my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » The Police Reunion?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Police Reunion?
nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted January 29, 2007 05:07     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've been reading about this a good bit today. Also heard they are currently rehearsing in Vancouver for a Grammy performance.

The one band I regret never having seen.

|  IP: Logged
Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted January 29, 2007 07:23     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Brilliant! I'm going to buy two tickets and take Headvillian with me. Front row, baby!

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

Hellrider
VoivodFan
Member # 980

posted January 29, 2007 09:36     Profile for Hellrider   Email Hellrider     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Somehow, I can't seem to get excited about this. Perhaps it's because I can't stand fucking Gordon Sumner aka Sting.

--------------------

"Love your enemies just in case your friends turn out to be a bunch of bastards." - R. A. Dickson

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted January 29, 2007 13:18     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh god, please no.

--------------------

String em up

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted January 29, 2007 13:44     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I saw them back in '83 with the Thompson Twins.

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted January 29, 2007 13:49     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I saw some really cheap toilet paper yesterday & all.

--------------------

String em up

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted January 29, 2007 23:05     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I just ripped the Police boxset for my 14 year old nephew last week and found myself revisiting their discography. Solid album after solid album, with only Sycronicity really showing signs of weakness... Then I got to the 1986 remake of "Don't Stand So Close To Me" and realised it was good that they called it a day when they did.

This is probably just a cash-in reunion though and they likely won't write or record anything new. Bleh.

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted January 30, 2007 00:50     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by X-D:
I just ripped the Police boxset for my 14 year old nephew last week and found myself revisiting their discography. Solid album after solid album, with only Sycronicity really showing signs of weakness... Then I got to the 1986 remake of "Don't Stand So Close To Me" and realised it was good that they called it a day when they did.

This is probably just a cash-in reunion though and they likely won't write or record anything new. Bleh.

The "Don't Stand So Close To Me" remake was a bit of a power struggle and ultimately, a bad idea. They were scheduled to recut the for some reason. When Stewart broke his collarbone before the recording, Sting decided to record anyway, with a drum machine. That's why the song sucks the second time around. It was essentially a Sting solo version of the song.

I don't care for Sting as the solo artist and everything that comes with it, but there's something about Sting as the bass player and vocalist n combination with Andy Summers and Stewart Copeland. It's just one of those rare chemistry things, musically.

I don't think they'll do anything new either. Much of this is coming about because of the A&M hype of the 30th anniversary of "Roxanne".

Mind Running Slow
VoivodFan
Member # 331

posted January 30, 2007 01:14     Profile for Mind Running Slow   Email Mind Running Slow     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm still trying to figure out how to walk in the moonlight...

Ti'll then....FUCK EM'

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted January 30, 2007 02:09     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hahaha...good point MRS! (hey, isn't that one of those hospital bacteria types? )

I bet they will change their name to The Sheriff and their musical direction to country.

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted January 30, 2007 08:02     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Police reunion, huh? Who will bring the donuts?

quote:
Originally posted by Väinämöinenz:
I bet they will change their name to The Sheriff and their musical direction to country.

Hmm, you have a concept there, and I can totally see it now. That would be a great cover band idea!

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted January 30, 2007 08:46     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The guy who runs Exile On Mainstream Records has a saying for times when everything goes wrong: "It could be worse. You could be Sting."

Gotta say though, I think the Police were ok. The drummer is/was quality. But that Sting solo stuff... eeeeeeewwwwwwyyyyychhhhtwat.

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted January 30, 2007 12:56     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Donuts on the way..

--------------------

String em up

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan