my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » State of the PMS Address (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: State of the PMS Address
Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted January 23, 2007 23:53     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
(I just said 'fuck conservation' and created a new thread for this)

Wow... almost three fooking years.

Please download and listen to the following musical accompaniment: HERE

(Is it a preview? We don't know! This song may or may not make the final cut)

====================
::cue the music please::
====================

Dear fellow partners in the propogation of Musical Enlightenment and Psychosis,

Just as the lying nimrod addresses our House, Senate and disgruntled Nation, I too have an address

-- a 'State of the Compilation Address' --

to unveil here tonight.

PMS 7 - Parts A & B: This has been, without question, the most complex, time-consuming, difficult, mishap-plagued project I've ever attempted. For months at a time, this thing has dominated my every spare moment. I have been through 2 cars and 2 computers trying to get it right.

One PC crashed just as the thing was almost done, and crucial finished edits & Nero tracklistings were lost forever. My car (which is the ONLY place I can properly focus & crank this music loud enough to make proper adjustments) broke down -- leaving me without a means to listen OR earn a living for nearly 2 full weeks.

I finally scraped everything I had together for a newer car, and was forced to wait 3 weeks to get the additional money together to swap the damn stereos. After about 6 weeks 'back on track', THAT car blew a head gasket and I was back to square none.

Meanwhile, the computer that was given to me by my ex-wife (the one I actually bought for her 3 years ago ) to replace the fried '98 model suddenly decided that there was to be NO SOUND when it arrived at my apartment. (BTW any techies who can assist in an eMachines Win XP circa 2003 video card/ audio card Frankenstinian swap would be praised mightily)

So, here I am... the thing is literally just a few hours away from completion, but I just can't quite get there.

I will tell you that it is WAY worth the wait, and that it far surpasses the first 4 discs in sheer power, variety, and technical adeptness -- and is a MUCH higher concept-oriented, cohesive 'work of art'. (I'm not trying to be pompous ar anything, this really IS an art form. Whether it's good art or bad art is entirely up to the listener)

So there. Any PMSers who are still with me on this thing are in for a treat, I think. (and fear not! Discs 5 & 6 will be much easier to complete, unless a tornado takes out the entire apartment complex)

So let's have a show of hands here, and a show of mailing addresses to:
tangento AT gmail.com

Thanks for listening, you can impeach me anytime now.

--------------------

"You have the option to drill additional holes in the label,
causing the record to rotate off the side of the turntable"

-Tom Ellard - Severed Heads

|  IP: Logged
Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted January 24, 2007 08:37     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
All Hail Tangento!!!
Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted January 24, 2007 13:04     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Bless him!

Nice one Tangento.. top bloke.

--------------------

String em up

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted January 24, 2007 13:39     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, it's about fOOkin' time bro. I'll send you a secret message soon.
Thanks Tangento !

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted January 24, 2007 18:30     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks man...been waiting for this since the first batch of PMS came out! You have mail...

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

chaosmongirll
VoivodFan
Member # 489

posted January 24, 2007 20:08     Profile for chaosmongirll   Email chaosmongirll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hooray! Glad you've been able to soldier through all that mess for the sake of Psych Music!
Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted January 26, 2007 11:11     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
awesome! just got the other 4 from Lunie! someone somewhere has some great cds i lost!
thanks for your hard work, it is greatly appreciated bro!

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted January 27, 2007 16:06     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tangento:
So there. Any PMSers who are still with me on this thing are in for a treat, I think. (and fear not! Discs 5 & 6 will be much easier to complete, unless a tornado takes out the entire apartment complex)

Careful what you say there, my friend. This has been a year of seriously unusual weather....

--------------------

ummm.....I got nothin' today :-(

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted January 27, 2007 16:33     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Megz:
Careful what you say there, my friend. This has been a year of seriously unusual weather....

Where do you live, Meg? (if I may ask)

--------------------

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted January 27, 2007 17:17     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Still in Seattle. Or perhaps "back" in Seattle is more accurate. Until July, anyway.

--------------------

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted January 28, 2007 01:57     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Get this: the night after I posted this, my 'newer' PC blew what I thought was the friggin motherboard! (I described what happened to 3 different techs, and the verdict was unanimous) As it turns out, I bought a $30.00 power supply and aced the problem. The luck's just GOT to run good once in a while, eh?

quote:

Oh Meg, I am well-acquainted with Mother Nature in her PMS phase. On the Autumnal
Equinox Sept. 21st 2005, an F-3 tornado cut a path which -- if it had been a few hundred yards further South -- would have destroyed my apartment building, my Mother-in-law's house, and everything in the mile & a half between us.

My daughter and I saw the black clouds coming when we were at the grocery store, and within 15 mins. after we arrived home, it was pitch black & all the trees outside my 3rd story window were completely sideways. We grabbed a flashlight & hit the lower level immediately. She had just turned 5, and handled the whole thing like a true champ.

This particular storm downed trees for a 5 x 25 mile swath across the entire North section of the Twin Cities. (and had the power out for 3 days or more throughout) Needless to say, I'll never fucking forget that day:

Check it out

Anyway, thanks everyone for the kind words. I'm gonna do my best to fix the sound on this comp and get these CDs done before my b-day next month.

--------------------

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted January 28, 2007 02:39     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by newclear infusion:

Where do you live, Meg? (if I may ask)

Where do I live?

Who am I?

"Mirror Pond" rulz tonight, btw!"

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted January 28, 2007 03:01     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Haha, here you go...

The lower blue line is the way to Grandma's House.
The black line is the approximate path of the tornado.

Furthermore, this house:

...is right by Territorial Park.

--------------------

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted January 28, 2007 21:38     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Still in Seattle. Or perhaps "back" in Seattle is more accurate. Until July, anyway.

I meant what part, silly!

--------------------

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted February 01, 2007 02:58     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
BTW did anyone listen to that track I posted above? I am having trouble deciding whether to use it. Opinions?

--------------------

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted February 01, 2007 07:22     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I thought the track was cool. Very PMS.
Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted February 01, 2007 22:42     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I quite liked it. Just the kind of thing I would probably never listen to if not for you.

And btw, Nuke, I am in Edmonds now. Just south of Lynnwood.

--------------------

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted February 02, 2007 00:49     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
yeah, i agree with Megz. I like da tune as well.

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted February 14, 2007 03:51     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Never thought I'd be able to say this:

Music Phase - DONE

I can hardly f-ing believe it. The finishing touches, performed on my birthday yesterday (a self-imposed deadline was finally met) have made this thing a true MONSTER. I have also recovered the 'artwork in progress' files, so that part should go very quickly.

Can anyone recommend a CHEAP printing service for CD booklets? I need a total of 8 pages, and possibly direct-to-disk label printing as well.

Any guidance would be appreciated...

--------------------

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted February 14, 2007 16:07     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Congrats Tangento! Cool to finally be 30, eh?
We're all getting younger by the day...good luck finding a suitable printing service!

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted February 15, 2007 01:38     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Holy f-ing shit, people...

I arrived home from work tonight to see police tape around my entire apartment building, about 12 cop cars, a firetruck, 2 news vans and a cop telling me that I couldn't enter the building for at least an hour or 2.

Apparently, the apartment directly next door to mine was the scene of an exceptionally violent domestic dispute/ attempted murder. My building manager witnessed a man stabbed twice in the back just outside my 3rd level apartment. The victim is in critical condition, and two others are in a local hospital with non-life threatening injuries. A baby was removed from the apartment, and from the custody of the occupants. The story was given 3 minutes on the local news. ...I just looked out in the hall, since the cops are finally gone after about 5 hours. There is an unbelievable amount of blood on the stairs outside my door, and on the stair landing. Looks like those fucking Manson Family crime scene photos.

What a fucking day... Glad I wasn't here.

--------------------

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted February 15, 2007 02:09     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That's terrible...hope the baby is fine at least. Good thing you weren't there to witness the incident.

That Psyclones track is cool IMO, sounds like three Amigas having a jam together in a studio

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted February 15, 2007 10:38     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Damn Tangento! You are a magnet for catastrophes. Is that spelled right?

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted February 16, 2007 05:04     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Tangento, this is what happens when you subject your neighbours to loud alternative music.

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted February 16, 2007 07:12     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Actually I'm quite sorry about that - that was bad karma.

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan