my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Katorz demos (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 

Author Topic: Katorz demos
nunoPT
VoivodFan
Member # 379

posted April 09, 2007 20:45     Profile for nunoPT   Email nunoPT     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paul:
I want to trade, i have 3 shows from 87.
Atzmooz, Switzerland
Paris, France (Black and White)
Noord Scharwoude, Holland

all 3 are superb.

hey Paul
Atzmooz, Switzerland (dvd)<-
Paris???
Noord Scharwoude, Holland (dvd)????

i've seen the first one it rocks! Tournado'87
the other two are as good as the fist concert?(sound & image quality)?

Trade?! wtf put it online(youtube) and share the thing, i think some of us want to watch those too(or send it to the mods for the media section)
yes at least the first one is superb.

nunomro@hotmail.com

|  IP: Logged
X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted April 09, 2007 21:31     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nunoPT:
Trade?! wtf put it online(youtube) and share the thing, i think some of us want to watch those too(or send it to the mods for the media section)
yes at least the first one is superb.

Hey Nuno, Paul did send these to me for posting in the media section. Only thing was (at the time) was that people were swiping VVF downloads and selling them on Ebay as DVDrs. Maybe this isn't such an issue anymore? These are all awsome quality, by the way! Amazing stuff!

If you guys want, I can float these to Hex for posting here on VVF. It'll be a couple days though as I am heading off to Minneapolis to hangout with Zane, St. Mike, & CF.

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted April 09, 2007 22:27     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by X-D:
I am heading off to Minneapolis to hangout with Zane, St. Mike, & CF.

You lucky bastard!!!! Be sure and tell them to play "Nocturnal Fear" for St., and "Eternal Summer" for me!!! *Yeah right*

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted April 10, 2007 03:26     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
well, at last.......

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted April 11, 2007 03:13     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
On BBm today!!! can you believe that?

VOIVOD: 'Katorz' Demos Available For Download - Apr. 11, 2007

Four demo tracks for VOIVOD's "Katorz" album have been posted online at the Voivodfan.com web site. Download the songs "Mr. Clean", "The Getaway", "Red My Mind" and "After All" at this location.

VOIVOD drummer Michel "Away" Langevin recently commented on the rumors that the band is planning to embark on a tour once the group's bassist Jason "Jasonic" Newsted has recovered from his recent shoulder injury.

Said Away: "Well, we certainly hope to be able to promote the next album and [last year's] 'Katorz' live in 2008 but no plans have been laid down yet. Of course, we're not thinking of replacing [guitarist] Piggy [who died of colon cancer in August 2005]. It would be more of a tribute to him type of thing. It's still too early to think about a tour. In fact, I'm preparing myself mentally to hear Piggy's tracks in the headphones in the studio in the fall 2007!"

VOIVOD will enter the studio this fall to begin recording the follow-up to "Katorz".

Newsted was sidelined last October by injuries to his left shoulder, right bicep and right rotator cuff. The former METALLICA member, who was injured trying to catch a 90-pound piece of equipment that had fallen from atop of his amp, underwent surgery and is said to be taking part in a rehab schedule that could last up to nine months.

VOIVOD's video for the "Katorz" (2006) track "The Getaway" has been posted online at YouTube.com. The clip was created by editing together footage from the album's recording session and the band's 2003 U.S. tour. The group is also finalizing plans to re-release their early back catalog on The End Records. Langevin said the band will start with 1986's "Rrröööaaarrr", the following year's "Killing Technology" and '88's "Dimension Hatröss". He said each LP will be remastered and upped with a bonus DVD.

VOIVOD released the critically-acclaimed "Katorz" last summer on The End Records. The album was recently released as a limited-edition vinyl pressing available exclusively through The End Records' mail-order. The beautiful gatefold 180gm vinyl comes in color format and also includes special artwork and packaging designed by Langevin. The album was done with full cooperation from the band. The release is limited to 1,000 copies: 400 clear vinyl, 400 red vinyl and 200 black vinyl.

--------------------

Hellrider
VoivodFan
Member # 980

posted April 11, 2007 07:27     Profile for Hellrider   Email Hellrider     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hmm... is BBM watching us? Should we ask Hex to remove the demos from this site? *sigh*

--------------------

"Love your enemies just in case your friends turn out to be a bunch of bastards." - R. A. Dickson

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted April 11, 2007 08:29     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Doesn't BBM stands for Big Brother of Metal?

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted April 12, 2007 06:34     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Why wouldn't BBM be watching the best fucking metal fan site on the web? This is where the real fans communicate and where all the cool shit happens. This site is way more active (although not much happening recently) than any other Voivod site on the net.

The demos here would only help the band. For those who aren't cool enough to already have Katorz, being able to listen to a few demo tracks would only help sell the album, so it would be a bad move (in my opinion) if VVF was asked to remove them.

--------------------

yawn

Hellrider
VoivodFan
Member # 980

posted April 12, 2007 06:49     Profile for Hellrider   Email Hellrider     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hex - fair enough.

Schroed - I was only worrying about people downloading and selling the stuff without the band seeing a penny.

If it's only a matter of getting publicity for the band, then that's obviously A Good Thing

--------------------

"Love your enemies just in case your friends turn out to be a bunch of bastards." - R. A. Dickson

Anyway
VoivodFan
Member # 594

posted April 12, 2007 08:55     Profile for Anyway   Email Anyway     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
if VVF was asked to remove them

In my opinion, it will not happend.

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted April 12, 2007 14:27     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hellrider:
I was only worrying about people downloading and selling the stuff without the band seeing a penny.

That's why trading is an important and effective tool against unauthorized
selling. Why would someone want to buy it if they can get it for free? Of course that probably means that the artist won't receive their just rewards, but more importantly, it also means noone else will either.

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

nunoPT
VoivodFan
Member # 379

posted June 15, 2007 16:08     Profile for nunoPT   Email nunoPT     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by X-D:
Hey Nuno, Paul did send these to me for posting in the media section. Only thing was (at the time) was that people were swiping VVF downloads and selling them on Ebay as DVDrs. Maybe this isn't such an issue anymore? These are all awsome quality, by the way! Amazing stuff!

If you guys want, I can float these to Hex for posting here on VVF. It'll be a couple days though as I am heading off to Minneapolis to hangout with Zane, St. Mike, & CF.

still waiting Mike

you have mail

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted June 15, 2007 16:28     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, get on with it...............

--------------------

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan