my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » For all of you "you're a peein" folk out there...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: For all of you "you're a peein" folk out there...
BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted March 06, 2007 14:10     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
A huge favor to ask...I won a DVD version of the spaghetti western classic "The Big Gundown" starring the late Lee Van Cleef off of Ebay a few months back...the problem being is that it's in PAL format.

I would gladly pay anyone tuesday for a NTSC version today!

Seriously, can someone help out a brother in need? I'll just simply mail my version out to you for a transfer, you can keep the PAL afterwards, plus I'll pay for any additional costs (shipping and your valuable time spent)

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

|  IP: Logged
BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted March 06, 2007 19:54     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks...I realize it might've been a big deal trying to recode it, but I wasn't really looking forward to buying another DVD player. I've already got 3 of 'em! (of course they're NA region though!)

I should've looked into the fine print more before I bought it off of Ebay...but the dude knew I was from the States...fucker!

--------------------

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted March 07, 2007 12:49     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Paul, I highly recommend following Hex's advice here! I have one of those Philips players and it plays everything... Your looking at $40 here, which is about equal to the amount of time and hassle it takes to re-encode a single PAL dvd to NTSC.

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

jf
VoivodFan
Member # 645

posted March 07, 2007 14:53     Profile for jf   Email jf     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Alternatively, you could check if there is a region hack listed for your dvd model HERE

--------------------

(11) Le texte original dit quatorze, mais maintes raisons invitent à supposer que, dans la bouche d'Astérion, ce nombre représente l'infini.

jf
VoivodFan
Member # 645

posted March 07, 2007 16:09     Profile for jf   Email jf     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
oops, read that a bit quickly, my bad

--------------------

(11) Le texte original dit quatorze, mais maintes raisons invitent à supposer que, dans la bouche d'Astérion, ce nombre représente l'infini.

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted March 07, 2007 17:42     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks again people...and yes X-D, you must think I'm a fool by now for asking twice about this matter...you already told me what to do the first time, and that's exactly what hex told me on the 2nd post.

Anyone got $40?

--------------------

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted March 08, 2007 00:58     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BlackCloud:
Thanks again people...and yes X-D, you must think I'm a fool by now for asking twice about this matter...you already told me what to do the first time, and that's exactly what hex told me on the 2nd post.

Haha, I thought this topic seemed familiar to me. By the way, Best Buy carries a lot of these Philips players if you want to pick one up locally.

--------------------

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted March 08, 2007 14:27     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Actually...how's about just a fricken VHS copy of the fucker?

Would that work?

I don't care about the menu bullshit...I just want to watch the damn movie!!!

Ennio Morricone forever motherfuckers!!!

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted March 09, 2007 07:02     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
you could always just move to europe for a while to enjoy your movie ... do u have a dvd drive on your pc?

--------------------

yawn

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted March 09, 2007 12:30     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BlackCloud:
Actually...how's about just a fricken VHS copy of the fucker?

Would that work?

I don't care about the menu bullshit...I just want to watch the damn movie!!!

Ennio Morricone forever motherfuckers!!!

Oh, send me the damn movie you stubborn fucker! I'll do it for ya. You'll be required to buy me a couple beers at the next Seattle meet-up though.

--------------------

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted March 09, 2007 12:38     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by X-D:
Oh, send me the damn movie you stubborn fucker! I'll do it for ya. You'll be required to buy me a couple beers at the next Seattle meet-up though.

Which will take place in the beginning of July

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!
- Excellent, then we can attack in any direction!"

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted March 10, 2007 15:37     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Mike...you're a "sweetheart" in the most masculine sense of the word!

*I'll throw in a twenty-spot as well.

**and yes...Guiness for all when we meet!

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted March 10, 2007 19:03     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
FEEL THE LOVE!!! IT JUST OOOZES OUT OF THIS FORUM.

--------------------

yawn

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan