my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Iron Maiden Show in Stockholm (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: Iron Maiden Show in Stockholm
Trollz
VoivodFan
Member # 393

posted January 22, 2007 07:10     Profile for Trollz   Email Trollz     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Iron Maidens show in Stockholm november 18 is available for streaming.
Two hours of Iron Maiden. A bit of swedish blabbering in the beginning.

Part 1

Part 2

quote:
Sveriges Radio is Sweden's national publicly funded radio broadcaster.
As previously reported, the same concert was available for streaming on December 28th courtesy of
Iron Maiden Sweden FC

--------------------

All those who believe in psychokinesis raise my hand.

|  IP: Logged
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted January 22, 2007 08:46     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
COOL.

I love listening to foreign languages were the only words I understand are band names member's names and album titles

Nice to see the great MAIDEN still being very influencial and powerful.

--------------------

yawn

Trollz
VoivodFan
Member # 393

posted January 22, 2007 09:33     Profile for Trollz   Email Trollz     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
COOL.

I love listening to foreign languages were the only words I understand are band names member's names and album titles

Nice to see the great MAIDEN still being very influencial and powerful.

MAIDEN are BIG here in Sweden. All four shows were sold out. All Media have something about Maiden, TV, radio and newpapers. My berother-in-law took his 2 kids with him too see them, I know there are metalheads that take their 7-year-old kids with them to see Maiden.
You can hear the audience all through the concert. A very pleased crowd although they only played songs from the new album.
Sweden really loves Iron Maiden

--------------------

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted January 22, 2007 21:13     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yay! i still watch the concert u sent me from the last tour! yay Trollz!

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

Trollz
VoivodFan
Member # 393

posted January 23, 2007 04:03     Profile for Trollz   Email Trollz     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by zlugz:
Yay! i still watch the concert u sent me from the last tour! yay Trollz!

haha YAY Slugz! I'm glad you still like to watch that DVD. This is just an audio file. It's nice to hear the enthusiastic audience. Those who got ticets to the shows in sweden were lucky.

--------------------

Hellrider
VoivodFan
Member # 980

posted January 23, 2007 09:07     Profile for Hellrider   Email Hellrider     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm not sure what to think regarding the choice to play only the new album live. Maiden seems to have started a new trend - Priest are said to have decided to do the same for their new Nostradamus album later this year.

On the one hand, cutting out all the glorious classics is a bit of a snub to those of us whose memory stretches a little further than the last couple of years; on the other hand, it can't be easy to choose which gems to include and which to leave out among 30 years' worth of classics - not to mention that the band may be sick to death of actually playing them.

Either way, they're going to mightily piss off at least some of their fans.

--------------------

"Love your enemies just in case your friends turn out to be a bunch of bastards." - R. A. Dickson

Trollz
VoivodFan
Member # 393

posted January 23, 2007 09:21     Profile for Trollz   Email Trollz     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hellrider:
Either way, they're going to mightily piss off at least some of their fans.

The swedish fans weren't pissed off as far as I know, one of the commentators said something like:
The only place they will get away with this and still be playing for sold out arenas must be here in sweden

Here's a clip of Bruce tearing up a sign NOT in sweden 'tho. angry Bruce

--------------------

Hellrider
VoivodFan
Member # 980

posted January 23, 2007 09:37     Profile for Hellrider   Email Hellrider     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I bumped into a rather jet-lagged Janick at my local Sainsburys two or three weeks ago. Maiden was still in the middle of their European tour, so I assumed he'd just escaped for a weekend to see his family.
I left him alone, and didn't pester him with questions about the bands' setlist. I don't think Sainsburys would be the right place for discussing that

--------------------

"Love your enemies just in case your friends turn out to be a bunch of bastards." - R. A. Dickson

Trollz
VoivodFan
Member # 393

posted January 23, 2007 10:03     Profile for Trollz   Email Trollz     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
I left him alone, and didn't pester him with questions about the bands' setlist. I don't think Sainsburys would be the right place for discussing that

Oh, shit! We don't have any of those world famous band members around here.. I probably would end up standing and staring at him..

--------------------

Hellrider
VoivodFan
Member # 980

posted January 23, 2007 10:16     Profile for Hellrider   Email Hellrider     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
...but the next time I bump into him or Adrian or Nicko at one of our local pubs, I may try and ask. Bruce has been seen in the area too, but I've never met him so far. He doesn't seem to me to be as down to earth as the other guys.

--------------------

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted January 23, 2007 11:12     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Maiden has always been a very predictable band live. You know, start the show with the opening song of the new album, than continue with the second song from the new album, than maybe "Wrathchild" or something. Than the mandatory classics (always the same, "2 minutes to Midnight", "Run To The Hills")...

I think that doing the whole new album is a very bold move from them, and I think that bold is good. They're old and bold. Better than being bald, I guess...

Trollz
VoivodFan
Member # 393

posted January 23, 2007 12:43     Profile for Trollz   Email Trollz     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hexonutz:
Good to know, now I can avoid Maiden shows without feeling guilty. Cuz, y'know, last album sucks big fucking time. A band that used to write music based on great riffs just got down to plain chords-verse-chorus-boring-hard-rock crap.

They told the media in advance that they only would be playing songs from the new album.

Ok it wasn't any big hit but it wasn't that bad!

--------------------

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted January 23, 2007 14:52     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Trollz:
Oh, shit! We don't have any of those world famous band members around here.. I probably would end up standing and staring at him..

My boyfriend spotted Janick too doing Christmas shopping a couple of years back. He looked really fed up apparantly.

Hehehe this is like a metal version of "Heat" magazine innit. Spot the rock star shopping.

--------------------

String em up

Hellrider
VoivodFan
Member # 980

posted January 23, 2007 15:07     Profile for Hellrider   Email Hellrider     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Maldororz:
I think that doing the whole new album is a very bold move from them, and I think that bold is good. They're old and bold. Better than being bald, I guess...

Right on Mal. Yes, it's a bold move, and I suppose it would help if the album the band is promoting so exclusively was objectively very, very good. I'm not a big fan of Maiden's latest, though, and that makes me question their choice.

And you're right, the guys aren't bald at all - what's their secret? On a good day, Janick has the most beautiful blond mane I've ever seen on a 50-plus guy, and his bandmates are all right as well.
I've been spotting them around the neighbourhood for the last 15 years, and at times they look like they haven't aged at all - or maybe I'm growing old in unison with them and I don't notice...

--------------------

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted January 23, 2007 16:07     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
I left him alone, and didn't pester him with questions about the bands' setlist.

I would've asked him why he's such a piece of shit guitarist? Fuck him! I "hate" his goofy onstage antics, and he sure butchers Adrian's solos all to hell! Who the fuck needs three guitarists anyway for Christ's sake? Obviously Steve and co. didn't have the balls to can him when Adrian rejoined! Imho, everything after Powerslave sucks ass...tell Bruce with his "safety-cut" to put that in his pipe and smoke it!

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted January 23, 2007 16:17     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ranty ranty rant

Must be down to a healthy lifestyle & taking their vitamins that they all still have their hair, eh.

--------------------

String em up

Hellrider
VoivodFan
Member # 980

posted January 23, 2007 16:18     Profile for Hellrider   Email Hellrider     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
LOL! Luckily I don't know them well enough to feel free to spit such venom on them when I see them - what I say to them is usually just "Hi" - so I won't do what BlackCloud asks

As for the band having three guitarists, it does look silly to me too. Not sure whether it's the result of contractual reasons or simply of a long friendship. However, Maiden seems to see itself as an institution and the guys tend to do as they please. The punters, so far, have kept coming.

--------------------

Trollz
VoivodFan
Member # 393

posted January 23, 2007 16:20     Profile for Trollz   Email Trollz     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BlackCloud:
I would've asked him why he's such a piece of shit guitarist? Fuck him! I "hate" his goofy onstage antics, and he sure butchers Adrian's solos all to hell! Who the fuck needs three guitarists anyway for Christ's sake? Obviously Steve and co. didn't have the balls to can him when Adrian rejoined! Imho, everything after Powerslave sucks ass...tell Bruce with his "safety-cut" to put that in his pipe and smoke it!

Safety-cut.... OUCH!!

He was playing FOOTball (soccer) with a team here in sweden before their concert in the summer, he seems to be in a very good physical condition... old Bruce

--------------------

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted January 23, 2007 17:29     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Blimey! He looks just like an airline pilot with that haircut!
Trollz
VoivodFan
Member # 393

posted January 23, 2007 17:47     Profile for Trollz   Email Trollz     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skulhed:
Blimey! He looks just like an airline pilot with that haircut!

yeah you could say that again

bruce Dickinson captain on flight 666

with a bunch of happy fans

Maiden FC lost their game Steve Harris
made the only goal for FC Maiden

--------------------

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted January 23, 2007 17:56     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You dont get sarcasm well do you?
Trollz
VoivodFan
Member # 393

posted January 23, 2007 18:08     Profile for Trollz   Email Trollz     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skulhed:
You dont get sarcasm well do you?

No, I'm too stupid for that Mr.Clean skul.

but at least Bruce isn't bald. bye, sweet Skulhead.

--------------------

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted January 23, 2007 18:12     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No baby, buh-bye to you. Go troll your own forum.

(zing!)

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted January 23, 2007 18:16     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Rarrrr! Bruce in uniform.

--------------------

String em up

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted January 23, 2007 19:41     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I thn k A MATTER OF LIFE AND DEATH is the best Maiden album since 7th SON era. Great songs excellent lyrics... and I've been a fan since the DiAnno days, so it's not like their a new band to me. I'm thrilled to be excited about a Maiden album again and have played it many many times since getting it before it was released (thank you stupid WalMart employees).

How can they ONLY play the new album and nothing else? Have they cut their set back to 73 minutes (or however long the new album is). I'm a bit confussed by this statement since just playing songs from the newest released wouldn't fill enough time for a concert they headline.

I'm in agreement with Jannick being a posing fool. I can stand watching the dvd concerts with him dancing around like a metal lepricon on stage. I know Gers and Maiden go WAY back, even before he joined the band. He played with Dickinson on his Tattooed Millionare album (god how I hate that cd... so glad he stopped doing that revival hard rock shit when he desided to go solo... the rest of his catalog I love).

For a guy that's been hitting those screamin high notes for many many years he must have made the same deal with the devil that Gillan and Halford made... those 3 guys still blow me away with their vocal chords.... good clean living, I guess

I think it was last year that Dickison was personally flying fans to a few Maiden shows as a package deal... pretty cool

--------------------

yawn

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan