my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Lunar Eclipse

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Lunar Eclipse
Hellrider
VoivodFan
Member # 980

posted March 03, 2007 17:54     Profile for Hellrider   Email Hellrider     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm just back home and watching it through a cheap pair of binoculars. It's beautiful.

It's nearly 11 pm here and the moon has just been totally covered by the shadow of the Earth and it's turned dark brown.

BBC article

--------------------

"Love your enemies just in case your friends turn out to be a bunch of bastards." - R. A. Dickson

|  IP: Logged
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted March 04, 2007 04:05     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have seen it, allthough i wasn't really looking for it. I happened to look at the sky at 23:00 h and i found it beautifull but went to bed short after that.

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

Hellrider
VoivodFan
Member # 980

posted March 04, 2007 07:28     Profile for Hellrider   Email Hellrider     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
For some mysterious reason, last night the sky over London was absolutely clear for as long as we needed to watch the eclipse. Then it clouded over and today we're back to normal, as in chucking down with rain. Ah, well.

Incidentally, you've lived in London too long when you absent-mindedly mistake the light of the full moon for the headlights of planes approaching Heathrow airport. It happened to me last night before I remembered to check the eclipse...

--------------------

"Love your enemies just in case your friends turn out to be a bunch of bastards." - R. A. Dickson

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted March 04, 2007 08:26     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
So HR, is it a bad thing if a Londoner calls you a 'cheeky little bugger'?
Hellrider
VoivodFan
Member # 980

posted March 04, 2007 08:34     Profile for Hellrider   Email Hellrider     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
LOL! The cheeks in question are those on your face, not - you know what I mean. And I can't be a bugger! That's a guy's prerogative

--------------------

Ron Mc Gregor
VoivodFan
Member # 595

posted March 04, 2007 09:52     Profile for Ron Mc Gregor   Email Ron Mc Gregor     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Took this pix yesterday. First time I tried to photograph such a thing.

Was taken in Rivière-Rouge (L'Annonciation), Québec, Kanada at around 20 H.

Kinda kool!

--------------------

VOIVOD STUFF / AUT'CHOSE
http://www.lucienfrancoeur.com/voivod_stuff.html
http://www.lucienfrancoeur.com/voivod_stuff/index.html
http://www.myspace.com/autchose

Hellrider
VoivodFan
Member # 980

posted March 04, 2007 11:36     Profile for Hellrider   Email Hellrider     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Good photo - that's more or less the best you get with a normal digital camera. The impressive pics you see on other websites were usually taken with the help of a telescope.

--------------------

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan