my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » There's a little of voivod in every band!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: There's a little of voivod in every band!
Nico
VoivodFan
Member # 567

posted January 27, 2007 18:43     Profile for Nico   Email Nico     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Today,while I was listening to Demanufacture by Fear Factory I realised for the first time how voivodian is the guitar riff in "dog day sunrise",seems almost a tune for the 2003 album!
Anybody noticed anything similar with any other bands?

--------------------

PAIN MAKES ME STRONGER EVERYDAY

|  IP: Logged
Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted January 29, 2007 09:55     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This morning, I listened to Sonic Youth's "Goo" on my way to work, and there are some dissonant riffage in "Kool Thing" that made me say: Voivod!
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted January 29, 2007 10:33     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Same here, i find the beginning of "Deliverance" by Opeth very very Voivodish.

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey
VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted January 29, 2007 11:45     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If there is a little bit of Voivod in The Wiggles, it will need to be pointed out to me.

MAYBE "Toot Toot, Chugga Chugga, Big Red Car".

neutronboy2000
VoivodFan
Member # 71

posted January 30, 2007 23:23     Profile for neutronboy2000   Email neutronboy2000     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Too many numerous bands who carry on that "buzzing,skylab mentality filtered by lurching and dark,icy forward-rhythms! I'd definitely include "Doom"(the Japanese band,not the UK),Treponem Pal-"Aggravation"/Young Gods/Iowa Beef Experience...Die Kruezen/Man or Astroman/Zeni Geva(pure primitive riffpain to the max!)/Coroner
/Nomeansno/Thought Industry/Melt Banana/Arab on Radar/Keelhaul/Meatjack/Mastodon-"the Remission" album-haven't heard "Blood Mtn" yet/Red Monkey(UK)/Trenchmouth(especially with their "ahead of the pack" mutant,swaying "This Island Earth" tri-rhythmic-radiation calypso at the Bikini Atoll" urgency!..Jesus Lizard(like a Texas form of dragstrip nitro-rock dementia)/a little bit in Polysics(Japan)/Killing Joke(love those guys!)...PIL/Anacrusis/Atheist/Pestilence....it goes on and on...

"Build your weapons...this nation's overrun with you..."

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted February 02, 2007 04:30     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"Swap Meet" from Nirvana has a passage in it that's VERY Voivod.
NightSod
VoivodFan
Member # 133

posted February 02, 2007 05:32     Profile for NightSod   Email NightSod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I hear them all the time...

The guitarist from "Les Savy Fav" really reminds me of him an awful lot, and they're musically pretty different also...

Like the rest of you, I could list the artists that bring him to mind; showing just how versatile, characteristic and universal his playing was; much bigger than just metal - much as I love metal....

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted February 02, 2007 10:23     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Maldororz:
This morning, I listened to Sonic Youth's "Goo" on my way to work, and there are some dissonant riffage in "Kool Thing" that made me say: Voivod!

love that record. SY are the kings and queen of dissonance, very kool band. Just don't listen to their music on shroooms!

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan