my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Do I need to see a doctor?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Do I need to see a doctor?
Hellrider
VoivodFan
Member # 980

posted January 29, 2007 14:22     Profile for Hellrider   Email Hellrider     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've just (legally) downloaded that My Chemical Romance single, Famous Last Words, and now I've also got it in my MP3 player. I actually like it. Should I worry about my sanity?

Roll on new albums by Priest, Heaven and Hell, Voivod or even Metallica - before it's too late and I end up in an asylum.

--------------------

"Love your enemies just in case your friends turn out to be a bunch of bastards." - R. A. Dickson

|  IP: Logged
Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted January 29, 2007 15:11     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You probably just need to see a nurse to get yer ears syringed.

--------------------

String em up

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted January 29, 2007 15:12     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think that bands should stay away from the good old tunes like that. But, it's easy money i guess. Especially when even Voivod-fans go download it!

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

Hellrider
VoivodFan
Member # 980

posted January 29, 2007 17:00     Profile for Hellrider   Email Hellrider     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Head Villain:
You probably just need to see a nurse to get yer ears syringed.

Tried that before - I still like the damn song.

--------------------

"Love your enemies just in case your friends turn out to be a bunch of bastards." - R. A. Dickson

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted January 30, 2007 02:03     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Don't you worry Hellrider, it's probably not advanced to a chronic stage yet. You'll be fine as long as you remember to take your daily Venom, at volume 11. If the symptoms don't disappear in two-three days time, add one hour of Hellhammer and Motörhead to your medication.

Should everything else fail and you enter a chronic stage, lock yourself up in a room for two weeks and watch Spinal Tap the movie Clockwork Orange-style, strapped to a chair and forced to keep your eyes open. Just remember to have someone pour beer on your face every five minutes to prevent dehydration.

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted January 30, 2007 02:08     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Now I know why you don't like The Police.
BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted January 30, 2007 02:48     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Once you start humming along to any of the "American Idol" winners' tunes, then I'd immediately throw in the towel...until then, just keep humming along!

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

Hellrider
VoivodFan
Member # 980

posted January 30, 2007 05:58     Profile for Hellrider   Email Hellrider     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Väinämöinenz:
Don't you worry Hellrider, it's probably not advanced to a chronic stage yet. You'll be fine as long as you remember to take your daily Venom, at volume 11. If the symptoms don't disappear in two-three days time, add one hour of Hellhammer and Motörhead to your medication.

Thanks Väin-man... But someone is conspiring against me. Last night I put on Nothingface AND Ride The Lightning, plus other cool, heavy bits and pieces, and was beginning to feel better.

Then this friend of mine, who knows I've been studying different music styles for my bass guitar course, undid all the good work with an email: "Hi Sylvia, for practising your C&W module, please find attached Carrie Underwood's Before He Cheats"!!

So, BlackCloud, you said

quote:
Once you start humming along to any of the "American Idol" winners' tunes, then I'd immediately throw in the towel...until then, just keep humming along!

I think I'm beyond redemption.

Either I drop out of my bass course, or I'll have to keep playing along to the most different music styles, thus becoming influenced by all of them and, god forbid, developing an OPEN MIND.

--------------------

Cthon
Member # 156

posted January 30, 2007 07:37     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nothingface:
Now I know why you don't like The Police.

ouch...

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

Hellrider
VoivodFan
Member # 980

posted January 30, 2007 07:40     Profile for Hellrider   Email Hellrider     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
LOL! I never said I don't like The Police. (I've had to practice on some of their songs, too, and they're cool.) I only said that I can't stand Sting as a person.

--------------------

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted January 30, 2007 07:45     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hellrider:
...I'll have to keep playing along to the most different music styles, thus becoming influenced by all of them and, god forbid, developing an OPEN MIND.

Hahaha...you mean you're becoming all gay and soft, right?

Sorry, couldn't resist...just kidding! Actually (you probably noticed that already), most people here are very open-minded despite having trouble enjoying American Idol tunes That's one of the main reasons I have hung around here for God knows how long already. I myself listen to many kinds of music besides metal, for example kraut rock, synth stuff, old prog & hard rock, some classical pieces etc., and no-one has a problem with that here unlike on some other site forums. But MCR still sucks!

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted January 30, 2007 07:48     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hellrider:
and, god forbid, developing an OPEN MIND.

OMG That's the worst thing that could happen to you! Imagine having an open mind, that would mean you'd have to buy tons of CDs! Look at schroeder: he's a mess, all crushed under piles and piles of CDs, vinyls and limited edition picture discs from the most obscure bands...

Quick, go to a Metallica forum near you and post something like "Tallica RULEZ! JaYmZ iZ gOd!!! METAL!!!!1111"

Hellrider
VoivodFan
Member # 980

posted January 30, 2007 07:49     Profile for Hellrider   Email Hellrider     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hehe... gay and soft - I'm such a girlie

PS Kraut rock rules! I've got a couple of Scorpions CDs! Should that go onto the guilty pleasures thread?

--------------------

Hellrider
VoivodFan
Member # 980

posted January 30, 2007 08:03     Profile for Hellrider   Email Hellrider     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Maldororz:
OMG That's the worst thing that could happen to you! Imagine having an open mind, that would mean you'd have to buy tons of CDs! Look at schroeder: he's a mess, all crushed under piles and piles of CDs, vinyls and limited edition picture discs from the most obscure bands...

I know exactly how Shroed feels. Most of our household's huge, deeply eclectic CD collection is now with ex-hubby - but I have access to it. He's the "real" musician in the family, he's played guitar for, like, 20 years, so he needs the CDs "for work", so to speak.

--------------------

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan