my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Heaven and Hell (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: Heaven and Hell
Hellrider
VoivodFan
Member # 980

posted January 11, 2007 15:20     Profile for Hellrider   Email Hellrider     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
... The band, not the album. I see that they are scheduling North American dates with Motörhead but I can't seem to find any info about UK dates. Was Donington mentioned at some point? Anyone know of any other dates?

I would LOVE to go see them, as I'm a big Dio-era Sabbath fan. I know this has the potential to start a slanging match, but I simply can't stand Ozzy's whiny voice and often unimaginative lyrics, despite liking the actual songs he sang on (thank you, Tony and Geezer!)

I would prefer to give muddy Donington a miss, in fact, and I really hope the band will also do London, where the amount of mud in music venues is negligible. Plus, I'm 5'2", 103 lbs, which means I can't see anything if everybody is standing, and I can literally get carried away by the crowd.

Now, if they added Priest to the bill, I'd probably forget about all of the above and buy tix to as many shows as my budget would allow, and perhaps even to some it wouldn't.

--------------------

"Love your enemies just in case your friends turn out to be a bunch of bastards." - R. A. Dickson

|  IP: Logged
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted January 11, 2007 15:43     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
But I bet you'd be at Donington if Trivium were playing right??

5'2, 103 lbs.??? Baby, anytime you want to sit on my shoulders at a concert let me know...

Hellrider
VoivodFan
Member # 980

posted January 11, 2007 16:17     Profile for Hellrider   Email Hellrider     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
LOL! I'll give you a call if H&H's only date is at Donington

Trivium, eh? We'll see...

--------------------

"Love your enemies just in case your friends turn out to be a bunch of bastards." - R. A. Dickson

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted January 11, 2007 17:18     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Didn't I tell you to watch that Mez?

He is quite tall, mind.

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted January 11, 2007 20:25     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Dunno about UK, but Heaven & Hell are scheduled for the Sauna Open Air festival held here in Tampere around late June. I plan to see them, I always liked Dio's voice a lot.

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted January 11, 2007 21:31     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The H&H tour starts with a jaunt across Canada, and I'm so fucking there. Dio era Sabbath was their best. Motorhead and Down on the bill too. Damn shit yeah!
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted January 11, 2007 22:00     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nice line up. I've been a Dio fan since I first heard him for Rainbow, and then I followed the little elf to through everything he has laid his voice on, Sabbath, Dio, Sabbath again, The Butterfly Ball project, the Deep Purple guest appearances, songs with Kerry Livgren, etc... I still actually listen to the ELF cds everytime I feel like some swampy boogie woogie rock n roll.

--------------------

yawn

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted January 11, 2007 22:23     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nuclear Vampire:
The H&H tour starts with a jaunt across Canada, and I'm so fucking there. Dio era Sabbath was their best. Motorhead and Down on the bill too. Damn shit yeah!

Down!?

Oh shit.

--------------------

Hellrider
VoivodFan
Member # 980

posted January 12, 2007 06:29     Profile for Hellrider   Email Hellrider     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Didn't I tell you to watch that Mez?

Ah, but he's just being a gentleman and offering help, aren't you Mez?

--------------------

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted January 12, 2007 07:03     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hellrider:
Ah, but he's just being a gentleman and offering help, aren't you Mez?

Of course!

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted January 12, 2007 20:25     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Where's that *barf emoticom*, moderators?

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Hellrider
VoivodFan
Member # 980

posted January 13, 2007 05:11     Profile for Hellrider   Email Hellrider     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Luna, don't be so hard on us, we're just adding a little cuteness to this thread

--------------------

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted January 13, 2007 05:24     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh fuck yeah...

Posted on Friday, January 12, 2007 at 17:01:11

Management has contacted BW&BK to announce the complete itinerary for the upcoming Canadian leg of the HEAVEN AND HELL tour.

Heaven And Hell, the band featuring RONNIE JAMES DIO (vocals), Tony Iommi (guitar - BLACK SABBATH), Geezer Butler (bass - Black Sabbath) and Vinnie Appice (drums), will play the following Canadian dates:

March
11 - Vancouver, BC at Pacific Coliseum
13 - Edmonton, AB at Rexall Place
14 - Calgary, AB at Saddledome
16 - Regina, SK at Brandt Centre

18 - Winnipeg, MB at MTS Centre

20 - Sault St. Marie, ON at Steelback Centre
22 - Toronto, ON at Air Canada Centre
24 - London, ON at John Labatt Centre
26 - Montreal, PQ at Bell Centre
27 - Quebec City, PQ at Colisee Pepsi Arena
28 - Ottawa, ON at Civic Centre

As previously reported, possible countries to be visited on Heaven And Hell's World Tour include South America, Japan, Korea, Australia and Europe. The band will then return to North America for a US tour in August.

Motorhead is no longer on the bill, but Down still is.

So who will replace Motorhead? Apparently a big name act. Let the speculation begin...

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted January 13, 2007 06:29     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
As previously reported, possible countries to be visited on Heaven And Hell's World Tour include South America (...).

P.S.: I didn't know South America was a country, tho.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Hellrider
VoivodFan
Member # 980

posted January 13, 2007 08:32     Profile for Hellrider   Email Hellrider     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You're perfectly right Slay, and Europe isn't a country either. Back to school, guys...

--------------------

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted January 13, 2007 15:11     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Luna, don't be so hard on us, we're just adding a little cuteness to this thread

Huh hu hu, she said "hard on" Beavis

--------------------

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted January 13, 2007 15:13     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Oh fuck yeah...

Posted on Friday, January 12, 2007 at 17:01:11

Management has contacted BW&BK to announce the complete itinerary for the upcoming Canadian leg of the HEAVEN AND HELL tour.

Heaven And Hell, the band featuring RONNIE JAMES DIO (vocals), Tony Iommi (guitar - BLACK SABBATH), Geezer Butler (bass - Black Sabbath) and Vinnie Appice (drums), will play the following Canadian dates:

March
11 - Vancouver, BC at Pacific Coliseum
13 - Edmonton, AB at Rexall Place
14 - Calgary, AB at Saddledome
16 - Regina, SK at Brandt Centre

18 - Winnipeg, MB at MTS Centre

20 - Sault St. Marie, ON at Steelback Centre
22 - Toronto, ON at Air Canada Centre
24 - London, ON at John Labatt Centre
26 - Montreal, PQ at Bell Centre
27 - Quebec City, PQ at Colisee Pepsi Arena
28 - Ottawa, ON at Civic Centre

As previously reported, possible countries to be visited on Heaven And Hell's World Tour include South America, Japan, Korea, Australia and Europe. The band will then return to North America for a US tour in August.

Motorhead is no longer on the bill, but Down still is.

So who will replace Motorhead? Apparently a big name act. Let the speculation begin...

Well shit it looks like I'm going to Vancouver for my birthday, but dropping Motorhead has really altered my chances, being that most of my friends like Motorhead way more than the other 2 bands.

I have no idea who will replace Motor, shit, they are sorta irreplaceable LOL

--------------------

Paulie 88
VoivodFan
Member # 775

posted January 13, 2007 15:14     Profile for Paulie 88   Email Paulie 88     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It doesn't matter if Air Supply was opening, this show is crucial metal...

Best,
PAULIE

--------------------

Voivoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood!
-----------------
DIMESLAND http://youtu.be/2LtFOX6JdVo

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted January 13, 2007 15:15     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
You're perfectly right Slay, and Europe isn't a country either. Back to school, guys...

We're dealing with idgits here. I doubt they even passed middle school

--------------------

Layla's Dad
VoivodFan
Member # 48

posted January 13, 2007 15:18     Profile for Layla's Dad   Email Layla's Dad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Heaven and Hell is headlining this year's BANG YOUR HEAD fest in Balingen, Germany this June. That's jogging distance from my apartment. Looking forward to it.
Hellrider
VoivodFan
Member # 980

posted January 13, 2007 15:23     Profile for Hellrider   Email Hellrider     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Argh! Amost all of you already have dates for this band, but there's still no word about UK dates. [appropriate icon for our current weather]

quote:
Huh hu hu, she said "hard on" Beavis

Er... Freudian slip perhaps?

--------------------

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted January 13, 2007 15:30     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Argh! Amost all of you already have dates for this band, but there's still no word about UK dates. [appropriate icon for our current weather]

Er... Freudian slip perhaps?

I don't live in Canada baby But 3 hours from Vancouver ain't too bad, but I've never been there, I don't know if I'll go or not, I need to ponder this further

--------------------

Hellrider
VoivodFan
Member # 980

posted January 13, 2007 15:38     Profile for Hellrider   Email Hellrider     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I didn't suggest you live in Canada - would that be a new kind of insult?

You're right, it definitely would have been better to have Motorhead on the bill. But who knows, maybe their replacement will be equally cool.

--------------------

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted January 13, 2007 16:44     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
I didn't suggest you live in Canada - would that be a new kind of insult?

You're right, it definitely would have been better to have Motorhead on the bill. But who knows, maybe their replacement will be equally cool.

Well, you said most of you, and there are no US dates to speak of. I guess you were just implying the rest of the world

Replacement: MAYBE equally cool....

--------------------

Hellrider
VoivodFan
Member # 980

posted January 13, 2007 16:59     Profile for Hellrider   Email Hellrider     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sorry, lousy typing - I meant "almost" not "amost".

Sigh - I'm spending Saturday evening working on an urgent project (again)

--------------------

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan