my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Blacky doing the front cover

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Blacky doing the front cover
Va¢ärmeS
VoivodFan
Member # 47

posted January 26, 2007 23:42     Profile for Va¢ärmeS   Email Va¢ärmeS     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
A great pic of Blacky featured on the front cover of William Hale's Power Surge - 10 years of Heavy Rock Photography

Anybody already seen this book? opinion?

--------------------

>>> C'est fini l'école...à souère c'est Voïvod! <<<
-Snake, december 1984

|  IP: Logged
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted January 27, 2007 01:14     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
holy FUCK!!!!
BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted January 27, 2007 01:54     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Jesus H. Christ!! I forgot how "long" that neck was!!! How many fricken frets does it have anyway???

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

Mind Running Slow
VoivodFan
Member # 331

posted January 27, 2007 02:01     Profile for Mind Running Slow   Email Mind Running Slow     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Va¢ärmeS:
A great pic of Blacky featured on the front cover of William Hale's Power Surge - 10 years of Heavy Rock Photography

Anybody already seen this book? opinion?

Never heard of this book but, that is one nice picture.

"Powersurge" was a song by Overkill which often got stuck in my head...

"POWER .....POWER....POWER....THE POWERSURGE!!!!!

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted January 27, 2007 04:12     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Never heard of this book either, but Blacky making the cover makes it a mandatory read (whether it sucks or not )

--------------------

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted January 27, 2007 04:15     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mind Running Slow:

Never heard of this book but, that is one nice picture.

"Powersurge" was a song by Overkill which often got stuck in my head...

"POWER .....POWER....POWER....THE POWERSURGE!!!!!

Were you at the Seattle Celtic Frost show last Oct?

--------------------

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted January 27, 2007 04:21     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Christ, that bass is big. Blacky's a big bloke too!

I want to see a photo of Nia wielding it.

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted January 27, 2007 08:50     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great photo! One question: Wasn't the heavier side of metal back in the early 80's referred to as POWER metal? Thought I read that in Christe's book.
vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted January 27, 2007 10:46     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:
Great photo! One question: Wasn't the heavier side of metal back in the early 80's referred to as POWER metal? Thought I read that in Christe's book.

In the first half of the 80's at least, the heavier side of metal was simply called Celtic Frost

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!
- Excellent, then we can attack in any direction!"

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted January 27, 2007 11:07     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
aw... what a cute photo... er, i mean, that's totally hardcore.
Hellrider
VoivodFan
Member # 980

posted January 27, 2007 12:01     Profile for Hellrider   Email Hellrider     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nia:
aw... what a cute photo... er, i mean, that's totally hardcore.

Regarding power metal, Mez, the web comes to our aid again:

Power metal according to Wikipedia

I can't find any reference for Heavy Rock.

PS that photo of Blacky is awesome.

--------------------

"Love your enemies just in case your friends turn out to be a bunch of bastards." - R. A. Dickson

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted January 27, 2007 19:09     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well that is one fuckin cool cover. The photo of the legend that is Blacky will make this book sell.

POWER building up
POWER coming back
POWER feel it
A POWER SURGE

OVERKILL are great. Always were always will be. They never lost site of what their metal was all about \m/oo\m/

--------------------

yawn

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan