my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » RRROOOAAARRRemaster!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: RRROOOAAARRRemaster!
Paulie 88
VoivodFan
Member # 775

posted January 04, 2007 19:17     Profile for Paulie 88   Email Paulie 88     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This hasn't been mentioned yet for remastering, correct? (I believe it was KT/DH/NF that were mentioned.) Although a few have said in the "acetate" thread that it's not a fave LP for them, it definitely is for me - That is, the original mix, anyway! VOIVOD was selling cassettes of RRROOOAAARRR before its release, I have one buried someplace, and I greatly prefer how it sounds over the way it was ultimately released.

Anyone here have contact w Away to make the suggestion that the ORIGINAL mix be used for the eventual remaster?

One thing that bugs me about the released version is that the intro before Korgull seems so much louder than when the band eventually fades in, making that killer song somehow less menacing than it could have been - This intro is not present on the pre-release cassette.

TO THE DEATH! Indeed...
PAULIE

--------------------

Voivoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood!
-----------------
DIMESLAND http://youtu.be/2LtFOX6JdVo

|  IP: Logged
Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted January 05, 2007 10:47     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I would love to hear a Rrroooaaarrr remaster. I've said it before, but that album is like the soundtrack to my high school days. I plyed the shit out of my first one, had to buy an second copy in grade 12.

It's a fantastic record. Great songs, but muddy as all hell. I think a remix and remaster from the original tapes could bring new life to it.

I think I'll play the CD in the van today while I go run errands. The kids will love it.

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted January 05, 2007 11:05     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nuclear Vampire:
muddy as all hell.

That's why it is so good and timeless. A remaster could ruin that.....

I was playing Phobos today and was thinking how briljant that one is. Too bad of the poor production.

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted January 05, 2007 18:03     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"I think I'll play the CD in the van today while I go run errands. The kids will love it."

That's why you're such a cool dad!!!!

--------------------

yawn

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted January 06, 2007 15:26     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yesterday was Voivod, today was Dissection and Agalloch.
Ynys Trebes
VoivodFan
Member # 55

posted January 08, 2007 22:31     Profile for Ynys Trebes   Email Ynys Trebes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My 7 year old daughter loves Sepultura and the hardcore stuff I mostly listen too (Agnostic Front, Sick of it All, Hatebreed, etc.) And of course, Voivod!!!

She's the one asking me to turn up the volume, hehe...

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted January 09, 2007 01:49     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ynys Trebes:

I have one that enjoys Iron Maiden a lot and one that is not interested in music at all, could be age. first one is 9 years old, other one is 6 years old. For him world's heroes are spiderman, mr incredible and batman.

--------------------

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted May 29, 2007 14:29     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
For what it's worth, Away sent me an email last week requesting videos from 84-86... I sent him everything i had of that era. Hopefully some of it will make it on the bonus DVD!

... and the expression "chuffed as fuck" pretty much translate how I feel about that.

Cthon
Member # 156

posted May 29, 2007 17:57     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skulhed:
For what it's worth, Away sent me an email last week requesting videos from 84-86... I sent him everything i had of that era. Hopefully some of it will make it on the bonus DVD!

... and the expression "chuffed as fuck" pretty much translate how I feel about that.

yes, that would be chuff-inspiring. awesome.

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted May 30, 2007 09:14     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That's awesome, skul!

OT: my son is way into the Red Hot Chili Peppers right now, doing air guitar and even borrowing my wah wah pedal to do some air wah!

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted June 02, 2007 11:43     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
On BBM:

VOIVOD: 'Rrröööaaarrr' Reissue To Include PIGGY Audio Collage, Concert Footage From 1986 - June 2, 2007

Canadian metal legends VOIVOD are finalizing plans to re-release their early back catalog. Drummer Michel "Away" Langevin said the band will start with 1986's "Rrröööaaarrr", the following year's "Killing Technology" and '88's "Dimension Hatröss". He said each LP will be remastered and upped with a bonus DVD. "I found some treasures [for the 'Rrröööaaarrr' reissue]; [the fans] are gonna freak," Away said. "My favorite is a tape of avant-garde sounds collage by Piggy [late VOIVOD guitarist Denis 'Piggy' D'Amour] dated from 1980. I'll include it as bonus audio. Another fave is a DVD sent to me by Skulhed. It's the first U.S. show opening for VENOM at the Ritz in New York City. It was filmed in '86 so we have the full VOIVOD gear on with gasmask, smoke machine etc. It will be a nice addition to the bonus Iron Gang DVD coming with 'Rrröööaaarrr'."

The "Rrröööaaarrr" reissue is expected in the fall through Sanctuary Records.

As previously reported, four demo tracks for VOIVOD's "Katorz" album have been posted online at the Voivodfan.com web site. Download the songs "Mr. Clean", "The Getaway", "Red My Mind" and "After All" at this location.

Michel "Away" Langevin recently commented on the rumors that the band is planning to embark on a tour once the group's bassist Jason "Jasonic" Newsted has recovered from his recent shoulder injury.

Said Away: "Well, we certainly hope to be able to promote the next album and [last year's] 'Katorz' live in 2008 but no plans have been laid down yet. Of course, we're not thinking of replacing [guitarist] Piggy [who died of colon cancer in August 2005]. It would be more of a tribute to him type of thing. It's still too early to think about a tour. In fact, I'm preparing myself mentally to hear Piggy's tracks in the headphones in the studio in the fall 2007!"

VOIVOD's video for the "Katorz" (2006) track "The Getaway" has been posted online at YouTube.com. The clip was created by editing together footage from the album's recording session and the band's 2003 U.S. tour

--------------------

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted June 02, 2007 12:23     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yah, he specifically asked for the Ritz '86 video. I sent him more than that tho.
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted June 02, 2007 12:26     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Skulhed...you da man! Its great to see this coming out.

Cheers!

Paulie 88
VoivodFan
Member # 775

posted June 02, 2007 22:41     Profile for Paulie 88   Email Paulie 88     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Skulhed!!!!!!!

Great to hear about this, but I beg of you, PLEASE send him a note about using the ORIGINAL CASSETTE mix rather than what was on the LP! The orig. cassette was so much more brutal! Aaaauuuugggghhhh!

Can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait... THRASH!

All the best,
PAULIE

--------------------

Voivoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood!
-----------------
DIMESLAND http://youtu.be/2LtFOX6JdVo

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted June 04, 2007 03:35     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
RAD

--------------------

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted June 04, 2007 09:20     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted June 04, 2007 11:06     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great stuff! Can't wait to hear the avant-garde sound collage! PIGGY!!!
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted June 04, 2007 16:21     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan