles these days about a totally unique project that’s going under the name Les Ékorchés. Les Ékorchés is a band that modestly refuses to call itself a supergroup, but evidently has all the qualifications required to be referred to as such. Featuring within its ranks Michel “Away” Langevin (Voivod), Marc Vaillancourt (B.A.R.F.), Pat Gordon (Ghoulunatics) and Philippe Mius d’Entremont (Maruka), Les Ékorchés is brought to further heights by its off-the-wall premise that sparked the band in the first place: instead of playing straight-ahead metal or hardcore, the group puts forth a visceral, aggressive attack centred around acoustic guitar and cello. Yes, you read that right.

...continued at:
http://www.bravewords.com/features/1000445

|  IP: Logged
X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted March 23, 2007 11:22     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't know if I should be responding more to this cool article or the fact that it was posted by the mysterious #6. Good to see you are alive and hopefully, doing well, sir.

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted March 23, 2007 15:51     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Is it the almighty Kula?
How are things my Mexican hunting friend?

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!
- Excellent, then we can attack in any direction!"

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted March 23, 2007 15:59     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
And it's a DAMN FINE album, too.
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted March 24, 2007 18:23     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i THINK SEEING THE #6 AGAIN ON vvf FORUM IS ONE OF THE BIGGEST STORIES OF THE YEAR... WELCOME BACK

--------------------

yawn

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted March 25, 2007 11:14     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hello to all. I'm alive and doing fine.
Glad to see that everyone here is doing well.

Cheers!

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan