my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Is this for real?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Is this for real?
Hellrider
VoivodFan
Member # 980

posted March 20, 2007 15:33     Profile for Hellrider   Email Hellrider     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've just read a post on the Chophouse website: apparently, Newsted has confirmed on his myspace page that he'll be touring with Voivod, besides playing on their next album as a guest.

Anyone know any more details about the tour?

--------------------

"Love your enemies just in case your friends turn out to be a bunch of bastards." - R. A. Dickson

|  IP: Logged
X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted March 20, 2007 15:56     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Only post I see there is "Chopouse Is Going Offline For A While...".
http://www.chophouserecords.com/

Sounds like an old posting from about when they were about to record the s/t album.

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

Hellrider
VoivodFan
Member # 980

posted March 20, 2007 16:29     Profile for Hellrider   Email Hellrider     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
There's a post on the Voivod.net forum as well, with today's date, and a link to http://www.myspace.com/officialjasonic

I haven't spotted the relevant info on the link and I don't feel like wading through Jasonic's myspace at the mo - but if anyone has the time and inclination to find out more, please do and let us know!

--------------------

"Love your enemies just in case your friends turn out to be a bunch of bastards." - R. A. Dickson

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted March 20, 2007 17:59     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
From the blog...
quote:
Monday, March 19, 2007
New Voivod Album

It is confirmed that Jason will be on Voivod's next studio album (appearing as a guest). I caught up with Away (Michel Langevin) and he has confirmed that JN will be involved in the recording of the new album and an up-and-coming tour! (And he was cool with us posting it )

We also can tell you all that Jason has been given some of the demos of the new material and will be putting down some bass tracks very soon.

WTF!? Maybe "as a guest" means multiple bass players will be sitting in?
trying to be positive here...

I'll hold my comments on touring for now...

--------------------

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted March 20, 2007 18:31     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by X-D:
Maybe "as a guest" means multiple bass players will be sitting in?

Well...maybe that means they will use the mighty "Black one" as well then!

Obviously, the ultimate question remains...who could fill Piggy's shoes?

(maybe they'll use my idea as having the two guitarists from Blackloud???)

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

nunoPT
VoivodFan
Member # 379

posted March 21, 2007 18:23     Profile for nunoPT   Email nunoPT     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Andreas K. ?
BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted March 22, 2007 01:16     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hexonutz:
Can't comment about two, but Dan should be able to pull that trick for sure. Just listen to the last Martyr.

Well, I thought they both pulled off "Tribal Convictions" very nicely together, plus it would make more sense to me playing "live" with two guitarists for that added stereo power! Besides, I also think that it would be a nice fitting, and respectable tribute to Piggy to not showcase a "replacement-guitarist".

--------------------

Hellrider
VoivodFan
Member # 980

posted March 22, 2007 07:03     Profile for Hellrider   Email Hellrider     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Away has posted on Voivod.net about the rumour. I quote from there.
quote:
Hello there,
We will be recording in the fall with Jason as a "member of the band".
There are no plans for touring at this time. I don't know who this person who 'caught up with me' is. I would never have accepted a post that mentions Jason as a guest.

Away

And:

quote:
I understand the interest of all Voivodians in inviting Blacky and E-Force on the next album. The thing is, we have to keep in mind that the 13 remaining songs featured on the next album were written with Jasonic in 2004.
Sorry...

Away

So that's it then.

--------------------

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted March 22, 2007 09:21     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Boooo....erm, I mean, ok. Let's move on then. Well, it was a nice thought anyway. Recently I had a dream that Voivod were on tour and played here. Of course I woke up before seeing who was playing in the band. I do however remember hugging Away. wtf? Stupid dreams.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted March 22, 2007 12:27     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, at least that's cleared up. Looking forward to hearing the rest of these recordings.

--------------------

Hellrider
VoivodFan
Member # 980

posted March 22, 2007 15:20     Profile for Hellrider   Email Hellrider     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Someone should probably either tell Jasonic that his myspace has been carrying false, unauthorised posts, or alert his fans that "his" myspace might not be his after all.

--------------------

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted March 22, 2007 15:32     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hellrider:
unauthorised posts

Don't you mean unauthori"Z"ed?

--------------------

Hellrider
VoivodFan
Member # 980

posted March 22, 2007 15:35     Profile for Hellrider   Email Hellrider     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sorry mate, my brain is set up on British spelling and can't be rebooted

--------------------

Mind Running Slow
VoivodFan
Member # 331

posted March 22, 2007 15:55     Profile for Mind Running Slow   Email Mind Running Slow     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
So...Is it REAL AGAIN...AGAIN?
Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted March 22, 2007 20:36     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
The thing is, we have to keep in mind that the 13 remaining songs featured on the next album were written with Jasonic in 2004.

Exactly what I was thinking all along.

--------------------

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan