my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » MANCHILD 3 BY BRIAN WALSBY.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: MANCHILD 3 BY BRIAN WALSBY.
reluctantking
VoivodFan
Member # 653

posted March 10, 2007 14:24     Profile for reluctantking   Email reluctantking     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi there.
This is going to be annoying to most message board types but I hope you can forgive me.

My name is Brian Walsby, and I both an artist/cartoonist as well as a drummer. I have been fortunate enough to have been able to release two books of my artwork and comic stories in two volumes over the last couple of years, the first being MANCHILD: A CELEBRATION OF TWENTY YEARS OF DOODLES put out by Volume One Productions out of New York, and last years MANCHILD 2: THE SECOND COMING put out by Charles Cardello’s Bifocal Media/Bifocal Pictures. Charles and myself have just now begun to assemble production for the third installment, cleverly titled MANCHILD 3.

We are looking for anyone who might be interested in placing an ad in the next book. We are planning to run 2000 issues and have distribution set up already for this project. The time frame for everything will start next month as far as getting ads ready for production. The release date will be sometime in August. As far as the cost of the ads, they are cheap.

I suppose I should explain who I am and why you should want to be a part of this. Over the last twenty years I have been drawing and drumming. I came of age in the early to mid eighties hardcore punk rock scene that swept across America, drawing lots of well meaning cartoons for people involved in that world. I have done album covers for various bands ranging from the Melvins to Seven Seconds. I have had my artwork in various magazines and fanzines over the years, from THE HIT LIST, CHUNKLET, LEFT OF THE DIAL, RAZORCAKE, THE RALEIGH HATCHET as well as the likes of older important magazines like FLIPSIDE, YOUR FLESH and MAXIMUM ROCK AND ROLL. Musically, I have played with folks as varied as SCARED STRAIGHT, RYAN ADAMS, POLVO, SHINY BEAST, WWAX (with Merge Records head honcho/SUPERCHUNK member Mac), SNAKE NATION (WITH CORROSION OF CONFORMITY’S Mike Dean and Woody Weatherman) and many more that I can’t remember right now. A lot of my stuff is sort of this combination of Harvey Pekar type slice of life stuff mixed with MAD MAGAZINE type of satire and skewering. Some people (not many, mind you) have gotten offended by some of this stuff but I assure you its all in good fun. Plus hopefully, I will be perceived as being funny as well. Me and Charles also spent four months of our time last year working on a video for the rock band VALIENT THORR which is currently all over the internet and has spawned a bit of controversy with its politically charged content. My work is in the video in animated form.

For a look at my work, I have a website you can check out: www.brianwalsby.com

And if you are a MySpace type of person, go here:

http://www.myspace.com/walsby

All information about ad sizes, cheap prices, the press run and distribution will be answered. So anyways, if this is the type of thing that you think you might be interested in, please drop me a line at:
reluctantking@hotmail.com

Thanks very much for your time. Please don’t kill me for such overtly soliciting behavior.

Sincerely,
Brian Walsby

|  IP: Logged
Cthon
Member # 156

posted March 10, 2007 17:25     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
sounds interesting, Brian.

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted March 10, 2007 18:57     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cool art. You've posted here previously with some great images you created. Good luck with the new book. Let us know when it gets released.

--------------------

yawn

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan