my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Sabbat's - "Dreamweaver" remastered !at last!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sabbat's - "Dreamweaver" remastered !at last!
NightSod
VoivodFan
Member # 133

posted February 02, 2007 05:48     Profile for NightSod   Email NightSod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Firstly, I'm already bored of my last tag "Morgoth Mothman", so it's now no longer that.

Secondly, Waggghhhhh!!
"Sabbat" reformed and toured in Dec. How did I miss that? Again!? Hopefully then, this will not be the final time they do a mini-tour.

Lastly, I can't be the only one who held Sabbat in the same esteem as Voivod and C.F?
These remasters have been long promised, to the extent of seeming like unlikely releases.
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=66327

|  IP: Logged
Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted February 02, 2007 08:25     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Not too familiar with Sabbat (from England), but looks interesting!

There's a quote on their wiki that I find even more interesting:

quote:
Martin Wakyier: "With the Noise contract, people were telling us 'Don't sign it,' but we did. Bands who were doing well at the time - Celtic Frost, Helloween, Kreator - were all on Noise. We had complete artistic freedom, but not for the right reasons. It was because they didn't give a flying fuck."[6]

(Source)

I wonder what Blacky has to say about this... Could that explain the total artistic freedom and innovation heard on KT or DH? Discuss.

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted February 02, 2007 13:15     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sabbat are awesome! I would have liked to see them, but not to fork out loads of dosh to see them in a support slot to Cradle of Fish.
Maybe next time

--------------------

String em up

neutronboy2000
VoivodFan
Member # 71

posted February 04, 2007 00:51     Profile for neutronboy2000   Email neutronboy2000     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Greetings from H-Town where it's cold, wet and generally been weird "weather-wise' for the last few weeks...I fuckin hate it! Anyways,a cool friend and fellow chaosmonger exposed me to the pleasure of hearing Sabbat in high school 'round late '87/early '88..."History of A Time.."(debut)..a battering-ram headrush of fast/slow,icy/fire rhythms with a Olde World weariness towards empirical impositions...I dug the vocals-from that point on,I got live shows/demos but never ran into anyone else who liked them...I heard the recorded stuff up to "mourning has broken"(the one where Martin left-enter new vox here). I took the tape back for a refund...I'll be ready to buy all the Sabbat remasters(as long as they're done right and with the input of the band!!!)

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted February 04, 2007 02:25     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I like to pet small, soft, fluffy kittens.

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan