my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » The End Records not in good shape...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The End Records not in good shape...
Ynys Trebes
VoivodFan
Member # 55

posted March 22, 2007 12:39     Profile for Ynys Trebes   Email Ynys Trebes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fsb/fsb_archive/2007/03/01/8402016/index.htm?postversion=2007032109
 |  IP: Logged
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted March 22, 2007 13:57     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"(Katsambas is the only staffer whose skin is neither painted nor punctured)"
Well now, there's his problem right there.

Cool article. Now, I'm off to The End to purchase music I prolly don't need, nor can my bank account afford to pay for.

Long live The End!

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted March 22, 2007 18:32     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I read this the other day. Man, it's like The End is the last honest music label & distributor left in North America. Feeling a little less guitly about my $50 order from them a couple weeks ago.

I think capitolism is a great thing, but in the long run, unchecked, it ultimately makes for bad art.

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted March 22, 2007 20:09     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great article about my favorite label. Although a much cooler place to live than Salt Lake....I don't think I would have moved the company to NYC. Way the hell to expensive....
Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted March 22, 2007 20:21     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It would possibly be hard to do with such large volume, but for the digital side of it i think offering a digital version at the time of the cd purchase would be a nice option. 'instant gratification' while you know you have the hard copy in route thru the mail. After all that is what this generation is all about nowadays.

Most of the purchases i would assume are online anyway.

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted March 23, 2007 08:58     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I read that the other day. Very interseting, and very cool hat they get that kind of mainstream exposure.

The ideas they had about getting the bands more involved is excellent. Having their own bio pages, with maybe some digital downloads is a great idea. Putting together tour packages and working together on merch was another really good one.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted March 24, 2007 18:25     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
anytime i want some hard to find metal cd, or to see what all's out there, THE END has always been a priceless source and they have seen my credit card number plenty of time for orders. it would be a crime if this lable and service met an unfortunate "End".

--------------------

yawn

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted March 24, 2007 21:45     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think the title of this thread is kind of exaggerated. They'll just have to adapt...most good businessmen enjoy a good challenge and this CEO definitely knows what's ahead of him. They will succeed and succeed with flying colors.
Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted March 25, 2007 04:35     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:
I think the title of this thread is kind of exaggerated. They'll just have to adapt...most good businessmen enjoy a good challenge and this CEO definitely knows what's ahead of him. They will succeed and succeed with flying colors.

Let's hope so. Between these guys, Web of Mimicry and Ipecac, I actually give a fuck about record labels for the first time in years.

--------------------

"You have the option to drill additional holes in the label,
causing the record to rotate off the side of the turntable"

-Tom Ellard - Severed Heads

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted March 29, 2007 16:22     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Want to know why The End is number one in music distribution?

I placed an order Sunday. I received my package today (Thursday). AWESOME!

So again why are they number 1?

The answer is so simple its frightening. They actually employ a staff who know how to find a product on an invoice, put that product in a box, and stick it in a mailbox. WOW! If this secret to the business got out.....they might face some serious competition out there.

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted March 30, 2007 06:47     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah okay but I was comparing them to other smaller companies out there(they're number 1 in that field)...like Relapse where you can expect a wait time of a minimum of 3 weeks...You don't think Relapse knows who its target audience is??? Load Records, the indie label out of Providence, where you make an order and are completely ignored and forgotten for several weeks...then when questioned about it act like they'd already sent you the order...when they know they hadn't and are scrambling to find the order that they'd lost (oh how fortunate, thank goodness he told us what he ordered).
Sure I was making a funny in the previous post, but I seriously believe that it is that simple. Because obviously back in the days when the guy was filling orders from his bedroom he had to be doing the same thing. He gave a damn about the people sending him money for his product and realized they would continue to send more if he treated them well.

Paulie 88
VoivodFan
Member # 775

posted April 02, 2007 20:42     Profile for Paulie 88   Email Paulie 88     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It'd be a shame to see them go, the industry sucks overall, digital rights are the only way to hang on for some companies, but in terms of one particular company, you never anticipate it when SOMEONE IN YOUR FINANCIAL DEPARTMENT IS A TOTAL DIPSHIT (ahem). That's all I have to say on this.

All the best,
PAULIE

--------------------

Voivoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood!
-----------------
DIMESLAND http://youtu.be/2LtFOX6JdVo

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan